The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

And they've been handing it off..to Harrison and Buckley..our backups..and they've STILL been gaining decent yardage

Michael Vick's gonna score 1 point for every million that Dan Snyder gave McNabb today.

The road to the Super Bowl is coming through Philadelphia, motherfuckers.

Not with that defense.

You tell me all the NFC teams that you realistically think have a better than 50% chance of beating the Eagles in the playoffs.

Michael Vick's gonna score 1 point for every million that Dan Snyder gave McNabb today.

Not with that defense.

You tell me all the NFC teams that you realistically think have a better than 50% chance of beating the Eagles in the playoffs.

Falcons, Saints, Giants, and Packers.

Better defenses and better playcalling/clock management in close games.

Edited by damshow

Not with that defense.

The Giants will either take out both of your QBs or give up 50 depending on the day.

Eagles beat the Falcons 31-17 all ready this year. They could have beaten the Packers if Vick had played the entire game. The Giants test will come Sunday and we'll see who has who's number.

There is no reason not to think that Philadelphia can end the regular season as the #1 team in the NFC especially if the offense can stay healthy and continue to play effective football.

---

And what a great win tonight. I even called the 88 yd td on 1st down. I'm so glad Vick is our QB right now. I called for him ever since we signed him, and last year while watching Kolb vs. Saints at the Linc I told my brother 'We will be a much better team if Vick started...'. And while Kolb has played ok this year, Vick is clearly on a level ahead of him now. Only question is, what happens after this season?

This happens every year when the Eagles blowout a subpar team. The fans get ahead of themselves and think they're going to win it all. It's a Philadelphia thing, and it doesn't necessarily pertain to just football. You just spanked a crappy Redskins team. Pull back on those reigns a little.

Not with that defense.

We beat the Falcons with our backup QB.

We came close against the Packers with our starting QB out injured. Probably would have won if not for that.

We've got the Giants next week, and I like our chances given how inconsistent they are, as naiwf pointed out.

Saints are the only team I'll come close to conceding given that they lead the league in pass defense, but they haven't faced an offense as explosive as ours is. I don't think their coverage comes close to matching the speed of the Eagles receivers.

The only team we've lost convincingly to this season has been Tennessee. If not for a few key injuries or missed plays, the Eagles could easily be 8-1 and leading their division.

Not with that defense.

We beat the Falcons with our backup QB.

We came close against the Packers with our starting QB out injured. Probably would have won if not for that.

We've got the Giants next week, and I like our chances given how inconsistent they are, as naiwf pointed out.

Saints are the only team I'll come close to conceding given that they lead the league in pass defense, but they haven't faced an offense as explosive as ours is. I don't think their coverage comes close to matching the speed of the Eagles receivers.

The only team we've lost convincingly to this season has been Tennessee. If not for a few key injuries or missed plays, the Eagles could easily be 8-1 and leading their division.

You didn't win in the Georgia Dome.

The Packers game was in Week 1. For a team as banged up as they are, I wouldn't want to stare Clay Matthews in the face during a decisive moment of a postseason game.

Giants have one of the best defenses in the NFL and one of the best offenses. Next week will be a real big game, depends if the Eagles can hold New York to under 20.

Saints are the Saints, nobody wants to play them.

I could make a case for the Ravens being 9-0 since all our losses have been on the road, in the 4th quarter, and by less than a touchdown. But I'll refrain, because I already made my point.

Haven't the Giants done terrible against teams with winning records?