New Sigs

I think that your work could do with a bit more layering and blending of textures. Currently, it seems like you've just stuck on a cutout image onto a background. If you blend in the texture with the cutout image using 'lighten', 'screen' and etc, you'll get good results. That and you could also use gradient maps from time to time, helps the outcome of the actual graphic. Apart from that, keep it up and may I suggest reading tutorials? It helped me a great deal a couple of months after I started.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

anglesig.gif

I did some messing on gimp, I cant seem to get the words to fade like I wanted

• 2 weeks later...

Made based on my EWR game

ROTE2.jpg

crap, shoulda put the date in between the 2 bits at the bottom.

Edited by Kirkland

• 1 month later...

Really disappointed with this one.

victorioussig.jpg

Tried to base the background on the locker in this pic

victorious-make-it-shine.jpg

Edited by Kirkland

I have read some stuff for GIMP(Hence the Kurt Angle sig) but the graphics forum is a good idea,thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you using GIMP by any chance? I know I've popped in here a few times, but didn't ask...If so, I think it's time for you to make the 'switch' to Photoshop. That way you won't be limited as much. If you don't want to, fair enough, but in my own opinion you would improve greatly if you did. :)

• Like 1

I would like to see something more than the render and different brush from you. Maybe working with curves in Gimp could help the renders blend in a bit more, than just sticking completely apart from everything else. I wouldn't say you're limited because I use Gimp, and I've found some ways to use it near to the quality of Photoshop. Granted some features are missing, but maybe you can look for some scripts online to help you make that bridge between the two shorter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to make something with this pic and wanted to try something un-grungy again. Think it turned out better this time.

victoriajsig.jpg

Edited by Kirkland

• 2 weeks later...