iDOM 2010: Input Thread

IDOL

I'm just going to come out and say it. I hate the idea of Orton taking the title from Lesnar. Hate it, hate it, hate it. You're going to go from one unstoppable mega-heel with a long reign to Randy goddamn Orton? No, no, and no. At the very least, you need a transitional reign from a babyface champion, and in a best-case scenario, the NWA needs a new hero. Jericho might be an okay guy for it leading a babyface Horsemen stable, but any scenario that describes Lesnar going down to a heel is stupid and ignores like the first six rules of wrestling booking. Either Lesnar's winning streak causes him to turn babyface (which doesn't really work for as long as he'll have been champion at this point) or Lesnar drops the title to a new babyface champion that serves as the face of the NWA in the vein of Dusty Rhodes. I just cannot fathom a scenario where Lesnar losing the title to Orton is a good idea.

I'm just going to come out and say it. I hate the idea of Orton taking the title from Lesnar. Hate it, hate it, hate it. You're going to go from one unstoppable mega-heel with a long reign to Randy goddamn Orton? No, no, and no. At the very least, you need a transitional reign from a babyface champion, and in a best-case scenario, the NWA needs a new hero. Jericho might be an okay guy for it leading a babyface Horsemen stable, but any scenario that describes Lesnar going down to a heel is stupid and ignores like the first six rules of wrestling booking. Either Lesnar's winning streak causes him to turn babyface (which doesn't really work for as long as he'll have been champion at this point) or Lesnar drops the title to a new babyface champion that serves as the face of the NWA in the vein of Dusty Rhodes. I just cannot fathom a scenario where Lesnar losing the title to Orton is a good idea.

Holy shit, I actually agree with Sousa on something. If you're going to have Orton as the champion when this mod is put out then I honestly think you need to at least use Austin as the transitional champion because Orton beating Lesnar just doesn't work in the context of '08.

• Like 1

Oh, and if we're seriously taking the economy into account, then Detroit isn't the only area that should be hurting. Nevada, to be frank, is a wreck. GLAM should be on its last throes by this point. Combine this with TWE's monopoly on the wimminz belt and I think there could be something really interesting here. I'm not sure what it is, but there's the seed of an idea.

Holy shit, I actually agree with Sousa on something.

We also agree about increased deregulation of drugs and about how hot my ass is.

Holy shit, I actually agree with Sousa on something.

We also agree about increased deregulation of drugs and about how hot my ass is.

I forgot about that part :blush:

Oh, and when did the ten year contract begin? I don't think there was a date in the data was there?

Keep in mind guys that was the timeline for 08-09. Since this is 2010, it'll be 09-10, which means that time line isn't finished yet. tongue.gif Though I agree, a babyface should take it first. I think the best choice would be Austin to win at the end of 08, then make the match with/against Austin and Orton as the rematch later on. That way, Orton is the sneaky son of a bitch that takes the gold and leaves Lesnar looking strong and Austin looking screwed.

That's why I posted the timeline - I want Orton's reign to be a bit of a flop, just to make things not so perfect. Looking back, I agree maybe Austin should take the title at Starrcade, with Orton winning it in 09. All your input is helping shape this greatly by the way, keeping it coming guys - great stuff :)

I still don't like the idea of the title going to Austin. Let's face it: this scenario is for the latter part of the Aughts decade. Austin should at the very least be slowing down. Meanwhile, the NWA will continue to be deficient in the top babyface department after having just gone through a long heel title run. Why not take a chance with somebody else?

I still don't like the idea of the title going to Austin. Let's face it: this scenario is for the latter part of the Aughts decade. Austin should at the very least be slowing down. Meanwhile, the NWA will continue to be deficient in the top babyface department after having just gone through a long heel title run. Why not take a chance with somebody else?

Except with IDOM history, Austin has really just come back after a back injury and was picking up speed at the end of 07 into 08, which is what I think it was TKZ meant about the older guys just breaking out now.

My thinking is Lesnar to Austin at Starrcade > Austin gets his token run that is a must with the way 08 was set up > Orton defeats Austin making it a short reign > Orton's reign is highly disliked and he's defeated by Jericho who becomes the top face and had been in contention since Sting handed him the torch.

Well, it definitely adds that feel of realism with what you're going for. I also wonder if you'll be including any deaths in this? It's a grim subject, but if you want to add some drama too it, taking a big name and killing him off from a top company would make the whole thing a lot more interesting. (Or, just have them leave wrestling or something >_>)

Also, I think you should feel free to bring some IRL names back. I know you like it to be different, but The Rock just feels a whole lot more natural and like the name off a star than Rocky Johnson Jr. Speaking off, I'd love for the big match at Starrcade 09 to be The Rock Vs. Randy Orton, with The Rock picking up the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

It leaves it open for the 2010 experience, because The Rock is both fun to book and above all else, nice and easy. He could work well as an extended Champion, he's proven to stay popular despite short reigns, so there's no harm in taking it off of him, and you can even turn him heel and pull out the awesome 'Hollywood Icon' persona from his last WWE run.

Also - Umaga Super Push. I'd love to see him built up as this generations Vader. He doesn't even need to win any titles, just have him tour as 'The Samoan Bulldozer' w/Armando Eeeeeeestrada!

edit: Yeah, Jericho works too. >_> I love me some Y2J.

edit: I also suppose The Rock could be worked into it too, as being groomed to take the title after Jericho. I don't know if he'd have been built up enough by this point, but I still feel it's either 2010 or 2011 he should be cemented as the top guy, before he starts really getting on in age.

EDIT #TRES: I'd really like to see the NWA United States Championship have become a big deal too. It'd be fantastic for it to be like the Intercontinental Championship in the 90's when Bulldog and Michaels were headlining with it. Used as a kind of 'Second Tier - Future Top Players' title that also tours.

EDIT FIVE: ...I also think it'd be awesome to have John Hennigan in RFP on the cusp of the Main Event. This may just be the Morrison mark in me speaking though. shifty.gif

I think it'd be slightly umm dumb to add the real life economy situation in places like Detroit and Nevada, seems a bit too far.

Okay, why?

Well surely the whole point of iDOM, is it's not realistic.

If we want realism we wouldn't be playing iDOM, we'd be playing our modern day WWE games, why add one random bit of realism in an alternative reality?

Because the realism is what makes it an enjoyable experience, because despite the fact some may love them, no one would enjoy playing a game where RFP is headlined by Chris Hero, Christopher Daniels, CM Punk, Roderick Strong & AJ Styles over Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar.

Realism adds depth. It's the same reason that it's more fun to try and book WWE 2003 with the characters you have available as opposed to hiring everyone you'd love and pushing all your favourites.

• Like 1

Sorry, i probably worded it a bit wrong.

Obviously iDOM is realistic for wrestling, but what I meant was it's not the same obviously that doesn't speak for all of it, but for the large part the wrestlers have different gimmick, names and placing in the card.

It would seem a bit weird to make the world be the same when the wrestling is different, although it would be a different approach.