FLASH FORWARD

Big Red Fury

I'm becoming more and more bored as each episode goes along...I think it might be a problem with the premise itself, because the beginning and the ending of each season will be great, but the middle is a whole lot of waiting to see what happens. I guess we'll see if anything changes now that the show has a new show-runner.

Guest Spongebob Weinstein

I'm becoming more and more bored as each episode goes along...I think it might be a problem with the premise itself, because the beginning and the ending of each season will be great, but the middle is a whole lot of waiting to see what happens. I guess we'll see if anything changes now that the show has a new show-runner.

Doesn't help that in the middle part, they're trying to liven it up by being a cop show, a hospital show, a show about relationships, a pregnancy show, a show about lesbians...whatever might get another few viewers to keep watching.

So it seems to me like Clemente will become VP and orchestrate some sort of coup or something to otherwise get her into power and the President out for a while ([url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TwentyFifthAmendment]25th Amendment, yay TVTropes!). Can't say I'm thrilled about any of the subplots, maybe this would've been better as a movie.

How can you say that?!? What other show is a sci-fi, a mystery, a thriller, a cop show, a political show, a hospital show, and a show about relationships all in one?!?

:shifty:

It's a bad sign when we see something like Charlie in her pyjamas and in her mom's kitchen in Dylan's flash-forward, Charlie's flash-forward being terrifying and having something to do with D. Gibbons and "there are no more good days" (possibly Mark's drinking problem), and my first thought is that this is a continuity error rather than part of the puzzle.

Same thing for Dylan going for a cookie in his flash-forward when he was being put to bed in Olivia's - surely two-plus minutes isn't enough time for both?

And that's not even mentioning ordinary teenage vandals who can scale walls and almost outrun an FBI agent.

I think that they should really have narrowed the focus in the storytelling because there is currently wayyy too much going on. I don't know how many seasons this is planned to go for, but if it's just one or two then I can't see me giving a shit about anyone. I've not connected with any of the characters yet, and to take the LOST comparison, at least they started off with Kate and Jack holding the two major paarts whilst introducing other people in different capacities, but that can't really work for FF due to the changing locations. I like this show and I'll probably see it through, but it could have been so much better than it currently is.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

The acting is ordinary at best, the dialogue varies from boring to cheesy, far too many characters are one-dimensional stereotypes with poor and transparent attempts at fleshing them out (Mark's FBI boss meeting with the President, Janice through Dimitri's little story this week), subplots are introduced out of nowhere and then ignored for weeks, the show parroting everything from cop shows to political thrillers to hospital shows in the hopes of winning that particular genre's audience, and a plot that seems like it will only make sense if we get a giant "some flash-forwards were real and some weren't" deus ex machina in April.

That stuff might have something to do with it.

• Like 1

I agree the show is getting worse. The first few episodes were great because it was exciting and they were furthering the story pretty fast. The last three episodes they apparently decided to stall to gain more viewers and they have lost momentum. They discovered the weird tower in Somalia and they still haven't gone there after what, 3 episodes? So they show the epic tower with the weird mushroom-ish cloud behind it and then they don't use it at all. It is turning into a drama show. Why would Mark be worried about Lloyd starting a relationship with his wife? I mean, she SAW it in her Flash Forward, so that would have apparently happened in the future, but now that she knows she can just ignore him and the problem is solved, I really don't get this. Same thing with Mark using the same wall to take notes, with the same pictures and the same layout, why would you do that? If you want to avoid getting ambushed by a bunch of terrorists in your office and you don't want to get drunk, DON'T REIN-ACT WHAT'S IN YOUR FLASH FORWARD!

Also, the girl Charlie saw Dylan in her FF and they talked and apparently became good buddies (yes they saw each other in their FF's, but that doesn't mean they are suddenly best buddies and don't find it odd when they meet eachother), but at the same time something happens in her FF that makes her believe D. Gibbons is a "bad man". It seems like her FF was longer than all the others, how else can someone show that they are very bad to a child? Surely not within 5 seconds...

I agree the show is getting worse. The first few episodes were great because it was exciting and they were furthering the story pretty fast. The last three episodes they apparently decided to stall to gain more viewers and they have lost momentum. They discovered the weird tower in Somalia and they still haven't gone there after what, 3 episodes? So they show the epic tower with the weird mushroom-ish cloud behind it and then they don't use it at all. It is turning into a drama show. Why would Mark be worried about Lloyd starting a relationship with his wife? I mean, she SAW it in her Flash Forward, so that would have apparently happened in the future, but now that she knows she can just ignore him and the problem is solved, I really don't get this. Same thing with Mark using the same wall to take notes, with the same pictures and the same layout, why would you do that? If you want to avoid getting ambushed by a bunch of terrorists in your office and you don't want to get drunk, DON'T REIN-ACT WHAT'S IN YOUR FLASH FORWARD!

Also, the girl Charlie saw Dylan in her FF and they talked and apparently became good buddies (yes they saw each other in their FF's, but that doesn't mean they are suddenly best buddies and don't find it odd when they meet eachother), but at the same time something happens in her FF that makes her believe D. Gibbons is a "bad man". It seems like her FF was longer than all the others, how else can someone show that they are very bad to a child? Surely not within 5 seconds...

I don't get the moaning about the flash forwards and how they could just 'ignore' the problems to stop them happening. If that was the logic, what would be the point in a flash forward show? If everybody just turned around and said 'fuck it, we'll leave the country so this never happens' or something, it wouldn't exactly be a good show, right?

Personally I think everybody has judged the show way too early, when we're only a few episodes in. I didn't see people instantly shitting on Lost when half of it didn't make sense until it was given time to develop and explain everything.

I don't get the moaning about the flash forwards and how they could just 'ignore' the problems to stop them happening. If that was the logic, what would be the point in a flash forward show? If everybody just turned around and said 'fuck it, we'll leave the country so this never happens' or something, it wouldn't exactly be a good show, right?

Personally I think everybody has judged the show way too early, when we're only a few episodes in. I didn't see people instantly shitting on Lost when half of it didn't make sense until it was given time to develop and explain everything.

I get what you're saying, but they try to make the show realistic and realistically people wouldn't react this way. If I were that woman (Julia I think), I would have gone up to Lloyd the first time I met him and I would have told him about the FF and that she obviously doesn't want it to happen, so that's why another doctor will take care of his patient etc etc.

I get what you're saying, but they try to make the show realistic and realistically people wouldn't react this way. If I were that woman (Julia I think), I would have gone up to Lloyd the first time I met him and I would have told him about the FF and that she obviously doesn't want it to happen, so that's why another doctor will take care of his patient etc etc.

I understand what you're trying to say, but it's not really her who's believed in them from the start. It's Mark. He's a former alcoholic and a guy who see himself basically solving the entire thing in his flash forward. He fully believes they'll come true, which is really why it escalated like it has. Julia didn't seem to believe in them until the moment with the dying person in the hospital either. It's certainly easy to say 'they should of done this and that instead', but we can really say that about so many programmes, even the best ones.

This has certainly taken a few different directions and has a lot to fill in and explain, but I just think some are too quick to judge it. I've got no clue how long the season or programme is going to last, but they cant really just rush into everything in the space of the first five episodes and give too much away. For me that's a positive, it leaves me questioning things and wanting more. To me, they're creating numerous stories on the side and at times ignoring them in episodes because they'll eventually all fit in to the entire puzzle.

The thing that is pissing me off to no end are the constant juxtapositions in every single episode, is it fate? can we change the future? There are answers for each column every bloody time. It should have ended with him falling off so you get a cliffhanger effect, and the guys sponsor is a nice dude and all, but he just seems really pointless to the overall storch arch.