2010 MLS

HailtotheYo

Man, and here I was like "at least Sanna isn't going to have to make too big of a move" since I had mixed feelings on the fact that we didn't put him on the protected list (on one hand he hit a hot streak that won us the US Open Cup, on the other hand, that was like two weeks out of two years).

Well, it's for the expansion draft because we have the two new clubs coming in. Our transfer system is fairly cut and dry, but with our league still being built, it's going to be run a little differently than the league over there that has had all it's teams in place for so long.

Oh America. Why must you take football and do this to it?

From what I know, based mostly on FM, is that US clubs can sign players in the European way but they can also trade players in essentially swap deals that are also common in European football.

The draft system allows players from minor leagues and colleges to move up into the MLS. The expansion draft is to allow new clubs like the 2011 expansion teams Portland and Vancouver Whitecaps to build teams. Players contracts in the MLS are owned by the MLS, not the clubs. It seems to make the playing field a lot more even and prevent the league from being dominated by a small number of clubs.

^ he's got a majority understanding.

Also, apparently Klinsmann needs a little FM understanding of the MLS. He traded away the 8th pick in the SuperDraft for fucking Sturgis. You'd figure that after all his studying of the game/league over here he'd know the importance of the SuperDraft and having a top 10 pick in it <_<

Well, FM plus reading up on it on Wiki while playing FM. :shifty:

Apparently there are rumors of Robbie Keane to the MLS, according to the guy on TV referring to an article in The Irish Sun. :shifty:

Yeah, Keane is one of about 15 "regularly linked" big names.

I wouldn't mind it at all for obvious reasons but it's really hard to determine what has any type of truth to it anymore. When Henry came over the door of who was possible literally was opened all the way.

Whitecaps partner with EA

Soooooo you take out the HDC, apparently aren't putting in KC's bad ass new stadium or the freaking amazing RBA ..... but because of your partnership with Vancouver (yeah I know EA Canada and the FIFA game is virtually produced in Vancouver blah blah) you're going to put BC Place into the game ?

Wow.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as shit that the MLS is getting this kind of recognition and inclusion. It is fantastic. But really ? Wow. I mean, Vancouver has ONE guy on the team right now (albiet it's Jay DeMerit but still). BC Place is a renovated, chopped in half old CFL stadium (that will still be shared with the Lions) and THAT is going to be your first real MLS stadium put into the game ? BLEH

It's because Vancouver Whitecaps are the former club of Bruce Grobelaar and Peter Beardsley (yes I know not the same club but meh).

This is why they are now my MLS team. :shifty:

Robbie Keane, Gallas, Sinha ..... and of course the ever present 'Dihno ... yeah the "silly" season has already started >_<

Josh Wolff and Pat Onstad had their options declined by SKC/HOU respectively ... re-entry draft is actually looking like it may have some decent pickups sitting there. Full list supposedly available at 5pm ... so like 7 :shifty:

EDIT - Wake Up MLS

Young, American, Talented, WANTS to play here ?

Wake the fuck up MLS clubs. Offer this man a job.

I'm for Torres to Philly :).

There's definitely some great talents here in the Re-Entry Draft. Angel, GBS, Conrad, and Wolff, plus some other solid MLS type players like Hedjuk, Kovalenko, Lopez, Vagenas, Serioux, Cunningham, and Stephenson. Should be interesting to see what happens. I'd love for Philly to pick up Conrad; he and Califf could hopefully make a good centre back duo.

Califf has to remember two very important things for that too happen. 1 - this isn't UFC, and 2 - how to play defense.

With the list of available players (Here) the NON selections in the expansion draft make a little more sense now. Instead of taking on the contracts, these guys are now "free" in a sense and their terms can be negotiated rather than inherited.

Were I the head of an MLS club I'm looking right at these guys:

Cunningham

Juan Pablo

GBS

Onstad

Conrad

All experienced, all with AT LEAST a good 2yrs left in the tank and all would be excellent mentors for not only the game, but for our league. Juan Pablo to DC to nurture Najar and Quaranta ? Yes please.

I'd also take a flyer on Serioux and Ngwenya.