**SPOILERS** STRIKEFORCE on CBS

IDOL

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yeah I've been watching. I was expecting a lot from Mousasi because of how quickly he demolished Babalu, but this seemed like him underachieving rather than Lawal overachieving. King Mo definitely has skills though, with more experience he could be deadly.

This fight now is the one I was looking forward to most.

Mousasi definitely looked like he was coasting the first couple of rounds (probably to get Mo to tire himself out) but never really was able to do much on his feet or on the ground. Kind of a bummer since his other fights have been pretty exciting. Did anyone catch what was being chanted while Mo was ground n pounding? I couldn't make it out at all.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

If you mean the ref's decision, I assume Yamasaki didn't realize Melendez' knee was on the ground - a shot to the head of a grounded opponent is illegal unless the hitter is also grounded.

I was referring to the whole stance in general. Didn't really seem smart unless he was using it as bait and hoping to quickly lock on a sub when his opponent went to hit him. However, judging by the hard shot he took it didn't seem like that's what was up. Never seen a fighter scoot around like a crab before.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I think that had to be what he was going for. Couldn't win on his feet, couldn't win in a normal ground battle, had to do something to throw Melendez off.

The announcers can try to blow Shields up all they want, but this fight did no favors to Strikeforce from rounds 2-5. It was the equivalent of a guy with a stiff jab and no thunder with his power shots getting knocked down in round 1 and then going on to dominate a fight from distance in boxing. Effective as can be, but boring as fuck to watch. He landed 232 shots in the fight, but they were all soft stuff.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

It was far, far more exciting than either of the other fights on this card. At least he was continually advancing his position and hitting Henderson.

How anyone can say that the main wasn't far and away the most exciting fight on the card is beyond me. Shields was actually working with his ground game, much more interesting and intriguing than the snorefests that the first two fights put on.