MLB Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

He won't retire till at least after 06. He needs to break Aaron's record, I think he wants to, and may stick around a year afterwards - esp. if he does it at end of 05. I think if he gets close enough to 50 HR in 05, the fans will sort of drive managers to pitch to him so he can get it.

On another note - the guy in my sig (Scott Kazmir) pitched 7 innings of shutout ball against the Red Sox last Tuesday. Then yesterday followed that up with 2 innings plus with 7 earned runs. Ouch.

Edited by Lowerdeck

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Red Sox/Yankees race is starting to favor the Yankees, since they have a 4.5 game lead now.

And does anyone think Ichiro can break the hit record still? He needs 21 hits in the last 13 games, and he's currently on pace for only 256.

Edited by Mortified Penguin

Cubs have to make the playoffs first...

And there's no such thing as curses.

Exactly.

A. The Cubs need to clinch the Wild Card first. I don't think they'll make the WS if they do.

B. Curses are only mental limitations. Another idea that you can't make it. The players on Boston and any Chicago team let it get to them - causing them to screw up so many times.

C. Boy are Boston and Chicago really unlucky.

Guest Bluesman

I have to say, I am quite disappointed in the Cubs. At least with the White Sox you get used to them running their mouth, and then not making the playoffs. The Cubs though always seem to have this aura of hope, only to get crushed.

Come to think of it, it's got to suck to be a Chicago sports fan. I mean really, you've got the Bears. Then you've got the Bulls. Right there are two very good reasons to adopt new sports teams. Then you've got the White Sox, who could field this year's AL All Star Team and still not make the playoffs, because there is something about that uniform that destroys any heart the player had. And finally, the Cubs. Poor Cubbies. They're like that kid who always gets beat up by the bully...but for whatever reason, everytime you think "this is when he fights back and kicks his ass"...of course he never does.

Greatest Hitter of All Time?

HA! Don't make me laugh.

Greatest Power Hitter... yeah, I can agree with that.

Ted Williams, Ichiro, Nom-Ah... all have a say in that one.

And don't try to say he's the best player ever... thats either Willie Mays or Rickey Henderson. It depends on how I feel this hour.