The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

There's also this thing called the Draft that's on next month and Cleavland hold the 7th overall pick. Although I'm 100% sure Bradford will be gone, Clausen might be there, you never know. McCoy or even Tebow if he floats their boat, might be available with the 38th also. I wouldn't be hitting the paniic button right now if I were a Browns fan, plus it's not as if Delhomme can make things much worse, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Shaun Hill traded to the Lions for a 7th rounder in '11.

Decent backup for Stafford for a cheap price.

As a Giants fan though, the Rolle pick up is a great one for us. With Phillips coming back that's a killer safety combo to help our shitty defense from last year. Now only if we can get some LBs we'd be good for next year.

That's a good trade for both, Browns get rid of Quinn's excessive contract and Denver have competition for Neckbeard. I hope Cleavland draft a decent QB for their sake. Though I can't see Clausen or Bradford falling, so I fear for the Browns now.

Why trade Kamerion Wimbley? Wasn't he supposed to be on the verge of becoming a legit great pass rusher, or something? blah.

Neither Clausen or Bradford's going to be available at #7 overall, and the only other QBs worth a shit are Jarret Brown and Jevan Snead, but both are extremely raw prospects who don't really fit the WCO, though they do have the pure physical talent.

The #7 overall pick will be whoever the top player on the board is at the time. Might be Eric Berry, might be Jason Pierre-Paul, might be Dez Bryant, might be Earl Thomas, might be Jerry Hughes, might be Joe Haden. SHRUG. Or, since the Browns have SO many holes, Holmgren might just trade down to accumulate even more picks (there's a serious amount of depth at CB, WR, S and OLB in the 2nd round range, which should solve some of Cleveland's problems).

I don't know if I like the Quinn trade from Denver's perspective. They've given away a useful back and two (alright, fairly low) picks for a QB who, unless he shows something more than he did in Cleveland, is not going to unseat Orton as their starter.

Denver has an elite offensive line, and enough offensive weapons to make QBs look better than they really are. Brady Quinn is in no worse of a position than Neckbeard was with Chicago, this is a fine trade for them. Peyton Hillis is resourceful for a FB, but I don't think a lot of Shanahan's guys are in McDaniels's long term plans. I'd certainly part with him if I could get a potential, consistent starting QB.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

McDaniels is obviously really high on Knowshon Moreno, so clearly Hillis was somebody either he didn't have much stock in or didn't think he had a place - either way, Denver's shipping out a back who's not wanted and two low picks for a quarterback people are calling a bust because he hasn't produced...in Cleveland. Where he's been throwing to such luminaries as Braylon "Rockhands" Edwards, or Chansi Stuckey, or Josh Cribbs. Good wide receivers can make a mediocre quarterback look better than he is, we all know this, but you have to admit a bad receiving corp can make a potentially good quarterback look like shit.

In short: good deal for the Broncos.

the draft picks are essentially nothing, potential reward > loss of peyton hillis.

The potential reward is having a QB who will find success in the offense and who may surpass Kyle Orton in terms of production/lack of mistakes, the picks are just blubber to make the deal look nicer. I don't know about you, but a FB who wasn't in my plans originally for a QB who may be my starter for 5+ years? Yeah, easy decision.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

I don't really see any sort of potential in Quinn. Sure he was drafted high but his crappy numbers weren't just bad receivers, he also made terrible throws and bad decisions. I mean he could do good if Denver's O-Line is really that great, but no better than someone like Kyle Orton or any number of guys in the league. That's not to say I couldn't be completely wrong but I just don't see Quinn as anything more than a back-up (And right now a financial burden) barring a big turnaround.

I'd rather be on the Browns end of this deal to be honest.

I think Quinn will do better in Denver. Let's remember that with the Broncos he will return to the identical offense he played in College with Notre Dame. With the Browns he was under the WCO and he didn't do much with it.

EDIT:

Any news on Brandon Marshall? Is he leaving, is he staying, is he getting traded?

Edited by Powerhart

Okay, I have to say, I love how blatant you are about being a troll. Everyone sits here and runs down Brady Quinn and how much the dude blows, and you decide to become his champion. :D