**SPOILERS** STRIKEFORCE on CBS

IDOL

How anyone can say that the main wasn't far and away the most exciting fight on the card is beyond me. Shields was actually working with his ground game, much more interesting and intriguing than the snorefests that the first two fights put on.

The other two fights were atrocious and boring. The ME was just boring once Hendo couldn't finish. Saying it's the most exciting fight on the card is like bragging that you beat your friend on an exam when you got a 20 out of 100 and he got a 10.

It was far, far more exciting than either of the other fights on this card. At least he was continually advancing his position and hitting Henderson.

I agree with you on this, i really enjoyed the whole fight, the transitions, grapples, the defense from Hendo but hated the fact that Shields' boxing kind of soft.

THAT was the best part of the entire show. Bwahaha.

Definitely. The feed cut right after Miller said: "Where's my rematch, buddy?" Then returned with everyone beating the crap out of each other.

Edited by Powerhart

Yeah, I think one of Shields' camp started it, then it just broke down. Stupid, stupid Miller.

Really? Stupid Miller for trying to hype a fight that we all know needs to happen again down the road? No, the fighters entering the cage/ring after fights is something we see all the time in MMA - it's nothing new. Stupid, stupid Shields' camp.

Yeah that's absolutely not Miller's fault at all. He was told to go into the cage to get hype for a rematch, he was clearly joking with Shields there and then Melendez just shoved him and the Diaz brothers got involved and other camp members too. Miller didn't throw the first punch or cause this fight to break out. It was all down to Melendez and the Diaz Brothers being stupid there.

It's not like it's the first time this happened with the Diaz brothers either. They got into a pull apart brawl with KJ Noons and his father after an EliteXC bout.

Haha, Dana White's Twitter ten minutes ago is a just ":)". Looks like he thinks this might be the end of Strikeforce on CBS too.

Miller's just says "Whoops."

Yeah that's absolutely not Miller's fault at all. He was told to go into the cage to get hype for a rematch, he was clearly joking with Shields there and then Melendez just shoved him and the Diaz brothers got involved and other camp members too. Miller didn't throw the first punch or cause this fight to break out. It was all down to Melendez and the Diaz Brothers being stupid there.

It's not like it's the first time this happened with the Diaz brothers either. They got into a pull apart brawl with KJ Noons and his father after an EliteXC bout.

That sounds so badass. Anyways, is Shields heading out or does he have one more fight in his contract?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yeah this was overall another black eye for MMA on CBS. Boring fights, way into the affiliates' time, and a brawl to end it all.

I will admit that the announcers did a good job dissuading the brawl, particularly Gus Johnson actively trying to discourage it by repeating "Gentlemen, we're on National TV".

Haha, Dana White's Twitter ten minutes ago is a just ":)". Looks like he thinks this might be the end of Strikeforce on CBS too.

Miller's just says "Whoops."

I bet Dana's smile was more because of Shields winning than anything else. He wants Shields to "stick it up Strikeforce's ass" by beating Hendo and then leaving and going to UFC. He's been talking up Shields for month, and Jake would make a great acquisition for UFC's Welterweight division (Dana doesn't want to see him fight at 185).

Yeah, I was really depressed that Hendo went out the way he did... Four rounds of being out-grappled and taking a load of punches to the face. No excuses, though. Shields is legit. Henderson is still my all time favorite fighter (or up there with Fedor), so that was hard as hell to watch.

That sounds so badass. Anyways' date=' is Shields heading out or does he have one more fight in his contract? [/quote']

I've heard that his contract runs out soon. He technically has one more fight, but his contract runs out relatively soon and due to a loophole he is able to negotiate with other organizations. It is presumed he will negotiate with UFC to join their Welterweight division. Basically, he's in a desirable position right now; he can demand an assload of cash from Strikeforce and UFC.

Edited by Master Shakespeare

From MMAJunkie.com.

The stats showed that Shields outstruck Henderson by an astounding 232-64 and netted 11 dominant positions. Unfortunately for the defending champion, he wasn't done fighting for the night just yet.

Former Strikeforce middleweight challenger Jason "Mayhem" Miller, who was victorious on the evening's preliminary card, made his way to the cage. While CBS broadcaster Gus Johnson talked with Shields, Miller piped in to ask for a rematch of their Novemner 2009 outing.

Shields' teammate, Gilbert Melendez stepped in between the two, and the champion then shoved Miller away. Nick Diaz, another teammate of Shields, jumped into the fracas, as well, and a full-fledged brawl broke out in the cage.

A disgusted Johnson implored for the fighters to halt their actions, reminding everyone in the cage that the fight was being aired on national TV. CBS was forced to cut away to a commercial while order was restored, and when the coverage was renewed, Shields apologized for his actions.

• Like 1

Master Shakespeare, you should remove that "Hendo :(" from the status update. No spoilers anywhere expect in the topics about MMA.

Ah... shit, even for a live event on a major broadcast network? My bad. How do I remove it?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Anyhow, I wonder if that "fight" was fixed? Or am I just too big a pro wrestling fan?

Edited by Master Shakespeare
  • Like 1