**SPOILERS** STRIKEFORCE on CBS

IDOL

I am sorry but the reaction of Melendez and the Diaz Bros was just wrong. Its not like Mayhem came in and was trying to "Punk Out" Shields, Mayhem came in to try and position himslef for a title shot down the line, sure he approached it wrong and admitted as much, but he shouldn't have been the target of a 4-1 beatdown, Shields' corner should have pulled Jake away and got infront of Mayhem and told him to back off, not jump and and beat the crap out of the guy, to show this lack of respect to Strikeforce, CBS, Mayhem and even bring the cloud down on Shields was the wrong move and my respect for that camp wains all the time, the way the Diaz's handle themselves is reprehensible at times, as a face of Strikeforce/UFC/MMA they have the honor of doing what they love in front of fans new and old, and what they do, be it handle the drugs situation wrong, or this, paints MMA fighters in a bad light and does no favours to anyone.

In short I am not condoning Mayhem's behaviour and he could have handled the situation better, but the Shields corner should have blamed levelled at them as well for their OTT reaction.