Adrian Chiles Ordered To Shave

Blue Rosler

BBC bosses have reportedly ordered Adrian Chiles to shave off his beard.

The presenter debuted his new hairy look on The One Show earlier this month, but it is thought that executives believe it is "inconsistent" with his role on the evening programme.

A source told The Sun: "Adrian's bush has not gone down well with petty-minded BBC execs. They reckon he doesn't look right, a bit scruffy, like he hasn't bothered to get ready properly."

However, Chiles has indicated that he would like the beard to stay as he believes it is popular with The One Show's fans.

He explained: "I was just about to shave it off in our make-up room when Kirsty Young told me to leave it on. Since then Davina McCall has told me she liked it. And Kate Silverton called me over to tell me I looked hot, though I don't think she had her specs on at the time. Women and many gay men have told me it looks good, so it's staying."

Bearded stars Justin Lee Collins and Noel Edmonds have now claimed that Chiles should be allowed to keep his new image. Labour MP David Blunkett has also backed the star.

Bahaha, I caught a bit of the One Show last night, I thought they'd let a homeless man into the studio.

Noel Edmunds beard owns. Adrian Childs looks like it belongs to a sex pest.

Picture-15-150x150.png

Look at that gormless, molester face.

That beard is not glorious in anyway, its justs looks like he was thrown out by his wife and then didn't have any shaving equipment in his room at the Premier Travel Inn this morning before he went to work.

Adrain Childs should really be drawing as little attention to his face as possible...

Nothing beats the Bailey on the beard-age front, I'm afraid. Not even the Edmonds can withstand its greatness.

95CF737C-B778-6182-A51EA59355E15404.jpg

Back to the subject of Chiles though, I saw him rocking the "curmudgeonly tramp" look on MOTD2 and, at first, I did think "You scruffy prick, Chiles. HAVE A SHAVE, MAN!" But, it is beginning to grow on me (pun intended) and I think he should be allowed to grow it to whatever lengths he sees fit. I would love to see Chiles with a monster beard a la Peter Griffin:

familyguy-petersswallows_1217539584.jpg

EDIT: Bugger it, that Bill Bailey picture HAS to be my signature now - in my sleep deprived state, it's just mesmerising.

Edited by badotori

I have nothing to add to this conversation, other than the fact that the reason I clicked here is because of the awesome update that came up on the main page under recent updates:

"Adrian Chiles Ordered To Shave by Inspector Gadget"

Dyko

• Like 3

Gillette's new advert - continuing their recent trend of reluctantly giving up your old razor - will be Adrian Chiles arriving at BBC Studios to film the One Show, with a resplendent beard in tow, only to find Roger Federer, Thierry Henry and Tiger Woods waiting for him, each brandishing a razor. Thierry and Roger shave Chiles face raw, with much lamenting from Adrian (even as he ruefully notices how smooth the shave really is), whilst Tiger stalks off looking for Christine Bleakley's dressing room. Off Tiger's sleazy smile, the tagline appears:

Gillette. Grow A Beard And We'll Shave It The Fuck Off.

...You watch. <_<

Edited by badotori
  • Like 1