iDOM 2010: Input Thread

IDOL

I know it wouldn't happen; but I'd somehow love to see RVD in a top promotion - I think that'd be so much fun to play around with.

There's no reason he couldn't, it's not like he wouldn't leave NWA:MC. RVD would probably be a good choice to move up to RFP, or perhaps even Calgary. He'd make a nice addition to the main event scene in either promotion. Or possibly Memphis, which could do with someone that isn't a Lawler or Jarrett at the top >_>.

Also, three words - Steven Regal Push.

edit: Also I'm not sure how much I like Austin not being the one to take down Lesnar. I'd have liked to have seen Austin beat him in a straight match at Starrcade 08, then drop the title to Orton somewhere down the line. Would Randy be using the Legend Killer gimmick or the Pyscho one he has going on now? I'd hope he's not a face.

Orton's iDOM history is that he's trouble backstage, and spent much of 2008 in rehab for drug problems. The typical "had everything handed to him" dickhead. However after returning from rehab and cleaning up his act a bit, RFP has fully gotten behind him. He's a heel, and a dick one at that still.

The title line was supposed to represent a year long feud between Lesnar and Austin. Austin hands Lesnar his first loss, but it's by disqualification at WCCW's Pay Per View on March 22nd. Then, in a rematch at the NWA Anniversary Show, Austin is finally able to hand Lesnar his first pinfall loss and take the strap. However, Rhodes and Company the very next night have arranged for a rematch which Lesnar wins to take the title back. In order to get another shot Austin is forced to win the World War 3 Interpromotional Battle Royal - which he only co-wins when he and Orton are eliminated at the same time. Thus it sets up the three way for Starrcade in which Austin should finally be able to have his day in the sun, only for Orton to sneak away with the title. Orton's push is supposed to be a forced push to the top and not liked when by all means Starrcade should have saw the real feud ending match between Austin and Lesnar with Steve finally getting his reign.

Federación de Mexicano Lucha Libre? What has happened to Imperio De Lucha Azteca?

Also, I would think that if TWE are to bloster their ranks Rocky Johnson Jnr, Bob Sapp and Carlos Colon Jnr should be involved.

Ah yes that reminds me, ILA is still ILA. Only in 2010 the company has become a much more American/Lucha hybrid as Konnan feels that is the path to finally attain the NWA Title for ILA. FMLL is a new Mexican Promotion focused on more traditional Lucha Libre, while ILA has began to prominently feature foreigners like AJ Styles, Jack Evans, and other American Juniors.

To be honest one of the things for me that's been hard to get into iDom is that it's 2008 (now 10) and guys like The Rock and Austin are just about to break out as major players.

That's part of the beauty of it being an alternate reality though. And in the case of Austin, he was on the verge of becomming the biggest start but a car wreck took that out. That's why he's taken longer to catch on. The Rock on the other hand has stayed loyal to Hawaii, and is just breaking out.

• Like 1

Okay, I love that you're adding realistic things to piss off the people of iDOM, makes it more interesting. Would Orton be his current incarnation of his gimmick?

I also compiled this, which is just a quick list of guys I don't think deserve to be where they are due to age in the iDOMverse:

Jim Neidhart

Shane Douglas (if he's wrestling)

Brian James Armstrong

Lex Luger

Marty Jannetty

Rick Steiner

Scott Hall (even though I love him)

Abdullah The Butcher

Big Van Vader

The Rock 'n' Roll Express

Can-Am Express

The Nasty Boys

Will there be International Feds or just stick with North America?

Yeah for sure. I'm looking into having a European fed, One or two British ones, an Australian one, and probaly keeping a bit of Japan the same as real life for the most part. I'm not all that knowledgeable on these areas though so some suggestions on what rosters should look like would be a huge help.

And Idol, any news on NWA:UK would be awesome. (Y)

^^

Okay, I love that you're adding realistic things to piss off the people of iDOM, makes it more interesting. Would Orton be his current incarnation of his gimmick?

I also compiled this, which is just a quick list of guys I don't think deserve to be where they are due to age in the iDOMverse:

Jim Neidhart

Shane Douglas (if he's wrestling)

Brian James Armstrong

Lex Luger

Marty Jannetty

Rick Steiner

Scott Hall (even though I love him)

Abdullah The Butcher

Big Van Vader

The Rock 'n' Roll Express

Can-Am Express

The Nasty Boys

In BG James case, He'll always have a spot in Memphis be it an agent role or an in ring one with his family ties. I agree with most of them for the most part, and even have other plans for a lot of the bunch.

I always envisioned Angle going into a year long feud with the entire Hart family in an attempt to goad Bret into 1 last match. Could be a good way to get appearences by Owen & Davey Boy too.

Also Scott Steiner can only become a world champion if he moves to ECW :shifty:

• Like 2