FA Cup 09/10 Thread

Crybaby Bunting

Fulham are one of those teams that I would have thought every neutral would prefer over Redknapp and Spurs. Still think Spurs will win the match though. I've got money on Zamora to score so as long as that happens I'm not too fussed.

It's not too long ago that that would have been an absolutely retarded bet.

He was 5/2 to score anytime which I thought was quite good odds for the main goal threat of the team. I would probably never have put the money on him even as little as 6 months ago. Just goes to show how well he has done this season.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Howard Webb to officiate between Villa and Chelsea tomorrow.

Ought to make things...interesting. :shifty:

I suspect that Drogba will come back into the starting line-up for the Blues, maybe with Sturridge in place of Joe Cole, but otherwise largely unchanged.

And hey - it's forecast to be warm and sunny! Going to be a great day out. :D

Once Pompey are out of the Premier League they'll last about two years before going utterly bankrupt.

You can't survive in the Championship with £40m worth of debt and no players.

EDIT: As it turns out, that kit is only a one-off kit for the semi-finals. Which is weird really, why would Portsmouth wear a Kappa shirt for the semi-final of a cup competition when they already have a shirt contract with Canterbury? It sounds like the grounds for yet another lawsuit.

Plus, Portsmouth have already got a suspended fine for bringing out a new home kit every season for the past 7 or so seasons (which goes against the standards set by the government to stop clubs blatantly profiting from ott shirt sales)

Luckily they won't reach the final so they won't be able to wear that shirt again >_>

Edited by The General

It was great hearing the commentator saying how "magnificent" the pitch was after 3 or 4 players had slipped over in the first 5 minutes. I feel sorry for Spurs and Portsmouth having to play on that tomorrow.

ITV commentators are just the shits. I think it was Steve Ryder who soundbyted into the break with something like "Chelsea convincing 3-0 winners here", and then came back from the break discussing with the 'pundits' how the 3-0 scoreline flattered them. I mean for fuck sake.

I'm watching the Real/Barcelona match on an American stream and I can safely say that the ITV commentators could be a lot worse. Ray Hudson's commentary is so overexcited, hyperbolic and just plain ridiculous that he makes Clive Tyldesley seem decent.

GolTV is horrid with the commentary ... I mute the matches and try to find a stream to listen too

• Admin

Tottenham: Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Bassong, Bale, Bentley, Huddlestone, Palacios, Modric, Crouch, Defoe.

Subs: Alnwick, Pavlyuchenko, Gudjohnsen, Kranjcar, Rose, Livermore, Assou-Ekotto.

Portsmouth: James, Finnan, Rocha, Mokoena, Mullins, Brown, Wilson, Yebda, Dindane, Piquionne, Boateng.

Subs: Ashdown, Diop, Utaka, Smith, Hughes, Kanu, Basinas.

Couldn't have really chosen a stronger team for us tbh. Glad King isn't being risked on that atrocious pitch. We should win today but now Pompey have only this to play for and no doubt tremendous support. Fingers crossed.

The pitch gets Dindane booked. It's a shocker, players falling and sliding everywhere.

The only thing worse than the pitch todady is Portsmouth. They've been shocking so far, Spurs with 9 corners in 17 minutes or something ridiculous. Pompey relying on the break.

Very happy with the Spurs team. It's wonderful to see Corluka back, we look far better down the right already.

"Surely after yesterday"...even though this has been happening for a couple of years now and they still don't seem to have figured it out.

They're playing rugby on the pitch next week, I think. Maybe they'll appreciate it more. ¬_¬