Your favourite sports teams/solo sports players

Most people don't JUST like one sport or ONE team so, list your favourite in each sport or league for the amusement of others.

FOOTBALL

Premiership (and overall): Tottenham.

Div 1: Gillingham.

Japan: Nagoya Grampus.

Netherlands: Ajax.

Italy: Cagliari (purely because I started my Pro Evo career there)

Countries: England, Japan, Croatia, Sweden, Iceland, Netherlands.

CRICKET

Kent (my home county)

Countries: England, South Africa, New Zealand.

CYCLING

Team-wise I like Garmin and Columbia.

Riders-wise currenly it's David Millar, Mark Cavendish, Bradley Wiggins, Lovquist, Kloden, big George Hincapie...those are the main six.

BASKETBALL

Utah Jazz (got into basketball as a teenager with Stockton and Malone. My brother liked the Bulls. We played a load of NBA Live 96 with those two teams).

US FOOTBALL

Miami Dolphins (not a big follower of the sport but most English kids my age followed either the Dolphins, Redskins or Cowboys...)

BASEBALL

Japan: Chunichi Dragons (Nagoya's home team)

US: Arizona Diamondbacks (dunno why, just the first team I watched a couple of years before they won the World Series. Never follow them now though), Seattle Mariners (Ichiro is HUUUUGE here, especially as he's from near Nagoya...)

TENNIS

Was always Ivan Lendl, then Edberg, then Ivanisevic, then Max Miryni and Greg Rusedski. Now I do like to see Andy Murray winning. Ladies - was Hingis, now Henin.

FORMULA ONE

Jenson Button. Used to love Heinz Harald Frentzen for some reason though.

RALLY

No-one now but Richard Burns was a legend.

SNOOKER

Always and forever the nugget himself Steve Davis.

DARTS

For years it's been Raymond van Barneveld.

ICE HOCKEY

Don't care, except I always cheer on Sweden in the Winter Olympics.

RUGBY UNION

Saracens. A relative of my wife plays for them. That's the only reason.

Fooball: Fulham, Dagenham and Redbridge. I also like to see Brighton to do well. Outside of UK, I've always had a soft spot for Real Madrid, Ajax and Borussia Dortmund. Countries include Ireland and Nigeria.

Cricket: Essex

Rugby League: Wigan Warriors

Rugby Union: Don't really follow club, but follow England and Ireland.

Ice Hockey: I don't follow it as much as I used to, but I've had dalliances with Calgary, Florida, Tampa Bay and Detroit for various reasons.

US Football: New Orleans Saints

Snooker: Mark Selby

Darts: You can't help liking Phil Taylor. Simon Whitlock is pretty cool also.

Horse (hell, I'm a bookie): Leg Spinner, for winning me some decent money, or Master Minded, for his win in the Champion Chase a couple of years back.

There are probably other sports where I can name you people I like, but can't think off the top of my head. Strangely enough, I was just having this conversation with someone at work, so timing couldn't be better.

FOOTBALL

English (and overall): Newcastle

Every Irish kid has an English team that they love more than any local team, most you'll find support Liverpool or United but I was given an Alan Shearer shirt when I was 5 in 1996 and it was like love at first sight. Many trips more shirts and trips to St.James' Park and it's safe to say I've become a fanatic

Local: Cork City

Countries: Republic of Ireland, anyone who's playing England or France

BASKETBALL

Orlando Magic

Not big into basketball, but from my younger days of playing NBA Live, I always chose the Magic because of their bad ass name and logo. I still check how they're doing now and then and love me some Dwight Howard.

US FOOTBALL

New York Giants

Developed a passion for the sport in my youth that I never lost and with New York being the only US City I ever visited and not really feeling the Jets, the Giants seemed like the perfect fit. Been following them religiously now for a long time.

FORMULA ONE

Fernando Alonso

Not the biggest F1 fan anymore, but Alonso was a firm favourite when I was following it back in his first stint with Renault.

DARTS

Adrian Lewis

Randomly chose one a few years back and always look out for his results now.

RUGBY UNION

Munster

Just a local thing more than anything, don't go out of my way to go to games or anything, but I'm always up for Heinekken Cup games, it's nice to have a succesful team in my reigion too.

Edited by The Cool One

Football: Liverpool and Wigan (Because i used to go to a few Wigan games with my cousins when they were in the old Division 2 and 3) Outside of England it'd probably be Inter. England because i'm English but i love to watch Spain due to the football they play, i had fun following them in the Euros. Players wise outside the teams i like the usual like Messis just out of this world, Rooney and Ronaldo (Despite playing for Man.U i can admire their talent but not them :P) just the usual good/talented players

American Football: Philadelphia Eagles (I knew someone who supported them)

Formula One: McClaren (The days of Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthard) but then followed BMW when they had Montoya and Ralf Schumacher but don't follow it as much now

Tennis: Andy Murray or anyone English

Rugby League: St.Helens (Due to being in a college full of St.Helens fans and a few Warrington fans thought i'll just like St.Helens)

MMA: GSP, BJ Penn, Kenny Florian, Anderson Silva, Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, Fedor etc etc could go on really

Soccer: Primership is Liverpool/MLS is Philadelphia Union

Football: NFL is Denver Broncos/NCAA is Notre Dame Fightin' Irish

Baseball: New York Yankees

Hockey: Pittsburgh Penguins

Basketball: NBA is Orlando Magic (though I really don't follow NBA anymore)/NCAA is North Carolina Tar Heels

Football: Sunderland (Premiership), then after that Carlisle, Workington, Kendal and Barrow

Spain - Athletic Bilbao

Italy - Fiorentina

Germany - Dortmund

France - Marseille

Tennis: Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Guillermo Coria before he retired

NFL: Washington Redskins College: Northwestern Wildcats

NHL: Montreal Canadiens

NBA: Atlanta Hawks

Cycling: Cavendish, Millar, Schleck brothers

UFC: Georges St. Pierre, Matt Hughes

Darts: James Wade

Rugby League: Warrington

Rugby Union: Non-sport anyways

• Like 1

FOOTBALL

Premiership: Arsenal

Championship: Coventry City

Div 1: Norwich/Leeds

Div 2: Darlington

Japan: Honda FC

Netherlands: PSV

Italy: Juventus

Germany: Schalke 04

Spain: Deportivo de La Coruña

MLS: Houston Dynamo

FMF: Monterray/Atlante

National: USA/Germany/Netherlands/Nigeria

BASKETBALL

College: Kentucky/Texas A&M/Florida State (Big 12 fan as well)

US FOOTBALL

Buffalo Bills

College: FSU/Texas A&M

BASEBALL

Japan: Hanshin Tigers

US: Oakland Athletics

College: FSU/Texas A&M

TENNIS

Was: Lendl/Graf

ICE HOCKEY

Avalanche/Devils

Edited by HailtotheKing

Guest Mr. Cheese Head

MLS: Toronto FC

CSL: Brantford Galaxy

Prem: Burnley, also Arsenal

International soccer: Canada, also Poland and Switzerland

NBA: Toronto Raptors

NFL: Buffalo Bills

CFL: Hamilton Tiger-Cats

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays

NHL: ...erm, let's say Colorado Avalanche, although I currently also like Buffalo, Philadelphia and Florida.

AHL: Hershey Bears

OHL: Kitchener Rangers

NLL (Lacrosse): Toronto Rock

CIS anything: Wilfrid Laurier Golden Hawks

NCAA anything: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, also pull for pretty much any school in upstate New York

Golf: Mike Weir and Stephen Ames

Tennis: Daniel Nestor

F1: I don't even know anymore, I guess I like McLaren

Other auto racing: Any Canadians in the field

MMA: Georges St. Pierre, any other Canadians, Ben Saunders, Dustin Hazelett, Shane Carwin, Forrest Griffin, Jon Jones, KJ Noons, Gilbert Melendez, Josh Koscheck, definitely forgetting some

Boxing: Steve Molitor, other Canadians, also Joe Mesi :shifty:

Other sports: Canadians or a Canadian international squad

Football: I used to be much more in to it. Now I keep track of Hull City for local reasons and Arsenal/Man United and basically every side that plays good football because of the great matches that follow. Internationally obviously there's England, with Brazil and Spain being favourites too. Can't seem to get behind Barcelona or Madrid though, while I like Inter due to old school CM.

MMA: Wanderlei Silva and Nick Diaz are probably my all-time favourites and I like a lot of the old guard like Couture and Coleman. Never was a huge fan of Ortiz or Liddell, or even Forrest Griffin. Nate Quarry, dos Santos, Jon Jones and Arlovski back in the day are all guys I like to watch too. Outside of the UFC, Marius Zaromskis is someone I try and keep up with from his UK days.

FOOTBALL

English (and overall): Manchester United, Reading

-- Began with me being a huge Beckham admirer when I was about 7 years old, but over the years United become far more important to me than any individual player. Reading I like because I really used to enjoy watching them play during their latest Premier League run - plus it's always fun to have one small "underdog" team to support.

Spanish: Real Madrid

-- I have a soft spot for Real due to my love for both Raul and Casillas, though it's hard to be on their side with that cunt Florentino Perez back on board. :/

Dutch: Feyenoord

-- My aunt lives near Rotterdam in Holland and is married to a Dutch man, so naturally they support Feyenoord. They gave me a Feyenoord shirt when I was little, so I dig them even though I don't really watch Dutch football that much.

Italian: Fiorentina, Palermo

-- Both have awesome home kits.

Countries: Finland, England, Holland

-- Since I'm a Finn myself, it's obvious that I support my own national team, but both England and Holland have always been my favourites in the World Cup and Euro competitions. England due to me being a huge fan of English football, and Holland because of my aunt and her Dutch husband. Plus they've had/still have some fantastic players, and I still remember Bergkamp's goal against Argentina from the '98 World Cup. The whole town of Spijkenisse went nuts, it was great.

ICE HOCKEY

North American: Tampa Bay Lightning, Colorado Avalanche

-- I was probably the biggest Peter Forsberg fan in Finland, so I automatically supported Colorado when I was little. Back in 2001, though, I began paying more and more attention to Tampa Bay and by the end of the year 2002, Vincent Lecavalier, Nikolai Khabibulin and Martin St. Louis were among my favourite players. Oh boy, was it sweet to see them win the Stanley Cup in '04.

Finnish: Jokerit

-- I was born in Helsinki and my dad had been a fan of Jokerit since he was a child himself, so it would've been a miracle if I hadn't become a fan myself. :P Between '98 and '06 I used to go see them live at the Hartwall Arena at least 10-15 times per season, but football has really become the one and only sport I passionately follow nowadays, so I rarely go anymore.

Countries: Finland, Slovak Republic

-- Finland due to me being Finnish, and Slovakia due to the entertaining hockey they play.

Let's see...

Baseball:

Boston Red Sox

US Football:

NFL - New England Patriots

College - Oregon State Beavers

Basketball:

NBA - New Jersey Nets (though I've stopped following in the last few years)

World Football:

English Conference - Ebbsfleet United

International - United States, England

Hockey:

AHL - Worcester Sharks (don't follow, but catch a couple games a year)

For international events I always support Scotland of course. then I support France once Scotland get knocked out.

Football - Kilmarnock are my main team. Wouldn't really say I support anyone else but I always like Roma, Marseille and Hellas Verona to do well in their respective leagues.

Rugby Union - Glasgow and Perpignan. You may have gathered that I like the south of France by now.

tennis - Andy Murray obv. Also really like Roger Federer.

F1 - Felipe Massa

Cricket - South Africa. Sometimes I support England, sometimes I don't. I was right behind them in the 2005 Ashes. Just don't really care so much anymore.

NFL - Houston and Seahawks

I've got a team/player that I look out for in most sports really. It's all very casual though apart from Scotland and Kilmarnock.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are my favourite sports team. I watch almost every game and get in to a discussion about the team almost daily.

In other sports, I lean towards the Toronto teams like the Raptors and Blue Jays. I am also a big Atlanta Braves fan when talking about Major League Baseball.

FOOTBALL

Premiership (and overall): Manchester United, my Grandfather was a big influence on me and his love for United drove me towards it as well. Now I am totally obsessed and not a day goes by without me getting into an argument about how awesome/terrible *insert new signing* is.

Bangladesh: Abahani(local team)

Spain: Deportivo La Coruna(For being unstoppable on older Championship Managers)

Italy: Fiorentina(By default considering I hate every other team)

Countries: Well Bangladesh obviously and as far as "big" teams are concerned I like England.

CRICKET

Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL(despite them being rubbish most of the time)

Countries: Bangladesh,South Africa,New Zealand...anyone playing India.

FOOTBALL

Premiership: Manchester United

Div 1: WBA

Germany: Werder Bremen

Australia: Sydney FC

Countries: Australia, New Zealand, Germany and anyone that plays those diving bastards (Italy)

CRICKET

NSW Blues

Countries: Australia and New Zealand

BASKETBALL

US: Dallas Mavericks/Orlando Magic

AU: Wollongong Hawks

US FOOTBALL

Carolina Panthers/Baltimore Ravens

BASEBALL

Colorado Rockies

NASCAR

Matt Kenseth/Marcos Ambrose/Mark Martin/Anyone who drives a Ford

FORMULA ONE

Mark Webber/Michael Schumacher

RALLY

No-one now but Richard Burns was a legend.

ICE HOCKEY

Anaheim Ducks/Colorado Avalanche

RUGBY

League: St George-Illawarra Dragons, Paramatta Eels and the NZ Warriors.

Union: NSW Waratahs

Football:

Scotland: Killie - My team, there are other teams I like, none others that I love.

England: Blackburn - My cousin started supporting them, my younger brother followed him, I just seem to have got caught up in the mess :shifty:

Spain: Valencia

Italy: Parma

F1:

Sebastian Vettel

Tennis:

Andy Murray

Golf:

Miguel Angel Jimenez/Vijay Singh

• Admin
FOOTBALL

Premiership: Tottenham (main team)

Championship: Watford (local team)

League Two: Bournemouth (go there every year, always go to Dean Court, just have a soft spot for them)

A-League: Sydney FC (current local team)

Countries: England, Spain, Australia

NFL FOOTBALL

New York Giants

TENNIS

Anyone who provides an entertaining match - Murray, Nadal, Federer, Roddick, etc. Saying that, I find women's tennis extremely boring.

FORMULA ONE

Mark Webber (and RBR)

NRL

Sydney Roosters

AFL

Sydney Swans

• Like 1