2010 MLS

HailtotheYo

Kerrea Gilbert to Portland

Fuck yeah ! A young, "top four" youth with EPL and CUP experience signing with MLS ? I'll take that all day long.

Re-Entry Draft Round 2 tommorrow.

While players picked up in Stage 1 were signed to predetermined salary figures, those chosen in Stage 2 will enter negotiations for a new contract. Should no agreement be reached and an offer is made, the club will hold on to the player's rights in MLS.

SOOOOO, things could be very interesting come Wednesday. This is the effective "free agency" period for the MLS. DC, Chivas, Philly pick 1/2/3. I see JPA going in one of those three spots.

re-entry stage 2

Galaxy select JPA ! Wow. So either Ronaldinho isn't coming, or LA picked up some insurance for a year. Either way ... wow.

Beckham, Donovan, Buddle, JPA ? Bowan looks good but still needs polishing and JPA could teach him quite abit in a year or so.

Didn't see that coming at all though. There were some other odd picks as well (SEA/CLB)

Curious choice by the Sounders. I imagine it's just preparing for the fact that Kasey Keller is 41 and presumably doesn't have that many years left in him or somesuch? I dunno.

Curious choice by the Sounders. I imagine it's just preparing for the fact that Kasey Keller is 41 and presumably doesn't have that many years left in him or somesuch? I dunno.

And now we've traded Seitz for a fourth-round draft pick in 2012 so I don't even know anymore.

Soooooooooo the Galaxy traded Bowen to Chivas USA for allocation money ... Huh. So it really looks like DP #3 is headed to the Galaxy but I REALLY hope it isn't JPA. At this point I don't think JPA would demand DP money (especially moving to a team with the star power of LA, BUT still leaves him a spot on the field) .... and for the betterment of MLS I hope he doesn't so that LA can still bring in a 3rd DP.

SKC has also officially stated that they are, in fact, actively seeking a second DP (Omar Bravo is the first) which has been described as "a young attacking player from either Europe or South America." The region specificity is due to the fact that they have 5 players right now that they are monitering/speaking with/scouting/etc. The big news here ? SKC has stated that if necessary they will pay a transfer fee.

^ yeah, that's the obvious reason but it makes one wonder now about the rumors of the Sounders interest in Rapid Wien's GK Helge Payer (the guy that stoned Ashley Young on the PK in '09).

That what in the what what? I swear your posts should come with an appendix. :huh:

• Like 1

^ yeah, that's the obvious reason but it makes one wonder now about the rumors of the Sounders interest in Rapid Wien's GK Helge Payer (the guy that stoned Ashley Young on the PK in '09).

That what in the what what? I swear your posts should come with an appendix. :huh:

"Stoned" is a slang word we use in American sports. It just means he stopped his shot like a wall (made of stone). He's not saying he forced Young to get stoned.

Meanwhile the Sounders have signed Erik Friberg, a Swedish midfielder. This is much more pleasing news to me than Chris Seitz's three-hour tenure as a Sounder yesterday.

"Stoned" is a slang word we use in American sports. It just means he stopped his shot like a wall (made of stone). He's not saying he forced Young to get stoned.

That's a pity. I was hoping he got angry with one of the opposition players and threw some rocks at him.

• Like 1

Not really MLS, but America still. Charlie Davies made the bench for today's Sochaux match against Bordeaux. If Davies enters the match, currently playing now, it'll be his first competitive appearance in over a year after that car accident.

As a fan of Davies, the USA team, and just as a person, this is a great and inspiring update. Charlie Davies was in great form before his accident, and I really hope he ends up being able to recover his full abilities.