The Inevitable January Transfer thread '10

Crybaby Bunting

It's early again I know, and rather than write a fuck-off long introduction that you won't read, here's what's happening.

Confirmed

Beckham to Milan

Very nearly confirmed

Donovan to Everton

Strongly hinted at

Figurosa to Sunderland

Gatusso to City

Edin Dzeko to anywhere ¬_¬

Aguero to Chelsea

Mouriniho to City <_<

Sol Campbell anywhere

Talked about rumours that sound total gash

Rob Green to Chelsea :rolleyes:

Carlos Cuellar to Real Madrid

Robbie Keane to Celtic

Unwanted footballers that may well be leaving

Luca Toni

Ruud Van Nistelrooij

Van Der Vart

Palvenchenko

David Bentley

The Entire Portsmouth FC playing staff for financial reasons.

Alberto Aqualani <_<

Last years thread saw me get all three of my big predictions wrong: Owen didn't move, Given went to City and Heskey went to Villa. As such I'll make some equally baseless rumours this year:

• Gareth Bale to Aston Villa/Wigan (I'm of the belief that Redknapp might be annoyed enough through Bale's inconsistency to drop him from his plans)
  • Wayne Bridge to Everton (I see City getting sick of Bridge too, he isn't performing as well as he should be and I see City getting itchy feet)
  • Luca Toni to Aston Villa (I see O'Neil doing SOMETHING stupid to disrupt the striker situation at Villa in the hope of preventing a collapse in form, only for that to happen)

Guest Raving Rich

Here's a few rumors I picked up today:

Uros Cosic - from CSKA Moscow to Manchester United

Waldo Ponce - from Velez Sarsfield to Wigan Athletic

Kerra Gilbert - from Arsenal to Leicester City

Gattuso's extended his contract at Milan so he's not going anywhere.

Nobody decent will want Bentley at the moment and with Russia not going to the World Cup I hope Pavlyuchenko is given a few more chances for Spurs. Love to keep both of them around, fan-dabi-dozi to have that kind of depth. Robbie Keane on the move again is an obvious rumour with Crouch and Defoe currently first choice but I don't see it happening.

I would be stunned if Gareth Bale left, unless Redknapp brings in a left back which I would find a strange move because of how well Benoit Assou-Ekotto has played this season. Improve Bale's defensive game a bit and he's a decent full back. Failing that, move him into midfield, again a useful player in the squad.

• Admin

Not really bothered about who we go for, I think we're alright in most areas. Maybe we could do with a new central midfielder to replace that donkey Jenas.

What I do want to see is us pay the £3m we've been touted to be ready to pay for Watford's Scott Loach. I've seen him a fair bit, with Watford being the local club and all, and seeing as Cudicini is out for a while now and Watford's financial woes, Loach would make a g-reat foil for Gomes.

Seriously, his reflexes are ridiculous.

We'll have Sandro from Brazil coming in, with 2 of Hutton, Bentley and Pav leaving. We'll most likely also get a back-up keeper and I wouldn't mind Vieira, who we were rumoured to be signing earlier, coming in. We need someone who can come on when we're winning with 15 to go and just sit in front of the defence and run the game out.

Guest Raving Rich

I however don't want Ruud back at Man U because he's not the same player as he used to be and I don't think he's welcome back considering what he did to force Sir Alex to sell him in the first place.

• Like 1

Keane won't be leaving. Everyone at Spurs is saying that none of the central squal will be off. Pav and Bentley are probably on their way though.

I'd love Spurs to get Van der Vaart if he's unwanted.

There was a statement released on the Liverpool website in the summer that said Xabi Alonso was not for sale. :shifty:

Alberto Aqualani

I'd say he'll be playing more and more from here on in.

Not sure what the money situation for January is as far as Liverpool are concerned. I'd like to see money spent on defenders, good ones. Ones immune to Jamie Carragher headbuttng them.

Mancini's transfer targets for January are thought to be Liverpool duo Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano, Bayern Munch winger Franck Ribery, Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero, Benfica winger Angel Di Maria, Barcelona duo Yaya Toure and Thierry Henry and West Ham defender Matthew Upson.

Congratulations you've managed to create the stupidest rumour of all time Daily Mirror. 3 Strikers? 2 wingers? 2 defenders? To replace whom exactly ¬_¬