iDOM 2010: Input Thread

IDOL

AA will pretty much have a whole new class of wrestlers, considering in 08 there were a number of veterans still there. Speaking of "Classes," I plan on using the Dojo system in the game and I've already included Tough Enough as the official Dojo for TWE. I'll also be using developmental promotions so Promotions like NWA: NY (TWE's Developmental Fed) will be in the game and their booking will be able to be seen. Seeing how the AI handles the results should be a great deal of fun, and the main reason I want this on TEW so bad.

I always envisioned Angle going into a year long feud with the entire Hart family in an attempt to goad Bret into 1 last match. Could be a good way to get appearences by Owen & Davey Boy too.

Also Scott Steiner can only become a world champion if he moves to ECW :shifty:

That was always my intention for a Stampede diary that I never actually got past the first couple shows. Angle spending a good six months destroying most of the top names in the company in an attempt to draw Bret into one last match. I also think Stampede needs some other solid midcarders because the ones they have are very limited in terms of skill and for a company based around technical wrestling, they seem quite lackluster. I'd suggest maybe another Brit like Nigel or someone of that nature.

I also think TWE needs some new wrestlers. For a company who in 2008 were in position to take the top spot, they really lack any substance outside of the main event. I know this is the complete opposite of the argument being made about the main event scene but outside of the main event, Planet Hollywood, Morgan and Modetsky, TWE really lacks depth.

As far as NWA champion goes, why not Jericho? Considering Sting "passed the torch" to him, it would make sense for him to get a run at the top, unless you have a reason for him not to get the top title.

As previously mentioned, ECW desperatly needs some fresh blood. I could see Punk fitting in nicely. Others I could see fitting in are Sabin and Shelly, Christopher Daniels and Monty Brown. It might be interesting to see someone from one of the big two turn up after leaving under a cloud or something. I could aslo see Kofi Kingston in ECW.

Rocky Johnson Jr definatley needs to make the jump up to a bigger promotion, World Class would be my choice, but TWE would make sense as well.

I agree that Calgary needs one or two non-canadian top level guys. Nigel makes sense, but it would also be interesting if Eddie Guerrero left mexico to join his Chavo in Canada.

I actually hadn't thought of it in the respect of destroying NWA:MC, but that would actually add a nice little story, seeing as heyman has that whole thing with sabu over Raven leaving ECW, plus as C-Mil stated (although I do think he wasn't entirley serious), if Idol is carrying the recession into the iDOM world, then it could make sense.

I could see either Motor City/Windy City (if the recession happens in the iDOM World for Detroit) being filled with younger guys like Rhett Titus, Kenny King and a few other of the younger ROH guys/School Graduates. WCW desperately needs fresh blood because by now Punk, Cabana, Hero would be moved on. Davey Richards would be one of the top guys. This also echo's somewhat for ECW.

I could see XFC being something of what Evolve is.

I'm unsure about what we could do with Florida because again, Carlito is just too good to be there at that size.

Project X could really take off and be big I think. Its what ECW was in the mid 90's but updated to today's style of wrestling, culture, etc. Looking at guys from PWG and such could help fill out the roster with good workers. Tyler Black and The Young Bucks come to mind.

How about a Cruiserweight Division for WCCW? I mean, all they got is big hoss' why not have a few smaller guys to mix it up a little bit and appeal to that big Lucha fanbase in Texas? Throw in guys like Waltman and Polaco (Who would have left Motor City, pending recession), Billy Kidman, Jimmy Yang (Sushi Cowboy), some other older cruisers and a few luchadores and you have nice little division to play with.

Also Idol, was it El Hijo Del Santo who was going to go across to WCCW because of ILA's style change? Or would FMLL be a better suit?

Samoa Joe should probably make the move to ECW I feel for a badass feud with Baldo.

2010 we should start seeing a A LOT of young talent in the upper card of companies because all the top guys in 2008, where already old and are now older.

Edited by LJC

Some two cents on the smaller promotions.

HCW and Florida, to some extent, really need to find an identity. HCW has the Samoans, for sure, but the whole "Gateway to the East" thing wasn't really all that well exploited in the original scenario. I'm not saying fill the whole thing out with Jushin Ligers and the like, but I think they need a few of the Japanese guys in there in order to warrant that title. Either that, or it could perhaps be more of a veterans promotion/breeding ground for future NWA talent. HCW has always struck me as the ideall promotion to become something like what WWE were doing with ECW, a few veterans on there to mix it up with some young guys while they find their feet.

Florida, in a number of respects has a roster which is just far too thin. You've got Carlito and then... nothing really. Like HCW, it really needs something which gives it an identity, a reason why worker X is in Florida rather than, say, WCW or ECW or XWF.

Yeah. Hawaii seems like a place where older guys would like to 'retire' and younger guys could picks things up from them while trying to figure out their own gimmicks. All the while you have a constant source of Samoan heritage guys which can come in a variety of age. Any Samoan's who wouldn't be able to crack major promotions would probably just stay at home in my estimation.

As for Florida I always figured they would stick to an old school feel with Sullivan and keep the same roster for awhile. If possible adding some more Carribean themed guys (Kofi?) would be a plus. Obviously Primo and any other Colon's floating around should make the move too.

As for the non-NWA promotions it'd be interesting to see a 'Super Indy' made up of 2 or 3 aspiring challengers to the NWa throne who might merge together. Obviously some promotions make no sense combining (AWA & CZP for example) but having saw CWU, AWA & G2W would work fine and give the new promotion a pretty solid roster instead of a bunch of weak rosters like they have now.

Have some more.

I think CM Punk should still be with WCW to some extent (take that 'some' with a pinch of salt) and mainly work for Eastern Championship Wrestling doing the gimmick he's doing now: 'Straight-Edge Saviour'. I mean, it would totally be badass in ECW because his gimmick would affect the crowd way more than it would in any other promotion (because ECW's crowd is full of alcohol drinking, drug taking people).

Super Dragon should own Project X :shifty: That is all.

As someone that loves iECW and NWA: MC, it might be an idea to start up a quick game and see who gets stolen, because that would be a good place to start with guys disappearing. I mean, I know EWR isn't a very good measure of realism, but the guys that get stolen at the start of the game are usually pretty realistic, it's usually WCCW taking the Kanyons and such.

Kanyon, Monty Brown and maybe Rob Van Dam I could definitely see moving in to a bigger spot.

Just some random half-baked ideas for it:

1- To add some semi-realism into the game: We've established there'll be a new NWA champion. With that in mind, it seems possible there'd be a big move, especially if it's seen for a rise like IRL. With that in mind:

-Brock Lesnar, off his NWA title win, gets a sweetheart deal that includes head booker position/part-ownership to become the face of XFC. Keeps the worked-shoot style going, and also helps make a mega-move to keep everything going around.

2- I agree with Hajj's idea of having a couple of the challengers combine to make one super indy, and I would go one further with that: Have one mid-level up and comer in the NWA [for some reason, I see Chris Mordetzky being good here with his past big jump] have jumped ship to be the top star of this super indy and its champion.

2a- Since something is going on with the economy and/or the super indy move, this comes in: CZP goes under, buys into the NWA, and effectively is merged with ECW. CZP's guys are basically split up as new blood for Motor City and ECW, with a couple of guys being repackaged and making their way to the low-cards of other NWA feds.

• Like 1

Let's keep the comments and criticisms pointed at the suggestions and not at those providing them. If Idol wanted anything less, he could get it from the EWR forum... which will be where this is moved if I have to put on the mod pants in this thread again.

If you think I'm joking, you vastly overestimate my tolerance level for idom.

- C

Edited by C-MIL
requested deletion of a personal comment