Tekken 6

stokeriño

Whatever, I did say I didn't remember. :P

Oh, and as far as the story goes, I'm pretty disappointed so far, although Benji's spoiler is making me give it another chance. Biggest irritation so far is the way that Jin is suddenly a huge asshole (well, he was an asshole before, but at least a likeable asshole) and the idea of an obviously Caucasian guy called Lars being Japanese. <_<

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and as far as the story goes, I'm pretty disappointed so far, although Benji's spoiler is making me give it another chance. Biggest irritation so far is the way that Jin is suddenly a huge asshole (well, he was an asshole before, but at least a likeable asshole) and the idea of an obviously Caucasian guy called Lars being Japanese. <_<

With the Scenario Campaign, unlock Kazuya when you get to choose someone, then spam the shit out of his spinning kick, beats pretty much anything within three tries. And Lars is Swedish... but speaks Japanese >_>

Also, Jin is given an explanation in the final scene, it's part implicit but anybody should be able to understand it, keep in mind that Jin has always been the troubled protagonist and that his goals might not be as totally obvious as one might think, doesn't mean he's any less of an asshole (his reason is actually very selfish, despite him painting it in a nice way).

Like I said when playing, the story/gameplay of SC absolutely blows chunks, but the ending is great - just don't forget that you can equip new stuff that gives you boosts, I completed the main game without ever realising that >_<

Whoever mentioned Soul Calibur.....good series, except I always thought Siegfried/Nightmare was cheap. In....III, I think....it was damn hard to beat either one with certain characters because the game would spam his hardest attacks. The only character I could beat Siegfried with regularly was the guy with the staff. (I sold off my two SC games a long time ago, so I don't remember all the character names)

Jinpachi in Tekken 5 is easily the cheapest boss I've ever seen in a video game. Even cheaper than any boss from the Mortal Kombat games. And I could only beat him regularly using Azuka, who is not one of my favorite characters to use, or Lee. And I'd have to play cheap to do it as Lee.

Edited by GhostMachine

With the Scenario Campaign, unlock Kazuya when you get to choose someone, then spam the shit out of his spinning kick, beats pretty much anything within three tries. And Lars is Swedish... but speaks Japanese >_>

Also, Jin is given an explanation in the final scene, it's part implicit but anybody should be able to understand it, keep in mind that Jin has always been the troubled protagonist and that his goals might not be as totally obvious as one might think, doesn't mean he's any less of an asshole (his reason is actually very selfish, despite him painting it in a nice way).

Like I said when playing, the story/gameplay of SC absolutely blows chunks, but the ending is great - just don't forget that you can equip new stuff that gives you boosts, I completed the main game without ever realising that >_<

Yeah, I'm waiting until I reach the end of Scenario Campaign before I judge it too much, but that's what's irking me about it at the moment. Though this is just what I get for caring about the storyline of a fighting game anyway. <_<

If I still haven't changed my mind by the ending I'll be 'oh well, at least I didn't pay money for it' (it was a birthday present), if the ending blows me away then Tekken diary in the Cube <_<

End of Scenario Campaign:

Has Jin turned to stone or is he just covered in a thin layer of sand. Can't say I was too sure given that his tattoo was prominently featured.

Covered in sand.

Also, I forgot how fun finishing people with King's Shining Wizard is :D

Plus, one more, I hate Alisa, I know Tekken is fun for juggle combos, but she's just ridiculous, I refuse to use her because she's just too easy.

Bwahahaha, I should always use Hwoarang, I mean he's my favourite character, but for some reason I didn't use him in Arcade in trying to beat Nancy, had a shedload of attempts but it always hit me with it's half-life destroying laser of death or opened up the floor so I couldn't reach it without being KO'd - I just fought it with Hwoarang and he delivered the EXACT amount needed in the exact moment that both the timer was about to hit zero AND Nancy opened up the floor, I was shitting myself wondering if I'd got the victory.

All praise be to the Blood Talon :wub:

I can only beat the final boss in Arcade mode by using Lei and some disgraceful, underhanded tactics. SERPENT STRIKE. SERPENT STRIKE. SERPENT STRIKE. REPEAT~!

But I love this game. :wub: My roommates and I have been destroying each other with every incarnation of this game since we lived in the dorms. It is one of the ultimate shit talking games and we've started settling disputes like who runs to the store for TP, does the dishes, or drops off our rent to the landlord who got all pissed about the car parked on the front lawn the day after our Halloween party with battles.

• 5 months later...