The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Alright, The Super Bowl has come and gone and the New Orleans Saints have finally put an end to their Cinderella Story that they began three years ago. Have some major questions coming into the new season with a uncapped year when it comes to free agency. Many teams will be looking to make a big splash in free agency. Not to mention the draft is looming with the NFL combine coming soon. It is very apparent that this year's draft is going to have a major emphasis on defense and the defensive and offensive lines.

1. Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma

2. Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

3. Eric Berry S Tennessee

4. Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida

5. Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

That's your top five draft prospects.

1. St. Louis Ndamukong Suh

2. Detroit Gerald McCoy

3. Tampa Bay Eric Berry

4. Washington Jimmy Clausen

5. Kansas City Anthony Davis

That's your projected draft of the top five.

Discuss add your own thoughts...Here is someting to get us started.

NEW YORK -- Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers, Buffalo wide receiver Terrell Owens and New Orleans safety Darren Sharper are among 235 NFL players scheduled to become unrestricted free agents next month.

A complete list of players with at least six seasons in the league and contracts due to expire was posted Thursday by the NFL on NFLLabor.com.

Also among the players on their way to being free to sign with another club in an uncapped 2010 season, starting March 5, are Indianapolis linebacker Gary Brackett, New England nose tackle Vince Wilfork, Oakland defensive end Richard Seymour and Arizona linebacker Karlos Dansby.

Yep, plus the fact that they're saying there may be no football in 2011.

(Yeah, right. If there's not anything keeping the NFL from doing it, I bet there will be some football with scrubs, like there was in 1987 when they used replacement players for a few games.)

It's a shame about Peppers but the writing has been on the wall for over a season now. It's going to be damn near impossible for the Panthers to find someone that even comes close to being as good as Peppers has been for them.

But maybe they can use that newly freed up cap space to fill a few gaps. They should start with the one they have behind centre for starters <_<.

Just saying. Not one of Delhomme's biggest fans.

Potentially a big trade

Report: Rams and Bucs Working on Monster Trade

There are rumors swirling that the St. Louis Rams are interested in trading down from the No. 1 overall pick in the draft in order to acquire additional draft picks and veteran players.

The rumor has it that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could strike a blockbuster trade with the Rams that would enable them to take Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh with the first pick according to Chris Steuber of Scout.com.

The Rams would then get the third overall pick in the draft and quarterback Josh Johnson from Tampa.

It’s no secret that St. Louis is quarterback shopping. With the third overall pick the Rams could sign Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford or even Jimmy Clausen from Notre Dame.

Don’t rule out Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick winding up there either.

I'm in two minds on whether the Rams should make the trade if it is to go ahead. They clearly need to fill lots of holes and getting a 3rd round and a solid, young, if average QB to move down 2 spots. But on the other hand Suh is a once in a generation prospect and could the Rams live to regret the decision? Say if Suh goes on to be a Hall of Famer? I honestly think they could get more for that pick.

Bet the Bucs are regretting those entirely meaningless wins against the Saints and Seahawks! :D

Yep, plus the fact that they're saying there may be no football in 2011.

(Yeah, right. If there's not anything keeping the NFL from doing it, I bet there will be some football with scrubs, like there was in 1987 when they used replacement players for a few games.)

ESPn has been saying for months that, with the way the TV contracts are worked, the NFL will get paid for football on tv in 2011 even if there is a lockout. Its basically right now the NFL is holding all the cards..they'll get paid no matter what..the players won't. I could see them doing a lockout

Tim Tebow is changing how he holds the football and practicing 3 and 5 step drops to try and improve his chances in the draft. Somehow I don't think that will work. I'll be surprised if he lands anywhere other than Jacksonville, and absolutely stunned if a non-Florida team takes him.

Tomlinson is no longer a Charger.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4936783

About damn time. I think his days as a starter are probably behind him.

This bodes well for me. The possible landing spots for Tomlinson are Houston Indianapolis, and New England.

I Have him in a keeper league for at least two more seasons and if he goes to Houston I will be shopping him around and the same for Indy. However if he ends up in New England he will definenlty be worth hanging on to. New England's offense opens so many doors for him that the other two offenses don't. Make no mistake about it as much as I don't like them, New Engalnd's offense is still the most dangerous in the league.

I don't know where Tomlinson will end up, but I don't think it will be Houston.

He may end up on my Do Not Draft list next season, (made the mistake of joining a 16 team league at another board I'm a member of this past season; BAAAAAD idea!) depending on where he ends up. I don't think it will happen, but he's definitely ending up on that list if he goes to an NFC team....or the Raiders.

"Wha...wha...what do you mean prayer won't improve my draft stock?"

It's a shame, too. He's a good kid, but he isn't comprehending that he doesn't have what the NFL is looking for. Hopefully he'll click somewhere and do well, because he is giving it his all, but I just don't think he has it in him. To be an NFL quarterback, that is. Who knows, he may work well at another position.

He's going to end up with the Jaguars either way, so all the hype he's getting is silly. From what I've read he's a god in Florida and the Jaguars need him badly of course he will probably be more productive in the ticket office than on the field, but that's OK. I hope he does well though, I've always had a soft spot for lefty QBs due to my own girlish left armed throwing.

He's going to end up with the Jaguars either way, so all the hype he's getting is silly. From what I've read he's a god in Florida and the Jaguars need him badly of course he will probably be more productive in the ticket office than on the field, but that's OK. I hope he does well though, I've always had a soft spot for lefty QBs due to my own girlish left armed throwing.

You mean your dad didn't beat you until you threw righty like mine did? :/

Why would Jacksonville (Other than money) pick up Tebow? No way should he start ahead of Garrard or whoever their back-up is. I don't think he'll sell tickets as the 3rd string QB either. I know the Jaguars have money issues but drafting such a low projected QB and starting him to boost some ticket sales? That's just idiotic.

Why would Jacksonville (Other than money) pick up Tebow? No way should he start ahead of Garrard or whoever their back-up is. I don't think he'll sell tickets as the 3rd string QB either. I know the Jaguars have money issues but drafting such a low projected QB and starting him to boost some ticket sales? That's just idiotic.

I never said they should start him or blow a high pick on him or even play him as a Quarterback. But from what I've read Tebow is reaching God status in Florida and Jacksonville picking him with anywhere below a 2nd round pick will do them no harm. He may be projected low, but I think he could be moderatley effective in an occaisional Wildcat style spread offence. Plus Garrard is good but he's 32 and not a franchise QB and Luke McCown sucks all types of ass. Worst comes to worst, Tebow bombs, ticket sales pop for a while and they sell a ton of 'Tebow 15' jersyes, not exactly catastrophic.