PC Games Recommendation

LexChaney

I noticed we didn't have a thread for PC games so I couldn't post in there. >_<

At the moment I'm stuck to playing the same games over and over on the PC as I don't know many good games that I would like, or would draw me in.

I've been playing:

-The Sims 3

-FM 09

-Gangsters 2

-Sims: Castaway Stories

-Sherlock Holmes Vs. Jack The Ripper (the voice acting is bad but it's fun.)

Anyway. I don't like C&C, or future war strategy games. I would love a few good army style strategy games in any of the wars. Also mystery style games are good along with point and click. Or something that you can get lost in.

Fire away. I will check out every game that is mentioned and I mean that. I have a very varied style of games I like to play.

Edited by Sexy Lexy

Yeah, Commando's was a good series, I used to play it when I was much younger at my dad's house and I always enjoyed it, so it's probably not that tough. Star Wars: Kinghts of the Old Republic 1 & 2 are fantastic games and if you've got a half decent PC by today's standards you should be able to run them at max graphic settings, if you're a fan of Lord of the Ring's then I'd strongly recommend The Battle For Middle Earth I & II. I rarely play PC games any more, but I still tend to play through this every now and then because it's just plain fun.

And aside from BFME, another of my favourite RTS games is Rise of Nations, which is plenty easy but also really, really fun. I'd strongly recommend this one just for the amount of scenario's you can download and the World Take Over mode that's pretty awesome.

Stubbs The Zombie was a good laugh a few years back too. And if you want a really quick and easy game to play (though best played with mates on a LAN connection), Age of Empire's 2 still actually holds up really well as a fun RTS. It hasn't got fan-dabi-dozi graphics or many new features, but it's fun. Speaking off, if you can settle for something as old as AOE 2, then you should totally try out Age of Mythology which is awesome. It's just AOE but with like Sea Serpents and Minotaurs. I also really liked Oblivion on the PC.

Meh the only PC games I play right now are Cycling Manager 09 and Empire: Total War.

Back in the day though there were some classics - Monkey Islands, Indy Jones Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, The Dig...Loads of amazing point and click.

The genre's died out a bit along with classic mystery games. ALl I can seem to find nowadays are CSI style murder investigation games....

I've actually played one dating game YEARS ago. It was surprisingly enjoyable to play through the story. I think it was called "True Love".

The idea is it's your last year at school and you have a term to date various girls and decide who you're gonna marry at the end.

All the stereotypical girls are there - the long-time friend, the sports girl, the arty girl, the weird girl, the best friend's younger sister, the girl who turns out to be a pop star hidden behind Clark Kent style glasses, the teacher, the mysterious older woman. On the last day you have to choose who to marry but if they don't like you enough they just refuse. Hoho.

You could try and get it on with everyone or just target one. The story is cute, and although I remember the "sex" scenes being pretty graphic as expected (and that kind of thing isn't my bag), the vast majority of the game was more character development and trying to win girls over....Which was kinda cool. It also has some classic Japanese storylines....Well okay it has the suspicious dirty guy who steals girls' knickers but that's THE classic Japanese storyline.

Aaah, here's a link:

http://www.cdosabandonware.com/std_games_details.php?gameid=206

Seeing as I'm not going to make a new topic to ask a question, I'll hijack this one quickly...

So, I just, *ahem* acquired, Mass Effect. I was a fan of KOTR, so what're the chance's I'll enjoy this? Is it worth the hassle of installing and getting it to work? And lastly, what's the save system like?

My only problem with Mass Effect(on 360) was that it's a little too...sterile. All of the planets look the same aside from the color, the exploration gets boring and repetitive, and a lot of the graphics just didn't impress me. The story is fan-dabi-dozi, combat is fun. I didn't really have a problem with anything other than the those points.