DLS vs Pip

Marsh

I'm going to see them in Brussels (Belgium) this month.

I know Keith has seen them an ungodly number of times, but has he ever travelled abroad for it??? I accept this as a moral victory.

Also on the bill is Laura Dockrill. Hadn't heard of her until now but the YouTube vids look alright.

Haven't been to see Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip since the new album came out. How is it live? Anyone got a review of their new stuff live?

Saw them a coupla weeks back, very very good gig. New stuff sounded good and threw in a lot off of Angles as well. Would have liked some spoken word too but Kate Tempest provided that instead. :)

Furthest afield I've gone is Edinburgh with ADG.

Laura Dockrill also performs under the name Dokkers MC, so you could look that up as well. She's a younger Kate Nash. Very good. Seen her a bunch. Bought her limited edition debut album a couple years ago. Good stuff. I've actually seen her headline over Scroob before, which was weird.

The Logic of Chance stuff sounds much better live than it does on the album, and the band have really progressed as live act since I first saw them. It's hard to picture them three years ago, nervous and without banter. They're so good nowadays. They're still playing Magicians Assistant for some reason, I don't get it. They're a party band and it really brings a downer onto the set. Oh well.

Dan has really found his groove on this album, and I feel surpasses Scroob on many of the tracks. Scroob pulls it back for the live shows though and the two work really well together..

Marsh, could you do me a favor? If you go near the merch stand at all, and they have any buttons/badges, could you pick me a couple up? They were like £1 in England, but I had run out of cash. I'll pay for them and postage.

Will keep an eye out for them. If you've got my number still, SMS me your Address/Postcode.

Really liked the Dockers stuff so I downloaded her audiobook on iTunes. Love it. More cyber stalking reveals she is actually an older Kate Nash.

Dan has really found his groove on this album, and I feel surpasses Scroob on many of the tracks.

I actualy thing thats realy sad. I like the lyrics but on the new album they often drown in loued electric noise that is not suporting the vocals. It´s a good album non the less, but angels worked just to perfect.

Definitely agree with K in that DLS is a lot stronger than Pip on the new album, and it feels like a lot more of a collaborative effort, while the first album definitely feels like Scroob's words came first and were married to the music later. There's just been nothing on the new album that's jumped out and grabbed me the same way that something like Tommy C or The Beat That My Heart Skipped did, and nothing as fun as Thou Shalt Always Kill.

A little gutted that I missed them when they played Jersey last year, hopefully I'll get another chance to see 'em.

I've got to disagree with Skummy on this, just had my first full listen to the CD and a couple tracks really stood out to me. Mostly "5 Minutes," "Cauliflower," and "Cowboi," but also "Inert Explosions" just because it's so damn similar to "Rappers Battle" off of Angles.

Definitely agree with K in that DLS is a lot stronger than Pip on the new album, and it feels like a lot more of a collaborative effort, while the first album definitely feels like Scroob's words came first and were married to the music later.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. With very few exceptions all of Scroobs lyrics existed in some other format, long before he began collaborating with Dan. If you get hold of Scroobs poetry album, you'll find versions of a bunch of Angles songs.

Also, oddly, none of the songs Ghost just listed would appear in my top tracks on the album. I like Great Britain, Last Train Home, The Beat and Sick Tonight, much more than anything else.