2010 MLS

HailtotheYo

Wow, so TFC - DCU - Chivas are in some serious trouble.

I don't throw Dallas in just yet because they actually aren't playing badly, they're just having the "it simply isn't going into the back of the net" issue that hits every team at some point in the season. The other three are just not playing well at all.

Some very interesting dirtsheet musings going around the league right now. The biggest one at the moment is Del Piero to RBNY ... and seeing as how Juve will be in NY on May 23rd, it very well could be a precursor to the move. No WC to worry about so he'll more than likely be playing in the match ... Juventus has changes coming this summer so he/the club very well could opt out of the last year of his deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

MLS CUP FINAL !!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

:shifty:

Seriously though I'm excited for the match. Cummings, Shea, FERRAIRA !

Also, KC has rebranded:

Sporting KC They're apparently looking into Rugby/Lacrosse as well.

Oh, and if you haven't seen the stadium they're building ... you need to check it out.

That was such shit.

Dallas out played the ever living shit out of Colorado. And FUCK YOU CONOR CASEY .... Matt Pickens was the fucking MVP. Three great saves in the last two minutes of stoppage time at the end of extra time to keep it from penalties and give them the cup.

However Ferraira :wub:

Guest Emoctoberingy

It's terrible how no one watched the finals. Lowest since the 90s. Ouch. I'll be honest, I didn't think it was as good as last year's play-offs but it certainly beat some of the early 00s stinkers.

I blame fickle Beckham fairweather fans!

Actually, blame Toronto Fan.

Yeah, I get it that your FO is a douche and royally fucked up with ticket prices and other issues .... but WTF ? You don't take it out on the league and the MLS Cup Final when you're hosting it. Pathetic.

And yeah .. the tv ratings didn't stand a chance ... ESPN didn't do a damned thing to promote it.

Anyhoots ... EXPANSION DRAFT ! Unprotected lists:

Available players

All I have to say is .. DAX MCCARTY ! REALLY ?! WTF DALLAS ... holy fuck I can't believe that. They also left Atiba Harris out there too. Jebus.

Other notable "availables"

Collins John

Maykel Galindo

Troy Perkins

Pablo Hernandez

Dominic Oduro

Joseph Ngwenya

Jimmy Conrad

Josh Saunders

Preston Burpo

Juan Pablo Angel

Sinisa Ubiparipovic

Robbie Findley

Cornell Glenn

Guest Emoctoberingy

It is really sad that TFC people fucked that up. Because the city of Toronto did a brilliant job advertising the thing. I've been in countries while the CL final was going on and I've never seen a game advertised as well as that. I was there two weeks ago, you couldn't walk a block without signs for the game!

And wait, Dallas made McCarthy available? Those fuckers be on crack.

DC United still have the best name, badge, uniforms, and history though. It's a damn shame about the stadium, but it's cost effective at least.

Jaime Moreno is retiring after a great career, but since I don't really follow the MLS I don't know if they'll be missing him all that much. Seeing as Allsopp and Luis Emilio are leaving too, I guess this means they'll be rebuilding their forward line. But having guys in their past like that and others such as Ryan Nelsen, Marcelo Gallardo, Fred and Eddie Pope has certainly built a great reputation and history for them.

Edited by Hornswoggle4PM

DC United still have the best name, badge, uniforms, and history though. It's a damn shame about the stadium, but it's cost effective at least.

Jaime Moreno is retiring after a great career, but since I don't really follow the MLS I don't know if they'll be missing him all that much. Seeing as Allsopp and Luis Emilio are leaving too, I guess this means they'll be rebuilding their forward line. But having guys in their past like that and others such as Ryan Nelsen, Marcelo Gallardo, Fred and Eddie Pope has certainly built a great reputation and history for them.

It's a time of transition, but in the MLS that sort of thing often only takes a year or two.

Oh, and MLS Cup Final this year stood no chance in the ratings department. Eagles vs. Giants is one of the biggest sports rivalries in America.

DC has been transitioning for a season and a half already. With Pontius/Quaranta/Najar ... and the bad ass Bill Hamid just waiting for Perkins to get taken in the Exp Draft/dropped they've got a good solid corp. Boskovic didn't have the "stats" but he's a more forward version of McCarty from Dallas. Pablo Hernandez (if neither exp team takes him) also played very well for them this year. I really couldn't believe they stunk as bad as they did because the talent level is far above their results.

Oh, and this is why Findley was left unprotected: Moving Overseas Uuuuuhhh yeah, you shit the bed at the WC and then continued sulking and shitting the bed this season here and you think the smart move is to move across the pond ? Good luck buddy, because I honestly don't think it's the right move.

Taking a good look at the EXP Available players this is who I'd definately take:

Collins John - I don't know WTF the problem with Chicago was. The McBride retirement tour royally fucked John over. He was clearly a force when he was in matches.

Anthony Wallace - Pacey young defender that is good enough to fill a hole in the midfield if needed.

GBS - If he's willing to play another year or two I'd take him in a heartbeat. Easily the most productive player in the league since he's been here. Leadership and teaching ability also invaluable.

Dax - Seriously, unless Dallas has a Geovanni lined up to bring into the midfield, WTF ? This guy is a damned good player.

Atiba Harris - Big, physical, and can play all over the midfield ... can push forward for spurts as well.

Joseph Ngwenya - Bit of a flyer taking him, but if given the opportunity to play he's damned good.

Dominic Oduro - Uh, fast as fuck. Sure he's raw with his skills but an expansion team needs something to change things up and all that. Oduro's speed can create headaches even if he can't hit Ruki's backside. Oh and he's only 25 ... so he could still develop.

Jimmy Conrad - Damn good defender with USMNT experience ? Check. Oh, and he's a scoring threat on corners ? yes please.

Josh Saunders - If not for Ricketts, this guy would be a very good starting GK. Oh, and he's from Oregon .... yeah.

Cory Gibbs - Strong defender with USMNT and experience playing abroad ? Yeah.

JPA - If he doesn't go home, I'd take him in a heartbeat. See GBS for reasoning. That, and he's easily the face of the league along with GBS/Donovan.

Siniša Ubiparipović - Guy can play all over the midfield and is very, very solid.

Chris Seitz - WTF ? Philly left BOTH of their best GKs unprotected ? I don't get it. Seitz is bigger, younger, and better. Lock him up.

Robbie Russell - Bigger defender that can run up the flank ? Yes please. He's also played the majority of his career overseas and brings some experience with him.

Cornell Glenn - When given the opportunity he's great. Very good international for T&T as well. Immediate starter.

Yeah, but I don't judge Seitz/Perkins on this year's performance. Both of them were essentially facing firing lines most of the year. I don't care who you are ... when your defense is shit, you let shots in. Hell, Onstad had a stretch where he looked like ass and couldn't stop a dribbler from a 4yr old due to the number/frequency of shots blasted at him this year.

It happens.

Aaaand Portland drafted Robbie Findley. Which is odd now that I read the thing about RSL announcing that he's going to go overseas because what, are they banking on nobody wanting him?

Well, Findley's agent apparently "cleared up" the statement of him going overseas. The stance is now "he's got offers from clubs overseas, but the MLS is an option as well" ... J-O-K-E

BUT HOLY SHIT PORTLAND ! REALLY ? You f'ng take Dax and then ship him to DC for Rodney Wallace ? UGH, I get why Wallace is good for you ... BUT you drafter Eric Brunner AND Anthony Wallace ! You've already got TWO Rodney's ? WTF ?

anyway, here's the picks:

pick by pick

Portland - Curious ... not only picking and then moving DAX, but I'm just not sure WTF you were after with this draft. Findley is easily worth the the flyer, but 6 of the 10 picks being defenders ? (Dax for Rodney makes the sixth) ... and one of them WASN'T Conrad ? You hoping to pop a couple of DP's in your midfield ?

Vancouver - Curious ... 3 ST, and two are aging, slow, and on the way out ? At least you nabbed Atiba Harris.

Well, the re-entry draft should be fun. Maybe Portland is going to make a move for JPA or GBS ... that would be bad ass.

Ok, this is retarded. After the expansion draft we've got these deals:

Chicago releases Collins John and Krol ...

Portland trades expansion pick Arturo Alvarez to RSL for a 2nd round SuperDraft pick ... and trades Anthony Wallace back to Colorado for Allocation Money

Vancouver sends expansion pick Alan Gordon back to Chivas USA along with expansion pick Alejandro Moreno for Allocation Money and an International Slot ... AND trades Sanna Nyassi (it's first round pick) to Colorado for an International Slot ... AND ships expansion draft pick O'Brian White to Seattle for Allocation Money

uh yeah, so that was pretty pointless. Jeebus.