unfairly derided bands or artists

METALMAN

I like The Vines, but not because it's "cool" to like them. Moreso just some choice songs than albums.

Also, to go back to Metallica, they are definitely not sell-outs, at least when compared to Bury Your Dead. Metallica actually tried expanding their musicality and tried new things for the sake of trying new things, not to sell more records. If any troo metal band is to be blamed for selling out, it's probably Bury Your Dead. Went from heavy hardcore metal music to alternative shitty imitation of Sevendust that sounds like the rest of the drab on a hard rock station we have in Missoula.

About minority punk bands, I didn't see Death's name thrown around, all three members of that band were black. And then there's the riot grrrrrrrrl movement, with bands like Bikini Kill. And you definitely won't see a country-western act called "The Queers" anytime soon...

Nah, Cascada all the way.

Cascada are fucking awesome. In all honesty, there's nothing wrong with a bit of dance-cheese, and their newest album branches out a bit and totally shits over the vast majority of albums been churned out in mainstream pop music recently. I'd take it over La Roux, I'd take it over Britney, I'd take it over just about anything...hell it's got more plays by me than the Little Boots album, who I've got so high on a pedestal I can see right up her skirt.

Paramore and My Chemical Romance both are fun as fuck live. So they get a + from me. And I did really like "I Brought You My Bullets..." back in the day. :shifty:

I'll toss out Story Of The Year. Written off after the first album of hilarious emo-shitiness (...I still love it though :shifty:) but have churned out a solid 3rd album, and the 2nd album while still very hit and miss, produced an absolute gem. If I am ever asked "What's the best punk-rock song of the last decade" the answer will be a MILLION TIMES

ps. Death are good...but to be perfectly honest, 'nobody' would know who the fuck they were if it wasn't decided that they would be fed to the 'trendy hipsters' earlier in the year.

Edited by YI

On The Vines, I like Highly Evolved but was never really interested in anything they released after that. They're okay but I can't see why people would get mad over the idea that they're really not all that great, because they were quite clearly the weakest of the four big bands touted as being part of a "garage rock revival" or whatever in 2002, and it shows in the fact that The White Stripes and The Hives are both still relevant, The Strokes were relevant until First Impressions of Earth sucking/them suddenly dropping off the face of the earth, and The Vines stopped being relevant after the first single of their second album.

• Like 1