Recommend some bands/songs...

Blue Rosler

• 3 weeks later...

Adam Lambert, Antony & The Johnsons, Aqua, Cyndi Lauper, Culture Club, David Bowie, Dead or Alive, Elton John, Final Fantasy, Fischerspooner, George Michael, Hercules & Love Affair, Junior Senior, Madonna, Of Montreal, Patrick Wolf, Pet Shop Boys, Rufus Wainwright, Sam Sparro, Scissor Sisters, Soft Cell, Taylor Swift, The Village People...

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Adam Lambert, Antony & The Johnsons, Aqua, Cyndi Lauper, Culture Club, David Bowie, Dead or Alive, Elton John, Final Fantasy, Fischerspooner, George Michael, Hercules & Love Affair, Junior Senior, Madonna, Of Montreal, Patrick Wolf, Pet Shop Boys, Rufus Wainwright, Sam Sparro, Scissor Sisters, Soft Cell, Taylor Swift, The Village People...

...you do realise he's not trying to groom his godson?

• Like 4

Hahahahah seriously? From Blink 182 and Gorillaz you get shit like The Village People, Taylor Swift, Cyndi Lauper, Aqua and George fucking Michael?

If these were actually similar bands I'd leave it, but it is very unfair to force your sexuality on another man. Just because he told you he likes a few things that maybe you like doesn't mean that you get to have your way with him on the first date. You have to ease him into your world first.

• Like 2

Hahahahah seriously? From Blink 182 and Gorillaz you get shit like The Village People, Taylor Swift, Cyndi Lauper, Aqua and George fucking Michael?

If these were actually similar bands I'd leave it, but it is very unfair to force your sexuality on another man. Just because he told you he likes a few things that maybe you like doesn't mean that you get to have your way with him on the first date. You have to ease him into your world first.

Wait wait, hold on one second.

The Village People are gay? This is a complete shock to me. I thought they were straight?

But on a serious note, I'd like to think that everytime I listen to the Gorillaz I think about it being a lovechild of George Michael, Aqua and Rufus Wainwright. Seriously.

Thanks for taking my drunk suggestions seriously!

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Wait wait, hold on one second.

The Village People are gay? This is a complete shock to me. I thought they were straight?

But on a serious note, I'd like to think that everytime I listen to the Gorillaz I think about it being a lovechild of George Michael, Aqua and Rufus Wainwright. Seriously.

Thanks for taking my drunk suggestions seriously!

I've read better cover story's on Page 3 of The Sun newspaper. On a sunday.

• Like 1

Thanks to Slash and fr34k for rather logical suggestions. Well thanks to RPS for at least trying but something tells me Ivan wouldn't like a CD of Aqua, Elton John & George Michael when his favourite bands are Gorillaz and Blink 182. I'm just trying to make him a birthday CD with all new songs that his mates wouldn't have listened to.

the playlist will be

YMCA

Dancing Queen

Faith

Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

Karma Chameleon

Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?

You Spin My Head Right Round Right Round When You Go Down Down When You Go Down Down

Like A Prayer

Filthy Gorgeous

In the Navy

I Want to Break Free

Bum Sex

truman Capote: the song

oh and Misery Business

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I felt this one was appropriate for my post.

I'm in a musical rut at the moment and I would like some people to recommend a couple of bands to try out. My favourite all-time band is Muse, and apart from the obvious Radiohead, I was wondering if there are any good, young bands with like free EP's out there that are reminiscent of Muse around the Showbiz era. Ideas anyone? :)

Edited by ThePhenom07

I've got to plug them because they are friends of mine,so :

Mango-Maracuja

Only three songs on their myspace(unfortunately nothing to download I think) but Muse is one of their influences and I think you could enjoy them (Y)

I've got to plug them because they are friends of mine,so :

Mango-Maracuja

Only three songs on their myspace(unfortunately nothing to download I think) but Muse is one of their influences and I think you could enjoy them (Y)

Hmm, I've given them a listen and I like everything. APART from the vocals, they seem a bit weird for my liking. But thanks for pointing them out to me and good luck to them. ;)