EWB Screenwriting Group

Jimmy

• 1 month later...

I gone done wrote a new feature length script: The Red Top. If anyone would like to take a look at some (or all, if you're certifiably insane) I'd really appreciate it. Hoping to submit to the BBC Writersroom before their next deadline of late May.

Synopsis: After a rock star is killed, a paparazzi’s questionable actions unwittingly cause a chain of events where it becomes legal to kill celebrities.

• 2 months later...

I gone done wrote a new feature length script: The Red Top. If anyone would like to take a look at some (or all, if you're certifiably insane) I'd really appreciate it. Hoping to submit to the BBC Writersroom before their next deadline of late May.

Synopsis: After a rock star is killed, a paparazzi’s questionable actions unwittingly cause a chain of events where it becomes legal to kill celebrities.

Completely forgot about this, GA. Still need someone to look at it?

And AOM send it my way (Y)

Completely forgot about this, GA. Still need someone to look at it?

And AOM send it my way (Y)

Mil and Kongo looked at it so I know what I am doing on now (short version: dump the 'legal to kill celebrities' bit).

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Since this thread has turned into 'GA plugs stuff', here's another:

The Idiot Box is a concept of mine from way back when that has been adapted by Xand (if any of you remember him, he pops on EWB from time to time) into a series of scripts. Episode 1 is 'airing' on the screenwriting forum we're both a member of now, with five more scripts coming (including one by me) in the next few weeks.

Please check out Xand's first episode and, if you love it, stick around for the other scripts.

The plot reminds me a little of another TV Show I wanna say you wrote that was similar to Pleasantville in a way. (I think that was you?)

Probably. I went through a long phase of writing about the mechanics of television and the audience's relationship to it. The Idiot Box concept was part of that.

There was a script about a man who believes is the star of his own TV show and does whacky antics in the quest for ratings - was it that one?