I've bought:

Demon Days - Gorillaz

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Kings Of Leon - Youth And Young Manhood

Muse - Black Holes And Revelations

Green Day - American Idiot

Hard-Fi - Stars of CCTV

Muse - Absolution

Avalanches - Since I Left You (This was the third ever album I bought behind Royksopp - Melody AM and the Best of the Lightning Seeds. I was a bit weird when I was 13.)

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

The Coral - The Coral (can't quite believe The Coral have made this list, but am ecstatic that they have. I do love them, even if they have produced some awful cack along the way.)

The White Stripes - Elephant

QOTSA - Songs For The Deaf

Arctic Monkeys - WPSIA,TWIN.

The Strokes - Is This It

= 14/100.

Has to be said though, I haven't listened to four of these (Clap Your Hands, Bloc Party, Hard-Fi and The Strokes) in ages, and probably won't again. Decent list all in all, quite a few albums (especially The Shins, The Maccabees and The White Stripes) that I've overlooked and will have to look out for. I agree that it should have been called the NME 100 rather than "The Top 100 Greatest Albums of the Decade" - uncomfortable amounts of horn-tooting going on there.

Mike Williams wrote:

I'm sorry but I can't take this list seriously with the omission of Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway". How do you not include the album that helped define a genre of music (Pop/Rock) and probably sold more than 95%, if not all, of the albums on this list. The album sold over 11 million copies worldwide and spawned four #1 songs. That's a little too much to ignore.. especially when you have Britney's BLACKOUT in the Top FIVE. You're talking about the best Pop albums of this decade - not the best all around records which could include any Genre.. it's not best Rock albums.. it's pop. Kelly is pop and she should be very near the top of this list. So sorry, can't take this seriously.

Ahahaha. Quality.