Formula One 2010

Lineker

Echo that really, anybody other than the tit Alonso, although it's not much better that fucking Vettel of all people will win the title, shame really. Obviously wanted the miracle for Hamilton, but no chance of course anymore. Pretty good race, always good to see Alonso and Ferrari fuck up.

Vettel is going to drown in a helmet full of tears.

And fuck Alonso having a pop at Petrov, don't blame him that you couldn't pass him you tit. :angry:

He deserves the title. I'm so gutted as a Webber fan, and I wasn't happy with how Red Bull seem to have favoured Vettel this season but he has been the faster man and ultimatly he has won the crown.

Alonso, so glad he didn't win it, he hasn't been the best driver, he hasn't had the fastest car and his reaction to Petrov at the end just sums him up. What a baby. Get over the fact you weren't good enough to pass the rookie for 40 odd laps.

It's been a terrific season, one of the best ever surely. I already can't wait for 2011.

I want to punch Vettel in his stupid ugly young face.

Does he make you feel a little bit bitter because he's younger than you? It does with me, it's kind of depressing...

I wanted Button to win it most, but ultimately the MacLaren just wasn't QUITE up to speed and his continued qualification fails screwed him over.

That meant I wanted Webber to win. I like Webber loads, great driver, generally good attitude, races hard. Sadly today he had the problem early on and fell away with nothing more than a whimper.

Boo.

I want to punch Vettel in his stupid ugly young face.

Does he make you feel a little bit bitter because he's younger than you? It does with me, it's kind of depressing...

Perhaps that's one of the reasons I like Button. He's thirty so is pretty much the same age as me, just a few months older so that inside I feel I can always become a better F1 driver than him in those few months I have over him. :shifty:

• Admin
PROVISIONAL RACE RESULTS

The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Yas Marina, United Arab Emirates;
55 laps; 305.355km;
Weather: .

Classified:

Pos Driver Team Time
1. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1h39m36.837s
2. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 10.1s
3. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 11.0s
4. Rosberg Mercedes + 30.7s
5. Kubica Renault + 39.0s
6. Petrov Renault + 43.5s
7. Alonso Ferrari + 43.7s
8. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 44.2s
9. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 50.2s
10. Massa Ferrari + 50.8s
11. Heidfeld Sauber-Ferrari + 51.5s
12. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth + 57.6s
13. Sutil Force India-Mercedes + 58.3s
14. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari + 59.5s
15. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1m03.1s
16. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth + 1m04.7s
17. Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth + 1 lap
18. Di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth + 2 laps
19. Senna HRT-Cosworth + 2 laps
20. Klien HRT-Cosworth + 2 laps
21. Trulli Lotus-Cosworth + 4 laps

Fastest lap: Hamilton, 1m41.274s

Not classified/retirements:

Driver Team On lap
Glock Virgin-Cosworth 44
Schumacher Mercedes 1
Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1

World Championship standings, round 19:

Drivers: Constructors:
1. Vettel 256 1. Red Bull-Renault 498
2. Alonso 252 2. McLaren-Mercedes 454
3. Webber 242 3. Ferrari 396
4. Hamilton 240 4. Mercedes 214
5. Button 214 5. Renault 163
6. Massa 144 6. Williams-Cosworth 69
7. Rosberg 142 7. Force India-Mercedes 68
8. Kubica 136 8. Sauber-Ferrari 44
9. Schumacher 72 9. Toro Rosso-Ferrari 13
10. Barrichello 47
11. Sutil 47
12. Kobayashi 32
13. Petrov 27
14. Hulkenberg 22
15. Liuzzi 21
16. Buemi 8
17. De la Rosa 6
18. Heidfeld 6
19. Alguersuari 5

All timing unofficial[/code]

Amazing end to what has been an amazing season overall. I was pulling for Webber to take the title but he was pretty much fucked the second he hit the wall. Ferrari were watching the wrong Red Bull and paid for it big time. And as much as I loved seeing Alonso shaking his fist at Petrov at the end, Alonso has no reason to blame the Russian. As others here have already said, Alonso should have been able to get past the rookie, but he didn't, and that's all there is to it. Congratulations to Vettel, he may not be the most popular winner but on the whole I think he deserves the title. Roll on 2011

I'm pleased for Vettel, and we can't really take anything away from a guy who's just become the youngest world champion in F1 history. Like GSP says, the fact he's a year younger than me irritates me no end though! Congratulations to the lad; if it couldn't have been Jensen I'm glad it was him. Or, at least I'm more glad it wasn't Alonso, the miserable childish cunt that he is. Regards his having a go at Petrov at the end; I can understand his frustration in getting caught up behind the rookie and in not having a great race, and in coming close to the title without winning it, but at the end of the day why the hell should Petrov move over? It's down to Alonso to find a way past him and he couldn't. In short, he can be frustrated with himself, the team, the car, the outcome, the gods, life in general and that's fine, having a go at Petrov was unacceptable.

Gotta say I'm loving the Red Bull celebrations on the F1 Forum with AC/DC blaring out across the pit lane. :D

I honestly thought Eddie was going to assault one of those paps! So crazy in there. Anyway it was another great season, I really enjoyed it, cannot wait until the next one now! Really hope that Mercedes can get their act together and we have a 4 way battle next year, would be amazing.

VETTEL! :w00t:

I mean, I'd have loved Webber to win but Vettel was always my second choice and I really was in the "anyone but Alonso" frame of mind. Vitaly Petrov is therefore my new hero, especially since he managed to keep it on the racetrack the entire time which is a bit of a rarity for him. One of his best drives of the season so hopefully he manages to stay at Renault (it's looking likely, IMO). Alonso was a complete dick for what he did and I loved that Petrov very nearly turned in on him when he was doing it, that stopped the baby throwing his toys out of the pram.

Petrov totally deserves his spot in Renault after that drive. He has just had a really unlucky season, but like Kubica, when he has needed to put a drive in, he has done beyond what has been asked of him. That drive was sensational.

The best thing about all of this, was that stupid Webber didn't win, so all of the pathetic Australian individuals who wanted Red Bull to hand Webber the title by issueing team orders last race, can now be ever so sad because the #1 Red Bull Driver just won the title!

Webber sucks. :shifty:

• Admin
Moments ago, the confirmation came that Williams won't be running rookie Nico Hulkenberg next season, despite an outstanding performance by him in Brazil. We have been speculating over the future of the German for a while now, with three drivers linked to Williams, and only two spaces for them.

The split is somewhat amicable, with Hulkenberg confirming that they just couldn't come to an agreement over extending the contract.

I heavily regret that, because I would have been happy to stay with Williams. I want to thank the team for a great time and I wish Williams all the best for the future.

- Nico Hulkenberg

Nico created the surprise of the year at Interlagos, by placing his out-of-position Williams on pole. The race did not go to plan, and although he finished in the points, Sunday was nowhere near as impressive as Saturday. Nevertheless, the event raised eyebrows and it may help Hulk find a place for next year.

His manager, Willi Weber has confirmed that they are talking to a few other teams, so their options are open for 2011. Places at the top of the grid are limited, though, so where can Hulkenberg fit in?

Update: The team have now confirmed that Rubens Barrichello will drive for them in 2011, with the second seat remaining undecided for now. A statement issued by the Williams F1 team has team boss Frank Williams thanking Nico for his hard work and continuing:

We recruited Rubens to Williams knowing that he would bring technical expertise, experience and passion. He has delivered everything we could have hoped for this season and we are delighted to confirm that he will drive for us again in 2011.

- Frank Williams

Ugh. They're having to do it for commercial reasons (Maldonado has a lot more money to offer than Hulk) but it's still annoying to see such an obvious talent get screwed over like this. Rumour is that he might be getting one of the Force India drives or he'll end up at Virgin in the second seat, but they're both a step down when he should really be moving up or sticking in the midfield with Williams. Gr.

• Admin

I read that Williams were willing to keep him on but loan him out to HRT - something which he didn't go for (can't blame him, pole to HRT?!!)

Daniel Ricciardo picked up where he left off in last year's Formula 1 rookie testing, topping the timesheets on the opening morning of young driver running at Abu Dhabi.

Driving the all-conquering Red Bull RB6, the 21-year-old set a best time of 1m40.813s, within 1.5 seconds of newly-crowned world champion Sebastian Vettel's pole position time from the weekend.

Ricciardo completed 46 laps during the first half-day of running and his lap was some 1.923s faster than that of Force India tester Paul di Resta, who was concentrating on setting benchmark times for team newcomer Antonio Felix da Costa on a heavier fuel load.

McLaren-contracted Oliver Turvey was third-fastest, two tenths off the quickest F1 debutant, GP2 race-winner Sam Bird. The Briton is running on both days for Mercedes.

Fellow newcomer Jean-Eric Vergne was only two tenths slower. The British Formula 3 champion and Red Bull junior is driving for Scuderia Toro Rosso today and tomorrow. Also showing good pace were Sauber reserve driver Esteban Gutierrez and Mikhail Aleshin, who was driving for Renault as a prize for winning the Formula Renault 3.5 title.

Jules Bianchi made his debut as an official Ferrari test driver, completing 31 laps and setting the eighth-fastest time. He was ahead of Formula 2 champion Dean Stoneman, who did not set a proper lap time until the final hour of running as he focused on aerodynamic runs concentrating on the air flow around the wheel. He eventually got down to a respectable pace and will be given more freedom to set fast times this afternoon.

F3 Euro Series ace da Costa sat out the first few hours while di Resta lapped in the Force India, later emerging and completing 20 laps on his F1 debut.

Behind him came the three new teams, with Williams aspirant Pastor Maldonado the fastest driving for HRT.

The test is being run on the same configuration of the Yas Marina circuit as was used for last weekend's F1 championship finale. All of the teams are using Bridgestone rubber for the two-day test prior to switching to Pirelli for the tyre test that starts on Friday.

The test will run for a further three-and-a-half hours this afternoon.

Pos  Driver                  Car          Time       Laps
1. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull 1m40.813s 46
2. Paul di Resta Force India 1m42.736s 28
3. Oliver Turvey McLaren 1m42.933s 47
4. Sam Bird Mercedes 1m43.201s 39
5. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso 1m43.392s 46
6. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber 1m43.410s 37
7. Mikhail Aleshin Renault 1m43.661s 39
8. Jules Bianchi Ferrari 1m43.894s 31
9. Dean Stoneman Williams 1m44.051s 32
10. Antonio Felix da Costa Force India 1m44.704s 20
11. Pastor Maldonado Hispania 1m46.278s 59