EWB Screenwriting Group

Jimmy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This might be a bit off topic, but does anybody know where I can find the script for Half Baked? I've been looking for it for at least a year now and ave been unsuccessful. Only reason I ask is because I read in an interview with Dave Chappelle that he said the Half Baked script was a hundred times better than the movie which is one of the best stoner movies ever.

This might be a bit off topic, but does anybody know where I can find the script for Half Baked? I've been looking for it for at least a year now and ave been unsuccessful. Only reason I ask is because I read in an interview with Dave Chappelle that he said the Half Baked script was a hundred times better than the movie which is one of the best stoner movies ever.

Try looking here - http://www.imsdb.com/

I tried looking on all the sites suggested and wasn't able to find it. I finished my first draft to a movie I am working on except for some minor things I am looking to add, that are very crucial to moving the story along. I was hoping to add a montage and was wondering how you write it out in the middle of a script. I would only assume bullet points but I'm not sure. If anybody knows or has any ideas on how, I'd love to hear them and they'd be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Excellent story, really enjoyed it. A man wishes he was the Suburb Strangler, can't, steals their notoriety by turning himself in. Wish I'd thought of it actually. In terms of narrative, no problems here.

Only problem with dialogue came with the radio. Two points: 1 - on the first page, you should split the dialogue: so the radio explicitly references the Strangler, Sam then 'drops his items', then the rest of the information. 2 - "The police are appealing directly to the killer to turn himself in, so they can do their best to get him the medical help he clearly needs." would only ever be said by a vox pop. I don't think it's even worth pointing out that a serial killer "clearly needs" medical help though.

Action was fine except for some unnecessary adverbs. Cut out all the 'slowly' words as you dictated a slower pace through the way the script is structured. Only use 'suddenly' in exceptional circumstances as it takes so long to read that word, the action feels less sudden. :P

Other than that, great effort.

Thanks for the feedback, really glad you enjoyed the narrative. I put the script up on another site, and they were telling me that I needed to give motivation to this character, otherwise - they don't care. Or they want to know why he was obsessed. But I thought it was an interesting to explore someone that just was fixated with this figure, had murder aspirations, and how they coped with it. I'll definitely rethink the bits you pointed out, and hopefully the a few Uni's will find it a decent read.

Thanks for the feedback, really glad you enjoyed the narrative. I put the script up on another site, and they were telling me that I needed to give motivation to this character, otherwise - they don't care. Or they want to know why he was obsessed. But I thought it was an interesting to explore someone that just was fixated with this figure, had murder aspirations, and how they coped with it. I'll definitely rethink the bits you pointed out, and hopefully the a few Uni's will find it a decent read.

...But his motivation is to imitate the Suburb Strangler. I don't get where they're coming from there.

Why he is obsessed, there's enough to suggest the Strangler is a hero and representative of everything Sam wants to be.

Not everything has to be explained in black and white through dramatic monologues, which I imagine the other site likes a lot of. Long as there's subtext there, you are perfectly fine.