iDOM 2010: Input Thread

IDOL

New to 2010: (So Far)

- Chikara

- NWA New York (TWE Developmental)

- Texas Championship Wrestling (WCCW Developmental)

- Alberta Championship Wrestling (Calgary Stampede Developmental)

- Project X

- NWA: UK

- NWA international (Small European promotion)

- Federacion de Mexicano Lucha Libre

- Pro Wrestling Zero 1

- New Japan Pro Wrestling

- All Japan Pro Wrestling

As always any suggestions are both encouraged and welcome. Especially in the International and developmental scenes.

With NWA international, why not have them as a European Union promotion which uses a mix of European talent all over Europe making them a big (for Europe) touring promotion which means that you wouldn’t need as many European promotions although another side of this would be to have 3 smaller groups under this NWA:EU banner for each region (West, Central & East) each with their own key talent while sharing general talent between promotions.

In regards to Japanese promotions is one thing I do get a lot myself when I do the updates is a lot of comments to add in the death match promotions and even though this is your view it does come over like there is a need for a promotion like that for the region so many having Big Japan Pro Wrestling, Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling or a completely original group might be something to look at.

Also with Japan unless you want to keep Inoki fixed with New Japan what could be interesting is including the Inoki Genome Federation as a sort of XFC replacement, Inoki has this weird obsession of putting wrestlers up against actual fighters from K-1 and MMA so might be a promotion that started up while XFC was still running and when that group folded started making offers to their former talent brining them over to Japan.

Sticking with Japan I do think you would need a Dragon Gate/Toryumon styled promotion since from what I’ve been seeing the lighter lucha styles guys are getting popular especially in the lower groups and pretty much most of the new Japanese workers I add to the database these days tends to be young, talented juniors who would work well in such a group.

Now getting onto the UK, firstly I do think you should add in maybe 1 or 2 other promotions, you could ad din one of the UK’s oldest running promotions (1970 till now) All Star Wrestling which ran through the last big boom in British wrestling making them a logical rival to the NWA group (maybe with rivalling titles such as NWA having all NWA British titles with All Star having Real British titles). If you want to add a new promotion how about Rollerball British Wrestling run/owned by Mark Rocco (the original Black Tiger).

As for NWA UK, you already got the suggestion of Alex Shane, well I’d like to add a few more I personally think would work well in such a group.

Joel Redman

Mark Haskins

Martin Stone

Pac

Joey Hayes

Mad Man Manson (please including Manson in the data even if he isn’t with a group, he is just

)

Spud

The Kartel (Sha Samuels & Terry Frazier)

The Leaders of the New School (Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre Jr.)

Lethal Dose (Alex Cyanide & Jack Toxic)

Project Ego (Kris Travis & Martin Kirby)

Team Blossom (Hannah & Holly)

Being stuck with the dinosaurs on dial up the past couple of weeks has temporarily halted me, but I should be back up this week. Thanks for the suggestions guys, especially internationally where I am not all that experienced.

• 3 weeks later...

NWA Calgary Stampede 2010 Roster

Champions:

NWA World Tag Team Champions: "The Calgary Bulldogs," Harry Smith and TJ Wilson

NWA Canadian Heavyweight Champion: "The Rated-R Rockstar" Sexton Hardcastle

NWA British Commonwealth Champion: "The Celtic Warrior" Sheamus

NWA Canadian Women's Champion: Nattie Neidhart

NWA Canadian Tag Team Champions: "The International Currency Exchange," Ted DiBiase Jr. and Claudio Castagnolli

Main Eventers:

Chavo Guerrero Jr. [F]

"The Canadian Crippler" Chris Benoit [F]

Lance Storm [F]

Nigel McGuinness [H]

'The Rated-R Rockstar" Sexton Hardcastle [H]

"The Japanese Buzzsaw" Yoshihiro Tajiri [H]

Upper Midcarders:

Andrew "ATM" Martin [H]

Carlos Colon Jr. [F]

"The Innovator of Offense" Chris Kanyon [H]

"The Pukka One" Darren Burridge [F]

Doug Williams [H]

'The Calgary Bulldog' Harry Smith (David Hart Smith) [F]

Joe E. Legend [H]

Kimo (Rosey) [H]

O.G. Ekmo (Umaga) [H]

"The Celtic Warrior" Sheamus [H]

'The Crown Prince of Stampede' TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd) [F]

Midcarders:

"The Sicilian Shooter" Anthony Carelli (Santino Marella) [F]

Claudio Castagnolli [H]

Frankie 'The Future' Kazarian [F]

Nattie Neidhart [F]

Ted DiBiase Jr. [H]

Teddy Hart [F]

Lower Midcarders:

Gail Kim [F]

Nikki Roxx [H]

Traci Brooks [F]

Wade Barrett [F]

Openers:

Portia Perez [H]

Rain [H]

"Textbook" Tyson Dux [H]

Enhancement:

Alex Plesis [F]

Chance Beckett [F]

Managers:

Belle Lovitz [F]

Jade Chung [H]

Authority:

Bret 'Hitman' Hart

Announcers/Commentary:

Brian Pillman [F]

Don Callis [F]

Owen Hart [H]

Mike Sanders [H]

Referees:

Chad Patton [F]

Jimmy Korderea [F]

Road Agents:

Davey Boy Smith [F]

Jim Neidhart [F]

Backstage Workers:

Bruce Hart [F]

Stables:

The Calgary Bulldogs: Harry Smith, TJ Wilson, Nattie Neidhart

The International Currency Exchange: Andrew 'ATM' Martin, Ted DiBiase, Claudio Castagnoli, Jade Chung

Tag Teams:

"The Calgary Bulldogs" Harry Smith and TJ Wilson [F]

"The Island Gangstas' Ekmo and Kimo [H]

"The Filth and The Future" Teddy Hart and Frankie Kazarian [F]

"The International Currency Exchange" Ted DiBiase and Claudio Castagnolli [H]

"The Legends of The Fall" Joe E. Legend and Chris Kanyon [H]

No Nicole Matthews in Stampede, personally I'd see her connected with Stampede than Portia myself but hey I'm not the "mind" behind this one.

Why would Idol add workers that very few people have heard off, to a scenario where half the charm is the fact that it's workers everyone know's and love's in different promotions?

• Like 1

Keep in mind that Stampede also has a developmental promotion in Alberta Championship Wrestling (Where I'd planned on having Matthews), so while some workers haven't made the active roster yet, that doesn't mean they're not associated with Stampede.

EDIT: The roster size and spots are in check with what TEW is telling me that the promotions need. That way there aren't a huge number of mass releases at the start of the game. So there are limited roster spots available.

No Nicole Matthews in Stampede, personally I'd see her connected with Stampede than Portia myself but hey I'm not the "mind" behind this one.

Why would Idol add workers that very few people have heard off, to a scenario where half the charm is the fact that it's workers everyone know's and love's in different promotions?

Because somebody suggested it?

In a thread Idol created asking EWB for suggestions?

• Like 3