The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

This bodes well for me. The possible landing spots for Tomlinson are Houston Indianapolis, and New England.

Yeah, no.

Houston still has work to do with Slaton, and even if someone does come in and relegate him to third-down screen-pass duty (which may be about all LT would be good for now), he'll still do that much better than LT would.

Indy's never a free agent player, especially for the aging veterans, and New England already has 18 running backs on the roster who split carries. MAYBE he'd have a chance if they let Kevin Faulk walk, but it's doubtful that Tomlinson would come cheaper than Faulk, bad seasons and all.

Minnesota (if they let Chester Taylor walk, which is pretty likely right now) and New Orleans (even with their crowded backfield) are both more likely than any of those three.

As far as Tebow...if he ends up with the Faguars, they may as well just take him out back and shoot him in the head, because it'll be a lot less painful. Del Rio's starting to get close to "need to save my job" territory, and he'll play the Tebow PR card within three games rather than the three years that it may take for him to be worthwhile.

It'd be silly to take Bradford no.1, they could easily trade down to 3 and be guaranteed to pick him up there, that is of course relying on the Buccs interest in Suh and whether or not they'd be willing to take McCoy at 3, should the Rams blow a 1st on Bradford.

Why would Jacksonville (Other than money) pick up Tebow? No way should he start ahead of Garrard or whoever their back-up is. I don't think he'll sell tickets as the 3rd string QB either. I know the Jaguars have money issues but drafting such a low projected QB and starting him to boost some ticket sales? That's just idiotic.

No it isn't. Jaguars can draft him, ticket and jersey sales improve. And he can play tight end/h-back/situational QB for a few years while he works on taking snaps from under center.

As long as he's not a first-round pick the money he'll be making won't make it hard-to-swallow financially. If Tebow never turns into a QB I think he could make one hell of an H-Back. He works hard, he's a great leader, and he can run. If he has any kind of hands he could be a solid starter in the league for years.

So Santonio Holmes throws one mean hook bowling. He came into the bowling alley in town tonight. What he was doing in a small town in florida is beyond me, but he was cool as shit. Didn't get an autograph from him though. Not a big guy either...

Santonio is from Florida.

Thomas Jones will most likley be released by the Jets as they have chosen not to pick up his roster bonus.

Terrell Owens also a free agent.

I think Thomas Jones is headed to sign with San Diego. He's still a good back, and would still be with the Jets if it weren't for Shonn Greene's emergence.

TO is going to be a Bengal.

It'd be silly to take Bradford no.1, they could easily trade down to 3 and be guaranteed to pick him up there, that is of course relying on the Buccs interest in Suh and whether or not they'd be willing to take McCoy at 3, should the Rams blow a 1st on Bradford.

Why would the Bucs trade up, though? Even if McCoy and Suh go 1-2, Russell Okung and Eric Berry are sitting right there and both play positions Tampa Bay need help at.

I think the Jaguars could get far more useful players (Actual players, not merchandising tools) with their 3rd and 4th round picks than Tebow. They almost made the playoffs that year so they don't really need that many more pieces to compete.

I'd say to just wait until the 5th or 6th round to get Tebow. Also, his running is vastly overrated. He's not going to run over anyone in the NFL like he did in College (See: Senior Bowl) and yeah. I just don't see the point in wasting a relatively high draft pick for a guy who could easily be a bust when they could probably pick him up in the 5th round.

Are the Jaguars really hurting that badly for cash?

I think the Jaguars could get far more useful players (Actual players, not merchandising tools) with their 3rd and 4th round picks than Tebow. They almost made the playoffs that year so they don't really need that many more pieces to compete.

I'd say to just wait until the 5th or 6th round to get Tebow. Also, his running is vastly overrated. He's not going to run over anyone in the NFL like he did in College (See: Senior Bowl) and yeah. I just don't see the point in wasting a relatively high draft pick for a guy who could easily be a bust when they could probably pick him up in the 5th round.

They led the league in blackouts this year. It's really a big, last-ditch effort to save football in Jacksonville.

Of course, what would really save football in Jacksonville is to be a winning team. But nobody thinks that through.

I'm not saying they need to go out and use their first round pick on Tebow. But I guarantee you that even if he's a 4th or 5th round pick he would help attendance. I think he could turn out to be a solid player for years to come, probably not as a QB, but the guy's too hard of a worker to completely fall off the map.

I'm almost certain that Tebow will be off the board before the end of the second round. Some team will buy into the hype and will get paranoid about missing out.

This. I highly doubt someone will pass him over even if he isn´t a pocket passer. He might even be taken in the 1st round, the hype the Media is giving this guy will put him in a position where people are going to try to get him fastly. I´m not a Tebow fan by any means, i think he is a bit overrated but I doubt he´ll be available after the 2nd round like LNK said. The media made him too good of a prospect to be passed on.

It seems odd to me that people would think teams would ignore their own scouts because the media sucks a player off.

Exactly. In Jacksonville, the hype about the hometown hero might help sell tickets. Everywhere else, I'd expect the scouts to be looking carefully at Tebow and making their own decisions.

It seems odd to me that people would think teams would ignore their own scouts because the media sucks a player off.

Exactly. In Jacksonville, the hype about the hometown hero might help sell tickets. Everywhere else, I'd expect the scouts to be looking carefully at Tebow and making their own decisions.

You know what puts butts in seats just as well, if not better, than signing a hometown hero? WINNING. They'd be better off filling a position they need than drafting Tebow. The only way I see the Jags signing Tebow as a good idea is if they're willing to have him ride the bench/carry a clipboard for about 3 years while he learns how to play NFL style better and get some training under him or if he's converted to another position.

The fact he changed his throwing style for the 3rd (if I remember right) time in his career RIGHT BEFORE THE COMBINE should make any team wary of even considering him, unless its as a 3+ round pick. I wouldn't draft him as an owner or GM unless the team was in Florida, and even then I'd have to think about it a lot first.

I may be anti-Gators (since I'm a Vols fan), but I actually do hope Tebow doesn't turn out to be a bust, though right now I'm leaning more toward him heading in that direction than fture Hall of Famer.