New Sigs

Thank you much sir, I'll make sure to get round to commenting on some of the things you've posted,soon.

The John Morrison 'Ryan Shane' one is one of your better graphics, simple main cut and faded secondary is a nice technique to use, simple but looks quite good.

The hazy smoke effect looks quite nice too..

I how ever don't like what looks like teeth behind the main cut of JM and the text leaves something to be desired. I myself struggle with text, and when I first started it was just easy to get a cool looking font from dafont and throw a stroke on it... Over time I found out its appeal is lost quickly.. try some font tutorials or even a simple nice font like a 'Helvetica, or futura' and mess around with some effects such as gradients, drop shadows, satins and bevels. You might surprise yourself

• 2 weeks later...

Lydiasig.jpg

May use this as my sig here.

Edit:In case you don't know where shes from...

Edited by Kirkland

My new Efed sig.

bkthorn.jpg

Edit:Nufan, I've been trying to make my text stand out more. the best I came up with was the multiple outlines I've used in these last two

Edited by Kirkland

• 1 month later...

Umm, its really nice but I created this thread just to show my work so I won't have to keep making threads.

Umm, its really nice but I created this thread just to show my work so I won't have to keep making threads.

Like Kirk said it is really nice, but you might like to make your own thread as to not confuse the artworks

I figured as it's in relation to your sig, because you have been using the ones you create, this would be the best place to mention it.

On your current sig you have misspelled Shannon Moore as "ShanoonMoore"

Not sure how I noticed it at first but now I can't stop noticing it :unsure:

Thanks but I didn't make this one, its just a temp untill I do make an Ink Inc. one.

Edited by Kirkland

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to make a sig with Ryder and Robbie so yeah, be be warrned, I have like 4 other requests from other sites to do 1st, you might wanna post a request thread in the request forum as it'll prob get done by someone else faster.

I'm cool with a request popping up in a thread like this, but just letting you guys know there's always the Request Subforum to conduct them in. Plus, if you're up for the additional practice and workload it'd give you, Kirkland, we're always more than happy to see threads started up in there by designers looking to fulfill people's requests.

That being said: I like your work! It needs a lot of improvement, granted, to stand out on their own as designs, as right now they definitely do show their "learning the ropes" colors. That said, they remind me a lot of some of my old work when I was starting to come into my own as a designer on EWB a long time ago. You're showing a lot of potential, just never be afraid to push your boundaries and work outside your comfort zone. Try some tutorials to get some more abstract design experience in, that's what got me moving in the right direction. Whether or not you'd consider design as an eventual profession or just a small-time hobby, the fact is that it's definitely fun to create and I could see you going further with this in time and with lots of practice. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Thaks alot for the feedback, would have replied sooner but EWB and my computer had a tiff for a day or so. I'd try to some more experimenting in GIMP but as it stands now it crashes when the wind blows. ATM I have to get the idea in my head and think out every step so I can avoid the things I know will make it crash. I might be getting PS soon tho so that might help me.

• 3 weeks later...