The X Factor 2009

Downward Spiral

Lucy should leave? She's arguably the best vocalist on the show :/

The internet have had an outbreak of crying idiots over Danni's comments about Danyl last night, which really weren't all that bad, the usual media overreacting as always. I'm hoping he's gone soon, because he's probably the most overrated person in the history of the show. I'm shocked they're claiming his performance was the best of the night, when I've seen that performance a million times. And his antics and ways are really just the same bollocks all the time, I think I actually hate the guy.

Favourites are Rachel, Miss Frank, Lucy and after last night, Stacey. I thought Stacey, Rachel and Miss Frank were the standouts last night.

Cheryl Cole has probably the worst group of people in the shows history. I don't think any of them can or will win the show and I'm still shocked she sent home two people who could of actually stood a chance of winning.

Also, screw the media and public, John and Edward are awesome. They're pure cheese but I don't give a damn, they're hilarious and to me, entertaining as hell. And really, with the over the top antics to one side, one of them isn't actually too bad of a singer.

If I had to pick a winner right now, I'd put my money on Lucy.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Lloyd - Hideous, but girls will get him to the latter stages.

Joe - Pretty enough voice, but popstar? No. Gareth Gates Mk. 2 (will he sleep with Jordan?)

Rikki - Eugh, I want to punch my telly.

Miss Frank - They're good. I'm glad I put a bet on them.

Kandi Rain - They were okay, but agreed with what Cheryl said. If you say "We want to move past our past" then don't dress as whores.

John And Edward - I found them funny.

Olly - He's okay, I like him, and think he's the real dark horse.

Danyl - Oh fuck off, he's average. He said he was bisexual to the papers, so what's wrong with saying it on the show? It'd be different if Dannii had outed him.

Jamie - Loved it, but he was really carried into the chorus by the backing choir.

Stacey - Personality & voice? The winner. Stylists? Eww.

Rachel - Who? She was good, but I've almost forgotten her already.

Lucie - Average, overrated, will be the Laura of this year. With Jamie. Out in the early weeks..

I have hated Danyl since the start - the whole mouth thing, not sticking to the words & ad-libbing and the fact he can't keep fucking still have really pushed my buttons but weirdly last night was the first time I thought yeah he's not bad (and it was before the whole Dannii thing). My favourites are Olly and Stacey and have been since the start, both good singers and just normal people.

Like someone else said Cheryl has royally fucked up her choices, I hope she loses one or two in the early weeks it would shut her smug mouth up - I really am not a fan of Mrs. Cole.

Edited by y2gudge08

Kandi Rain probably weren't going to get very far, but I did like their song choice for the sing-off, even if the execution was somewhat akin to fingernails down a blackboard.

If next week is a Whitney Houston week, as seems pretty likely, I think we're going to see a fair few car crashes. Sadly it'll mean that Lucy wheels out that utterly bland 'I Will Always Love You' rendition which perplexingly had everyone salivating at the auditions.

I want Danyl to fuck off, mainly because my name is Daniel Johnson and if he gets any further and any more people know who he is then I can sense it getting irritating... Plus he's overrated.

John and Edward on the other hand, these two are awesome! I hope they get quite far, not because they're good singers, but because they're quite entertaining, it pisses my dad off, and it pisses Simon Cowell off.

Stacey is probably the best in it, despite being a nut.

Jamie, Danyl & Lucie are the best.

I disagree with Danyl. He gave his best performance in the first audition (where he wasn't required to sing a great deal thanks to the chorus), and has unsuccessfully emulated it since, mostly by gesturing as if he needs a shit.

Of course he shed a few tears and is bisexual though, so that automatically means the public will feel sorry for him and he'll make the final.

I don't agree with the bottom two last night what so ever. All three of the boys were utter shit I thought and at least one of them should of been there. Shocked that the public seemingly haven't taken to Rachel, when she's one of the few people on the show who feel like an 'artist' and not just an average singer.

I refuse to watch until:

1. The Gimp Twins John and Edward get kicked out. I'm thinking of a Sid Viscious-esque storyline, someone putting a £500,000 bounty to take 'em out . I'll put up the other £500,000 if they are taken out on stage by someone dressed as a rabbit.

2. That scottish dude gets his eyebrow fixed. Everytime he comes on screen its like a fly is just sitting ontop of his eye, you just wanna slap it.

Edited by SuperTabs

Jamie, Danyl & Lucie are the best.

I disagree with Danyl. He gave his best performance in the first audition (where he wasn't required to sing a great deal thanks to the chorus), and has unsuccessfully emulated it since, mostly by gesturing as if he needs a shit.

Of course he shed a few tears and is bisexual though, so that automatically means the public will feel sorry for him and he'll make the final.

I don't agree with the bottom two last night what so ever. All three of the boys were utter shit I thought and at least one of them should of been there. Shocked that the public seemingly haven't taken to Rachel, when she's one of the few people on the show who feel like an 'artist' and not just an average singer.

I don't think it helped that she was on first - as shown in previous shows the ones who sing/perform first can suffer in the voting and that possibly had an effect.

Thought the guy who sang musicals from the younger group should have made it in ahead of the 16 year old. Also wanted that guy who was in One True Voice to make it through to the top 12.

Liked Jamie the best in the first show.

Was surprised John and Edward survived the first round, very worried they could be this years Macdonald Brothers.

Anyone catch John and Edward being awesome tonight? You didn't?! Well, here it is....

That wasn't fun, that was just shit. I don't mind them doing cheesy stuff on X-Factor as long as they can friggin' SING! They don't have to be Whitney Houston but my god, at least sing in-fucking-tune. That's the sort of thing you hear/see in the audition stage, laugh about it for a bit and then go "but in all seriousness, that was bloody awful." at which point the act will either have a personal meltdown like it's somehow negated their entire life up to that point or will go "ah, fair enough." and leave. They should've been sent out at the first stage and be listed alongside the chicken factory man and the fat girl with the dress. I've no idea who else is on the show or if they're any good, but I'm certainly not watching until they're gone or somehow develop the ability to sing with notes that come somewhere close to the song they're supposed to be performing.