Tekken 6

stokeriño

Seriously. I know Tekken have a history for maaking the final boss fucking ridiculous, but this is just taking it beyond.

I've fought him a dozen times now with the difficulty turned down to Easy (specially for this battle), and at most I've managed to get him down to 1/4 health in one round before he twats me.

So, you know, I'll just vent rage: RAAAAAAARR. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Oh, and I suppose this can also be the official Tekken 6 thread, should anyone else wish to talk about the game...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it on the shelves the other day. Nearly grabbed it but my console was broken at the time so didn't.

Anyway, it worth it? I remember loving Tekken and Tekken 2 and awaiting Tekken with with some kind of obsession but they just seem all the same. Does 6 have anything special going for it?

Well it's like all the Tekkens really... The typical VS/Team/etc. modes are as normal. They've added a handful of new characters, some of whom are great. The 'Scenario Campaign' mode is just like the 'Tekken Force' (aka 3D Streets of Rage) seen in previous games...only with more cutscenes. :shifty:

If you've got people to play it against, it is of course great fun. The 1 player campaign doesn't seem especially worth it, at the moment.

It's by far and away the worst Tekken of the series in terms of outside the standard Arcade, Survivor, Time Attack and Team Battle modes, but in those modes (which are basically the reason most people should be playing) the action is deliciously fluid and sublime. As usual the final boss is cheap as fuck, leading me to being cheap as fuck against him too.

Also, the new characters are my favourite since Tekken 3, and Bob is fucking fantastic fun to play with in particular.

Quite. I mean the main reason I bought it was so that we had a 2 player game that Stokerina likes to play (as opposed to FIFA, SDvR, etc.). And it should also be a great party game for when my mate has his pre-wedding gaming day (he doesn't drink, like strippers, or anything else sensibly stag night-ish...so this is what we get >_>) in a fortnight's time.

As far as new characters go, Alisa is awesome. But no one can replace Xiao as my number one. :wub:

Gonna get it soon, but I've played it at the local arcade place.

Bob is a beast. Though I'm sad Hwoarang has got a new moveset and his kick combo I used to spam got removed. :crying:

Game is better than Tekken 5 in terms of the Arcade mode (which is all I've played on both, mind, so I can't comment on them further than that for Scenario Mode and stuff), and I'm hoping to get both soon, unless they aren't worth the money, in which case... I'll just wait till Christmas and get something else. As for worst in the series, I dislike 4 a lot and I don't even know why. 2 and 3 are would be my favorites out of them all.

Edited by Black Majik

Which move was it of Hwoarang's? All of them work for me? :/

I was basically spamming X (Like I used to in Tekken 3 and 5 whenever I played as him. Bad habit, but still, it worked. <_< ) and instead of the triple (quadruple maybe, can't remember) kick combo-move that he used to do, he did some sort of leg sweep/high kick combination.

Unless the kicks are still in and I held down something while I did it, yeah. I only played as Hwoarang for around three stages before I lost, and wanted to try out the new characters, so yeah.

I'm pretty sure I've done the old triple kick thing, in addition to that low/high kick combo you mention...

They might have shuffled them a bit. For example, there's one of Xiao's kicks that I swear used to require me to press forward as well as X, but now will only happen if I press X with no directions at all.

I'm kind of tempted to get this one because I have played/owned every other Tekken at some point or another, but it's been so long since I've sat down with a fight-em-up and actually enjoyed it. I loathed fighting Jinpachi >_< Is this particularly worth a buy if there's only a handful of characters I'd be really intersted in playing as? (Hwoarang being the priority. Obviously)