Formula One 2010

Lineker

Apparently, Vettel just avoided getting a penalty after the race because he passed Trulli under yellow flags - that was the scene on the BBC coverage when they were wondering why neither of them seemed to want to pass the other. Apparently the stewards decided that given the circumstances though (ie: the fact it was a Lotus, and specifically the fact that Trulli's car had problems) Vettel had no other choice but to pass him, which seems fair enough. Probably also gives some added weight to the "let's have a former driver as a steward" idea, because that would have no doubt helped out.

3 races, 3 different winners, 3 different teams doing a 1-2, 8 different drivers on the podium.

Something tells me this season is going to be rather interesting. biggrin.gif

It might be, Only problem is, If one driver win 3 races in a row or something, Then they have pulled well away :(

3 races, 3 different winners, 3 different teams doing a 1-2, 8 different drivers on the podium.

Something tells me this season is going to be rather interesting. :D

Did I miss Robert Kubica becoming Jenson Button's teammate in Australia?

Not like I was there or anything...

27059_382235541283_561411283_3957132_6289997_n.jpg

:blush:

Holy fuck...Buemi's front suspensions just exploded under braking heading in to the last corner during FP1. Both front tyres went flying off, one of them nearly hit a cameraman and landed by some fans who then posed with it. Seriously worrying to see it though when it first happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cL7ppUwKVE

Video of it that hopefully stays up. I saw it as it happened. That's the first time I've ever seen the suspension on a car literally explode and disintegrate. Not just an F1 car, but any car. I've never seen suspension just... give like that. That was absolutely insane.

• Admin

Yeah jeez, that was bizarre. Toro Rosso are saying that the accident was caused by was caused by the failure of the front right upright.The investigation concluded that the incident was caused by a front right upright failure - which was a new design introduced for this weekend's race. Exactly what went wrong to cause the malfunction has not yet been established, however. Once the right upright failed, the load on the left side component was too great for it to handle which is why that failed simultaneously. The team also concluded that the wheel tethers did not work, with the tyres being pitched over the spectactor fences. The tethers were attached to the part of the uprights that broke off.

Toro Rosso will fit uprights from a previously used proven design to both its car from second practice in Shanghai.

P1

Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:36.677 15
2. Rosberg Mercedes 1:36.748 +0.071 17
3. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:36.775 +0.098 19
4. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1:37.509 +0.832 14
5. Kubica Renault 1:37.601 +0.924 20
6. Petrov Renault 1:37.716 +1.039 17
7. Schumacher Mercedes 1:37.745 +1.068 25
8. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:37.980 +1.303 17
9. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:38.008 +1.331 13
10. Massa Ferrari 1:38.098 +1.421 19
11. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:38.161 +1.484 19
12. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1:38.375 +1.698 21
13. de la Rosa Sauber-Ferrari 1:38.421 +1.744 19
14. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1:38.569 +1.892 20
15. di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1:38.618 +1.941 26
16. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:38.678 +2.001 17
17. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:39.939 +3.262 5
18. Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1:41.531 +4.854 22
19. Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1:41.779 +5.102 23
20. Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:41.830 +5.153 20
21. di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1:42.181 +5.504 27
22. Senna HRT-Cosworth 1:43.875 +7.198 23
23. Chandhok HRT-Cosworth 1:43.949 +7.272 20
24. Alonso Ferrari no time 6

All Timing Unofficial[/code]

Something else of note - no time set by Alonso. More engine troubles for Ferrari.

Bernie has come out and confirmed that with India joining the calender next year; no races will be dropped, giving us a 20 race season, "going on to 25". The more racing the better I suppose!

Bernie has come out and confirmed that with India joining the calender next year; no races will be dropped, giving us a 20 race season, "going on to 25". The more racing the better I suppose!

Whatever happened to cutting costs? :/

Have to love these crazy F1 drivers, and their ability to play down any incident that occurs:

Buemi said: "From in the car it was not a problem. I just lost both wheels."

Call me crazy, but if two of my wheels fell off, while I was going at 200mph, I would have called it a problem!

• Like 1

The average cost per race is reduced?

"Cutting Costs" is actually the typical corporate euphanism for making more dough?

Bernie Ecclestone has already said that older European Grand Prix's will be dropped in favour of new races in New York and Russia. I don't see why they can't drop Bahrain or one of the many middle Eastern tracks that have provided zero excitement. Financially, those races have been a disaster for years as no normal people can afford tickets due to their one-sided economies. Furthermore, if they want to desperately accommodate the European audience so much, hold the races in Europe. It's logical!

I wish someone would put Bernie in an old people's home. He be crazy.

• Like 1

Bernie Ecclestone has already said that older European Grand Prix's will be dropped in favour of new races in New York and Russia. I don't see why they can't drop Bahrain or one of the many middle Eastern tracks that have provided zero excitement. Financially, those races have been a disaster for years as no normal people can afford tickets due to their one-sided economies. Furthermore, if they want to desperately accommodate the European audience so much, hold the races in Europe. It's logical!

If he is going to drop older european races then hungary has to be the first to go.

If he is going to drop older european races then hungary has to be the first to go.

You're probably right about that. Though the worst European race is Valencia, they're on about scrapping Barcelona first.

Noooooooooooooooooo

Hungary is awesome :(

If you're gonna drop European races drop Germany (I know its not going to happen with the dirth of German drivers on the grid), Nurburgring is dull, and the new santized version of Hockenheim is amazingly awful, I miss the long straights :(. Then you get in to the classics and more muddy water about what could be dropped. They aren't gonna drop Monza or Monaco, they shouldn't drop Britain (always a good race, lots of teams based in the UK), they wont drop Spain because of the testing at Catalunya, but having two with Valencia is a little wrong, but I like street circuits :/ ... And they better not keep getting rid of Montreal, I love that circuit. Basically I want a 30 week season with a race almost every weekend :shifty:

Noooooooooooooooooo

Hungary is awesome :(

If you're gonna drop European races drop Germany (I know its not going to happen with the dirth of German drivers on the grid), Nurburgring is dull, and the new santized version of Hockenheim is amazingly awful, I miss the long straights :(. Then you get in to the classics and more muddy water about what could be dropped. They aren't gonna drop Monza or Monaco, they shouldn't drop Britain (always a good race, lots of teams based in the UK), they wont drop Spain because of the testing at Catalunya, but having two with Valencia is a little wrong, but I like street circuits :/ ... And they better not keep getting rid of Montreal, I love that circuit. Basically I want a 30 week season with a race almost every weekend :shifty:

Now, I don't like the Catalunya track, and I'd be all for them scrapping it from the season, and keeping it as the official test track.