Madden 11

sahyder1

Madden 11  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Getting the game?

Yeah, Gus is generally play by play, but I would assume they'd replace the whole booth because Gus has never worked with Collinsworth as far as I know.

The only thing better than one new announcer is two new announcers, I don't see it happening but I'd be down with that.

Someone tried to replicate what he would sound like in the game. It's 100% not Madden 11 but one can dream -

• Like 1

Im thinking about getting this as i am a fan of the Madden Series. Last one i had was 09 i skipped this years but was wondering was 10 better than 09 drastially as i know usually it's little features and a few tweaks and does from whats being said so far about 11 is this much better than 09?

Madden 10, in my opinion, was WAY better than Madden 09. It featured the most updates to the gameplay and such for the next gen platforms, and like I said earlier, is the first Madden game for 360 that I haven't traded in within a few months(I still have my copy.) Madden 11 seems like more of a add in some new features(locomotion sounds amazing), so you should experience an awesome football game.

• 3 weeks later...

They already have a deal with ESPN, I'm not sure why they don't use their presentation though. I'm just happy to have Gus. It's possible that Gus is doing every EA Sports game now. He does Strikeforce shows, NFL, and NCAA Basketball mostly. Just gotta get him on the PGA, NCAA Football, and the NBA. I'd be fine with him announcing the Bucks games, I'd probably watch them then...

Just read an interview that he won't be doing MMA, probably because he's still not very good at it. I could totally see him doing Live since he's the Knicks TV guy, but he doesn't do enough national NBA games. Someday...

Back to this game, any opinions on using the right thumb stick to lean as opposed to the highlight stick? I think its going to take some major getting used to, but it should lend itself well if implemented correctly.

• 1 month later...

I don't see anything either; for some reason EWB isn't processing it properly.

• 4 weeks later...

Soundtrack has been announced:

Original Recordings:

• AC/DC: "Thunderstruck"

• Archie Eversole: "We Ready"

• Blur: "Song 2"

• Bush: "Machinehead"

• Guns N' Roses: "Welcome to the Jungle"

• Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil' Wayne: "Let It Rock"

• Kiss: "Rock and Roll All Nite"

• Ozzy Osbourne: "Let Me Hear You Scream"

• Ozzy Osbourne: "Crazy Train"

• The Hives: "Tick Tick Boom"

• Todd Rundgren: "Bang the Drum"

• Ying Yang Twins featuring Homebwoi: "Halftime"

Cover Versions:

• Rock N Roll Part 2: (as made famous by Gary Glitter)

• We Will Rock You: (as made famous by Queen)

• Crowd Chant: (as made famous by Joe Satriani)

• Kernkraft 400: (as made famous by Zombie Nation)

Team Fight Songs:

• Chicago Bears: "Bear Down Chicago Bears"

• Detroit Lions: "Gridiron Heroes"

• Green Bay Packers: "Go Packers Go!"

• Miami Dolphins: "Miami Dolphins #1"

• Minnesota Vikings: "Skol Vikings"

• Philadelphia Eagles: "Fly Eagles Fly"

• Washington Redskins: "Hail to the Redskins"

BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS :D

Super Bowl Shuffle would've been better, mind.

What about when you get a few years into the game? Does Obama get replaced by another old white guy?

It's going to be interesting to hear the Kernkraft 400 cover, I can't imagine it even coming close to hyping me up as much as the original did.

also lol at the Obama screenshot, I see what they were trying to do and it's cool but couldn't they be doing something useful with all that time? Know what I'm saying?

Yeah, knowing they've basically admitted to not touching franchise, either online or offline has made me not quite so interested for this year's edition. I like the gameflow stuff and the be-a-pro idea will be good in a few years (because let's face it, they never get it right the first time), but Superbowl victory scenes are not important in the grand scheme of things. Especially one that could well be out of date in a few years time.

I also don't get why they haven't tried to massively revamp superstar mode if they're pushing the online co-op thing. I know they say they've got stats to show no one touches it, but that's because it's dreadful, not that it's a bad idea.

Franchise is what makes these games worth it to me and they just haven't done enough to warrant me purchasing it at launch. The gameplay is fine and tandy and they're fixing the series up but Franchise needs to progress and it isn't this year. I'll play the demo but if I'm not COMPLETELY infatuated with it then this will most likely be my first time skipping Madden in 10 years.