Your favourite sports teams/solo sports players

US Football

San Francisco 49ers

Baseball

St. Louis Cardinals (though I do have a soft spot for the Brewers, having lived in Wisconsin and their named after fucking beer)

Basketball

Los Angeles Lakers (Though predominately I'm a Kobe Bryant fan; if he were to go to a different team, they might supplant them as the favorite team)

Hockey (I don't really watch a whole lot of it but if gun to my head...)

Columbus Blue Jackets

I've never lived in one place for more than 4 years so the constant moving meant I pretty much just chose my favorite teams when I was old enough to really form my own opinion (I was a Green Bay Packers fan because my parents were until I was like 8). Though, anything in college is going to be the Wisconsin Badgers, no question.

Football:

Liverpool - my main team. I have followed them since I was 8 and my gran came back from a holiday in Spain and gave me a Liverpool shirt (I've never asked her why she bought an English club shirt and not a Spanish one).

St Johnstone - born in Perth, lived close to Perth for 30 years. Saints are my home town team and I was a season ticket holder for a number of years (it's not as if I could afford to go to Anfield every other week).

Norwich - Since I moved last year they are my local team.

Barcelona - the history, the style, the deal with UNICEF. Pure class.

Tennis: For years it was Pat Rafter. These days it's Andy Murray.

Snooker: Back in the 80's it was Cliff Thorburn. Now it's John Higgins.

For US Sport I don't really follow much, but have 2 teams I have a soft spot for thanks to EA Sports games in the 90's. The first is Phoenix Suns from NBA Live (Charles Barkley), and I remember Hakeem Olajuwon from Houston Rockets too. The other is Kansas City Chiefs from John Madden.

Countries: Finland, Slovak Republic

-- Finland due to me being Finnish, and Slovakia due to the entertaining hockey they play.

Don't count on that for long. Peter Statsny, legendary Republic/Slovak hockey player, commented during the Olympics that this is really a Golden Age for the Slovaks but might be the prelude to a long decline; their Under20 team, which is usually a good indicator of how things look for the future, has been awful in recent years, struggling to survive relegation from the top division, and their Under18 team is just as bad. Their Mens National team is getting up there in years and Statsny didn't think that there was enough enthusiasm in his country or financial support behind the team to keep it at the level it enjoyed coming out of the Soviet Union days.

Football - The Oakland Raiders, and fuck you if you don't understand.

Basketball - The greatest team in the entire world, your World Champions, the Los Angeles Lakers.

Baseball - The Los Angeles Dodgers. Sensing a theme here?

Hockey - The Los Angeles Kings. Also, fuck Anaheim.

NCAA Football/Basketball - UCLA

Soccer - I really only care about how the US National team does, to be honest.

Boxing - 'Sugar' Shane Mosley. I don't watch as much boxing as I used too, mostly because the heavyweight ranks suck.

MMA - Tito Ortiz and Randy Couture.

AUSSIE RULES

Western Bulldogs

CRICKET

Australia

Netherlands

Western Warriors

Hampshire

Kings XI Punjab, I guess

TENNIS

Australia

Lleyton Hewitt

Robin Söderling

Nikolay Davydenko

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal

Matt Ebden

SOCCER

Australia

Netherlands

Tottenham

Perth

DARTS

Simon Whitlock

Raymond van Barneveld

MMA

Brock Lesnar

Forrest Griffin

Amir Sadollah

Cheick Kongo

Diego Sanchez

Sadly I'm very limited in most of my sport. Beyond football, it's generally just a case of caring *sometimes* when England's playing, but not even all the time then (e.g. I can get into cricket for the Ashes, but find it hard to be bothered with miscellaneous test series and internationals and the like).

So instead, I'll just go with my favourite teams from various divisions...

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

CHELSEA

(Honourable mention: Aston Villa)

COCA COLA CHAMPIONSHIP

QUEENS PARK RANGERS

(Honourable mention: Crystal Palace)

COCA COLA LEAGUE 1

MILTON KEYNES DONS

(Honourable mention: Wycombe Wanderers)

COCA COLA LEAGUE 2

Erm...really struggling with any team at the moment. Oh well, Wycombe will be there next year. :shifty:

BLUE SQUARE PREMIER LEAGUE

RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS

(Honourable mention: AFC Wimbledon)

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH

BASINGSTOKE

ISTHMIAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION

KINGSTONIAN FC

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

NEW BRADWELL ST. PETER FC

That's what you get when you move house every five-odd years. A bit of geographical variety in local teams. :shifty: Except for Aston Villa of course, who I just...like.

Football:

Sheffield United; as often as supporting them makes me feel like a faithful puppy who is routinely kicked in the gut by it's owner. I like Mansfield Town to do well too, entriely because once a few years ago me and my dad found ourselves in Mansfield on a Saturday afternoom with nothing else to do, so we went and saw them get hammered 5-1.

There's a lot of Premier League teams I like a bit, including Villa, Everton and Man Utd.

Beyond that, the only other sports I really follow are tennis which doesn't have teams, and F1, which has teams that come and go each season making following one hard, plus I always follow drivers not teams anyway.

Australia whenever they are involved obviously, then Victoria.

AFL & VFL - Geelong

NRL - Storm & Maroons

Soccer - Melbourne Heart (When they start, for now Melbourne Victory), QPR, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Hearts (Scottish Premier League)

Rugby Union - Brumbies, London Irish, Italy in 6 Nations

Cricket - Deccan, Middlesex

Baseball - Florida Marlins

NBA - Charlotte Bobcats, like the Magic and Celtics too

NFL - Whoever Ben Graham plays for then Miami Dolphins

...and the underdog team in most cases

Don't follow many of these seriously, but I always try to have a team to barrack for in anything. :blush: