Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

I finally found out the schedule for MLB's awards. I have no idea why they couldn't post the list before today, but then again we all know that baseball is behind the times :shifty:

Today @ 3:30 ET - AL Gold Gloves

Tomorrow - NL Gold Gloves

Nov 15th - both ROY

Nov 16th - NL Cy Young

Nov 17th - both Managers of the Year

Nov 18th - AL Cy Young

Nov 22nd - NL MVP

Nov 23rd - AL MVP

I finally found out the schedule for MLB's awards. I have no idea why they couldn't post the list before today, but then again we all know that baseball is behind the times :shifty:

Today @ 3:30 ET - AL Gold Gloves

Tomorrow - NL Gold Gloves

Nov 15th - both ROY

Nov 16th - NL Cy Young

Nov 17th - both Managers of the Year

Nov 18th - AL Cy Young

Nov 22nd - NL MVP

Nov 23rd - AL MVP

I'm pulling for a gold glove for Nick Markakis. I'm assuming Ichiro and Hunter will pick up two of the outfield gloves though <_<

Markakis definitely deserves mention in the Gold Glove discussion, much more than that guy who plays CF and somehow won the award last year despite letting more balls fly over his head than any outfielder in baseball.

And it's gonna be weird not hearing Miller & Morgan call Sunday night games from now on, they've been doing it almost as long as I've been alive.

Catcher: Joe Mauer, Twins

First base: Mark Teixeira, Yankees

Second base: Robinson Cano, Yankees

Third base: Evan Longoria, Rays

Shortstop: Derek Jeter, Yankees :lmao:

Outfield: Carl Crawford, Rays

Outfield: Ichiro Suzuki, Mariners

Outfield: Franklin Gutierrez, Mariners

Pitcher: Mark Buehrle, White Sox

Silly kids, Derek Jeter's value cannot be overstated. Just ask crazy Uncle Hal as he prepares his 3-year, 45-million dollar offer for the statistical 10th best shortstop in baseball this year. Statistically there was almost nobody better than Jeter at SS in the AL this year. Only 6 qualified shortstops were more worthy of the Gold Glove he just won for the 10th consecutive time. Of 9.

NL Rookie of the Year voting

Player Team First Second Third Points

Buster Posey SF 20 9 2 129

J. Heyward ATL 9 20 2 107

Jaime Garcia STL 1 1 16 24

Gaby Sanchez FLA 2 1 5 18

Neil Walker PIT - 1 - 3

Starlin Castro CHC - - 3 3

Ike Davis NYM - - 2 2

Jose Tabata PIT - - 1 1

J. Venters ATL - - 1 1

AL Rookie of the Year voting

Player Team First Second Third Points

Neftali Feliz TEX 20 7 1 122

A. Jackson DET 8 19 1 98

D. Valencia MIN - 1 9 12

Wade Davis TB - - 11 11

John Jaso TB - 1 - 3

B. Boesch DET - - 3 3

Brian Matusz BAL - - 3 3

I agree with both of the winners and both runners up as well. I thought that they would give it to Heyward, so I'm glad to see that I was wrong on that one. I would however like to know which douchebags didn't vote for Posey or Heyward since that type of thing seems to happen far too often.

Eh, while I don't agree with the stance, I understand the "called up at mid-season blah blah" take on the situation in regards to Posey.

That's the only thing I can see that would have people not voting for him.

However, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DUUHHHH DUH DUHNANA NUUUUUUUHHHH DUUUUUUUUUUUH DUH DUHNANANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*it took taking the Giants to their first WS Title since being in NY but a Florida State basebally player finally wins a WS ring* Ba-Dump-Ching

Who the fuck seriously thought Neil Walker deserved a ROY vote?

Dejan Kovacevic, a baseball writer out of Pittsburgh. I generally like his stuff, but that's bananas. He left Heyward off his ballot in favour of Tabata and Walker.

Also this was just confirmed: to Atlanta - Dan Uggla, to Florida - Omar Infante, Michael Dunn.

This was a real trade that happened in real life and not on easy mode on Baseball Mogul from someone playing as the Braves. Seriously.

Unreal that baseball writers actually saw the light and gave the award to the guy who was beyond obviously the best AL pitcher this year. I want to know the number of how many losses he had because his team couldn't manufacture even a run. If it was a record we'd probably know, but I'm sure it's got to be close to said record whatever it is.

Runs scored by M's in Losses (4 shutouts, 5 1's, a 2, a 3 and a 4)

Runs scored by M's in ND

He had 30 quality starts out of 34 and lost all 4 starts that didn't meet that criteria, meaning he was 13-8 with NINE no decisions in quality starts. In 9 of his 12 losses Seattle scored 1 run or less. That's sick.

While a lot of the writers aren't accepting sabermetrics, it does appear a lot of them are looking into a least some deeper stats and not factoring in the W-L as much. Well, obviously, as the past few years have been the fewest wins by winners, but my point is the writers are gradually relying on the "better" stats so-to-speak.