The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

I think the biggest thing that people need to realize about the Tebow/Jaguars situation is that Jacksonville happens to be in an area that is dominated by college football and more specifically, the Florida Gators. So the success that the Jaguars have on the field is pretty much irrelevant because even when they do have success, they're always going to play second fiddle to the Gators.

But what if you take the most prolific college football that happens to the Florida Gator Golden Boy and put him on the NFL team that's less than an hour and a half away? It's going to increase attendance.

To be clear, I don't think that Tebow should go anywhere before the 3rd around at the earliest, but the idea behind the Jaguars drafting him to boost attendance is actually fairly sound because of the football landscape in Central/North Florida.

• Like 1

If Ndamukong Suh doesn't get drafted #1 and the Lions don't take him, every Lions fan in the state of Michigan should head to Detroit and riot.

Detroit's biggest problem last season was defense, so of course I fully expect them to draft a running back or wide receiver with their first pick.

(Soooo glad I'm not a Lions fan)

If Ndamukong Suh doesn't get drafted #1 and the Lions don't take him, every Lions fan in the state of Michigan should head to Detroit and riot.

Detroit's biggest problem last season was defense, so of course I fully expect them to draft a running back or wide receiver with their first pick.

I can't see the Lions NOT taking McCoy or Suh. That would be...Millen-esque.

Any Detroit fan that complains about the Lions taking Okung over either Suh or McCoy simply doesn't know football; the Lions are on the verge of having a very explosive, very dynamic offense, but they'll never get there if Stafford is getting nicked and hurt every other game. Riddle me this, riddle me that, I've got a hard one for you, EWBats: I describe an absence of the presence of beings, yet with space can describe the same beings' lack of absence. Backus isn't THAT terrible of an LT, but he isn't elite or a franchise-caliber protector, either. Okung looks like the real deal, and he would allow the Lions to shift Backus over to either of their guard positions, leaving only RT as a true, visible need on that line.

Also, I think the Rams are stupid for letting it slip that they're interested in a QB if they really are interested in a QB. Tampa Bay would LOVE to trade up and get either Suh or McCoy first overall, which'll net the Rams an extra third most likely, and still allow them to pick up their QB of the future (assuming the Lions don't trade down with the Seahawks or Redskins or anything).

And let me just say that I'm going to hate this upcoming free agency period. It's nothing but AZ's D getting gutted. :( (Antrel Rolle was released earlier today and is already rumored to be going to Chicago, and Dansby flew in to Miami earlier today.. don't be surprised if he has a contract in hand within an hour or two).

The whole idea of an uncapped year sounds cool, but when you look at everything involved with the CBA and stuff, it is actually kinda boring. I would expect some teams to go below the old salary floor to maximize profit.

I know the Lions will fail if we don't end up with: Suh, McCoy, Okung, or Davis. If they pick anyone other than those four, then I will burn down Ford Field myself.

Holy crap, Jared Gaither received ONLY a 1st round tender? What the hell is Ozzie smoking? If the Colts, Packers and Cards aren't on the phone with his agent right now, I'd be surprised. Poison pill time? I hope so (as a Cards fan)! And if I'm not mistaken, Marshal Yanda wasn't even tendered. What the hell is Ozzie thinking, seriously? They have one of the top, young o-lines in the business.. why let 2 of the most integrals parts of it (potentially) walk away?

Also, apparently Peppers to Bears is a done deal. Chicago is throwing A LOT of money at him, which means they're out of the Rolle sweepstakes.. leaving the Giants, Dolphins and at a distant 3rd the Cardinals as his options right now.

Karlos Dansby is flying to Miami tomorrow, though with Peppers-to-Chicago a done deal, Snyder might come calling (he was trying to get in on the Peppers sweepstakes, too). I think Dansby's only following the flow, so Washington's a logical option for him.

Jim Schwartz is currently at Kyle Vanden Bosch's house trying to recruit him. For some reason.

Dunta Robinson is rumoured to be headed to Atlanta, which if the deal goes through, should free them up to take Sean Weatherspoon in the 1st round. Nice.

Corey Williams got traded to the Lions earlier, as well.

Chester Taylor to visit Chicago tomorrow, as well.

Per Roto, it sounds like the Seahawks are in play to land Aaron Kampman.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Lavernous Coles was cut by Cincy.

Wasington Cleaned house as well with OT Samuels retiring and the cutting of:

Cornelius Griffin (DT)

Fred Smoot (CB)

Antwaan Randle El (WR)

Randy Thomas (G)

Jets cut Lito Sheppard to make room for Cromartie

Charges cut Jamal Williams

Why does Nate Burleson continue to get big contracts? This is very puzzling. The Lions gave him $25 million, $11 million guaranteed.

Burleson did have over 800 yards last season on a pretty bad Seahawks team. And really, Brandon Jones got about the same contract from the 49ers and Burleson's done more than he has. Plus he can return kicks too.

And apparently, the Bears get Chester Taylor and are extremely close to getting Peppers.

David Carr is close to a new team, visiting the 49ers today (I guess we're not high on keeping Hill anymore) and the Browns also have interest.

Panther fans rejoice. Jake Delhomme was cut today. The Jets could have the best two corners in the game with Cromartie and Revis.

HALLELUJAH!

It's about damn time.

I would hope that no one would be quite as rash as to not even give the guy a go. Olsen's a talented kid, and one of the most popular Bears on the roster, it'd be a mistake to assume Martz wouldn't recognise his ability, just as it'd be a mistake on Martz' part to immediately write Olsen off.