The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

There is a rumor going around in philly that Joe Banner and Howie Goldman of the eagles front office are willing to listen totrade talks for Mcnabb but Reid, the vp of personel, won't do it

I would hope that no one would be quite as rash as to not even give the guy a go. Olsen's a talented kid, and one of the most popular Bears on the roster, it'd be a mistake to assume Martz wouldn't recognise his ability, just as it'd be a mistake on Martz' part to immediately write Olsen off.

It's not about his talent, it's that he doesn't fit the Martz scheme. That's why they went out and signed Manumaleuna so quickly because they know he fits into the offense, otherwise I highly doubt he was that high of a commodity to be in demand on the first day of free agency.

When Martz was with the 49ers, all Vernon Davis did was block and he was easily the best pass-catcher we had on the roster but only had 31 catches. The year before Martz got there, he had 52 catch and then last year with Martz gone, he had 78 catches. Those are pretty big differences and it's largely because of how Martz's system is.

It sucks for Olsen because he is a good pass catching TE, his blocking is just below average and that just doesn't mix with the Martz offense. Olsen knows this and that's why he wants out, otherwise I doubt he would want to leave since he is probably their most consistent pass-catcher.

Anquan Boldin & AZ's 5th round pick to Baltimore for their 3rd and 4th round picks, and he's signed a new 4-year $28 million deal.

What a shitty deal for Boldin; AZ really just didn't seem interested in negotiating a good deal at all.

Probably because they asked for way too much last year and nobody bit and with him entering the last year of his contract, their leverage decreased too. Though, the cost is lower than I thought it would be, yeah.

Well Arizona, barring a good draft (which I can not put past the organization), welcome to the middle of the road.

AZ's been knocking just about every single one of their drafts out of the park since this FO (Graves, in particular) came into power. I have no doubt we'll come away with a great crop of rookies, but they won't pay dividends until a year or two down the line, anyways, and we certainly won't magically fill every one of the holes on our roster.

* Linebacker Aaron Kampan, still recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, visited with the Jacksonville Jaguars Saturday.

* The 49ers apparently are not the only team looking at QB David Carr. The Giants would like him to return as Eli Manning’s backup, and the Browns and Cardinals have expressed interest.

* The Redskins have been relatively so far, but are still looking to make some moves. The team hosted free-agent OT Tony Pashos Friday, and will host LB Larry Foote on Monday.

Chad Ochocinco has pleaded for Terrell Owens to become his teammate. Evidently, the Bengals have listened.

Owens’ agent, Drew Rosenhaus, confirmed Friday night on SIRIUS NFL Radio that the Bengals are interested in the six-time Pro Bowl wide receiver.

“Right now, I would say that everyone knows that the Cincinnati Bengals have expressed some interest in Terrell, and they have spoken with him and myself,” Rosenhaus said. “Where we go from here, I’m not sure, but I think it’s at least a positive dialogue. … And we’ll just see how that plays out. But certainly that’s something that is a possibility. I guess that’s about the most I can say right now.”

Rosenhaus also represents Ochocinco, who hasn’t made it a secret that he wants Owens to give Cincinnati a 1-2 receiving punch. Owens is an unrestricted free agent after spending one season with the Bills, who decided not to offer him a contract.

St. Louis signs AJ Feely

Nate Burleson signs with Detroit. Detroit is beging to look like a very solid team for next year.

According to the NFL Network. Jets just traded S Kerry Rhodes to the Cardinals for a 4th round pick of this year´s draft and a 7th Round pick of next year´s draft.

On another note, where do you guys think Derrick Mason is gonna end up? Any chance the Titans make a move for him to return?

Edited by Powerhart

Eagles traded wide receiver/dead weight Reggie Brown to the Bucs for a 6th round pick in 2011. Reggie was, I think, a 2nd round pick a few years ago...they must have been desperate to get rid of him

well that and the fact that it seemed like he had the chemistry with Jeff Garcia..

they also extended Jason Avant...I like that move. He could be a solid #2 on another team and can catch almost anything