The X Factor 2009

Downward Spiral

Guest Raving Rich

Ollie is likeable, but he isn't exactly a world beater, is he?

And if Joe wins, we almost have ourselves another Leon Jackson.

No that's if Lloyd wins. He has the same depressing aura of Leon Jackson.

I've not been watching the actual show but have seen a lot of the performances via friends making me watch them and have fan-dabi-dozi fun watchign the weekend facebook battles.

Seriously there's no-one here who will be a star.

The Miss Frank group could be a success because thay are a little different and the publicity will probably do more for them long term than anyone else outside the winner.

Danyl is a one trick pony, admittedly it's a good trick but it takes more than that to make a career unless it is a superb trick (see Mariah Carey), he'll probably have a successful album with 3-4 singles and try to bring out a second one which sells next to no copies when people realise it's the same as the first.

The Welsh girl will get a single or two out pronto and it will sell well but then she'll dissapear.

Any of the rest (bar the twins) could win it, in the sense that it wouldnt matter which one did because they will get a huge Christmas single, quick album sales straight after and then dissapear by July.

The twins will stay in until the last 5 or 6 acts, Cowell is doing everything possible to make sure that happens because they are the only interest point in the whole show, if they go out this weekend then voting will plummet next weekend. Creating an act lik this will always drive votes because the system makes it impossible to campaign to get rid of an act, with 12 acts it takes 11 times more votes against them than for them, only when you get to 5 or 6 will there be enough anti-votes, by then the money has been made. They will have a hit, btu essentially they are male cheeky girls without the ability toshow thie bangers to get in the papers.

• 2 weeks later...

Facebook tells me "the fucking pricks" have gone. I guess they mean John & Edward.

I bet all the hardcore Stars In Their Eyes 2K9 X-Factor fans feel liberated now that Jedward are gone. But guess which act will be the most successful in years to come?

In conclusion - the real winner here is... whatever product is being shilled on the Saturday live show.

To be fair, there's no way that all the shilling in the world will get Mariah Carey another number 1 single/album over here...

Oh, and if Dannii had done a proverbial fuck you to Simon and saved the twins to pay hiim back for the Rachel/Lucy debacles, I would probably have driven down to London and proposed to her.

Sadly, it'll probably mean she's canned next year. Turbo sad-face :(

"Before I make my decision, is this a singing contest?". Have you not been paying attention for the past 3 years? Seriously, what have you been judging?!

The twins stopped being entertaining or funny a couple weeks back anyway. One of them looked quite embarrassed to still be in the competition and was a bit too serious for what he was doing. Olly didn't deserve to be in the bottom two at all. He's the only one left who's entertaining and sings well.