**SPOILERS** STRIKEFORCE on CBS

IDOL

After that fight broke out, it's going to be a tough sell for Strikeforce to be kept on the air with CBS.

It was always going to be hard for Strikeforce to stay on CBS. They get little promotion and the fights were all pretty lackluster, that fight just probably signalled the end of Strikeforce on CBS. Mayhems just being Mayhem but figures you know something could happen when the Diaz brothers are about, 4 pro fighters against 1 though kicking him when he's down is disgraceful. Supposedly according to The Underground when the camera cut, King Mo and Fabricio Werdum came into the cage and tried to confront the Diaz brothers as well. The winner of this is no doubt Dana White and the UFC.

It probably didn't help that all the title fights went to a decision as well but Dan Henderson could have made the biggest mistake of his life by joining Strikeforce, he was expected to beat a natural welterweight and lost. Hopefully the next card will be better as it looks like exciting fights throughout

Also wtf was Gus Johnson on about that sometimes these things happen in MMA? Sometimes you got a bit heated but you don't get flippin a 4 against 1 beatdown in the middle of the ring

Edited by davidmarrio

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Just to clarify something, I'm not saying Hendo/Shields was a great fight by any stretch of the imagination. It was above-average compared to anything we've seen lately (we're in the middle of a terrible rut of low-excitement cards), but below-average for a fight overall. But to say that they're the two who didn't deliver when they had to is ridiculous...it's just that we were all so tired of seeing long fights after the first two. If King Mo had been able to put Mousasi away in the second and Aoki had pulled off a masterful submission in the first, none of you would be saying Shields and Henderson didn't deliver.

• Like 1

Legit boring, and can't finish people >_>

The same was said about Couture once upon a time...

Oh and Master Shakespeare, it maybe major network tv in the US but in the UK we don't get the fights until tonight, unless you're a professional pirate. So spoilers are a big no no :). I didn't see yours today though so no worries.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Courtesy Meltzer:

The overnight ratings for last night's Strikeforce saw the 9-11 regular airing of Strikeforce do a 1.0 rating in adults 18-49 and 2.63 million viewers. Completely bombed.

Yikes.

Legit boring, and can't finish people >_>

The same was said about Couture once upon a time...

Oh and Master Shakespeare, it maybe major network tv in the US but in the UK we don't get the fights until tonight, unless you're a professional pirate. So spoilers are a big no no :). I didn't see yours today though so no worries.

Wait, we get the fights? Where and when?

So this was the first Strikeforce card I've actually checked out and after hearing a lot of good things about some of the fighters, it was quite the letdown at the end. When the most exciting fight on the card is a 4-1 Impromptu brawl then you know something is going wrong. I may have to check out some of the other fights from Aoki though because after seeing him fight Melendez, I have no idea why they were ranking him the number 2 in the world. If that was the case then there had to be a huge gap between 1 and 2.

Aoki suffered from the cage more than anything... In DREAM he is on the ground and pushed up against the ropes and gets put in the middle and has lots of room to manouver, while in Strikeforce he got put against the cage and couldn't do so much. He also suffers from the normal Japanese problem of a lack of weight cutting, Aoki would probably be better suited to the 145 division in The US, he is much smaller than Melendez in terms of muscle, and he has struggled against stronger strikers before, Cavalcante, Hansen and Sakurai have shown Aoki to have problems when somebody clocks him before....

I think the deciding factor was the lack of Aoki's magic tights <_<

Scott Coker is a tool. He is claiming that Mayhem should have seen such a result coming.

No, it should be known that you won't tolerate unsanctioned fights or attacks to take place within your company. I don't mean to sound like a 'nuthugger', but if this had happened in the UFC the fallout would ensue immediately.

Whether or not he was invited into the cage for an interview that should not have gone down like that. It's not like Coker wasn't aware he was going to be in the, the guy was cornering Hendo.

Scott Coker is a tool. He is claiming that Mayhem should have seen such a result coming.

No, it should be known that you won't tolerate unsanctioned fights or attacks to take place within your company. I don't mean to sound like a 'nuthugger', but if this had happened in the UFC the fallout would ensue immediately.

Whether or not he was invited into the cage for an interview that should not have gone down like that. It's not like Coker wasn't aware he was going to be in the, the guy was cornering Hendo.

Last night I was reading the article from MMA Junkie, and during the post-fight press conference, Coker said Strikeforce officials had no plans for him to enter the cage after Shields' fight and that as far as he knows none of it was planned or choreographed.

That's what I was alluding to without actually paraphrasing the comments. I think you just replied to my post about an article containing comments from Coker with the article that contains the comments from Coker.

Like I said though, whether or not he was invited into the ring for the purpose of the interview or not; meaning even though he was going to be in the cage because he was part of Henderson's corner (and I'm not aware of a corner that hasn't entered the cage/ring after a fight, win or lose) or if he was going to be in there for the purpose of an interview the result should have never been the brawl that went down.

Double post:

My Apology to MMA

I would like to formally apologize to CBS, Strikeforce, and all fans of mixed martial arts for my role in the events following the Strikeforce: Nashville event. In retrospect, my timing could not have been worse to ask for my rematch with Jake Sheilds, and I take full responsibility for entering the cage and setting off a chain of events that cast a dark shadow on the sport. I've been a fighter and a fan of MMA for over 12 years, and would never do anything to intentionally tarnish the sport I've given my life to. In the excitement of the moment I let my emotions run high and made a bad choice that resulted in a debacle, for that, I sincerely apologize.

Jason Mayhem Miller

http://www.mayhemmiller.com/

Directly from his website. Good stuff, perfect response.