WWF 2004

Guest Prototype

Guest Prototype

This is my first time reading your diary, And No Mercy was a good show.

I don't know about Rey getting the title, He's above the Cruiserweight title imo, But then again, Chavo without the title could mean a push for Chavo, Which is a good thing  :thumbsup:

I don't mind Cena retaining the title, But I see JBL beating him for it possibly at the Survivor Series, Atleast JBL doesn't have the WWE title with him

Tables match was what it was, Glad to see the Dudley Boyz retaining, Though Scotty/Rikishi breaking up could suck since both men's acts are stale.

Glad to see Booker T get the win, Him with Teddy Long makes a good unity. Hopefully RVD gets a win back over Booker and gets pushed up the card.

Undertaker beating Show was good, I bet the ratings in EWR for HIAC wasn't too good though, But who cares?

Raven as the champion is a good thing, I don't know how you pushed him so I can't comment if he's been pushed right, But I hate Eddie's act so anyone would be better with the title than Eddie.

I'll definetely try to check out RAW, Oh yeah......... Give us Nash/HHH  ;)

Edit- Why WWF? Did you change the name or something?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This Monday's Raw could be subtitled "8-Man Mayhem," because thats exactly what it will be when, in the main event as announced last week, Evolution- Triple H, Randy Orton, Batista, and Ric Flair- will take on the team of Edge, Shelton Benjamin, Shawn Michaels, and Matt Hardy!

Also, the number one contender Chris Jericho will be in the house and will apparently call out the World Champion Chris Benoit.

All this, plus The Outsiders take on the New Age Outlaws, and much more on the next Raw!

Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 18, 2004

Raw kicks off with the music of Evolution hitting the arena, and all four members walking out onto the ramp. Triple H, Orton, Batista, and Flair strut out in suits and get in the ring, with Trips grabbing a mic.

Triple H: Take a look at the collection of talent before you. What you see here is the greatest group of wrestlers this business has ever seen. The most dominant force in the wrestling world today- Evolution! We do what we want, when we want, and there aint a damn thing anyone can do about it! If you don’t believe me, why don’t you ask Edge? That is, if he’s woken up yet. I told you, Edge, to stay out of my business, but you couldn’t resist could ya? You had to continue to be a thorn in Evolution’s side. Well, you saw first hand exactly what happened to people who stand in Evolution’s way, and more importantly for you, what happens when you get in my way! I left you lying a pool of your own blood right here in this ring last week, and I did it without anyone’s help. Not Evolution’s, not anyone’s. See, I think the superstars on Raw have forgotten what The Game is capable of, and Edge was a prime example. So I sent a message to him and to everyone else in the back that I am not one to screw with. I am still The Game, I am still Triple H, and if you get in my way you’ll end up just like Edge. So Edge, consider this your final warning. Don’t risk your career on trying to make a name for yourself off of me, kid. Because if you do, your career will be over before it begins! And as far as tonight goes, Edge, Shelton, Shawn Michaels, Matt Hardy, you all will feel first hand the power of Evolution. There isn’t a force on this planet great enough to stop this collective group. You all will go down with all those before who have tried to bring us down. The Game, the Nature Boy, the Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton, the animal Batista, it just doesn’t get any better than this! Tonight is an Evolution night, and just like always, at the end of the night, it will be Evolution with their arms raised and standing on top of the wrestling world.

Handicap Match

Heidenreich vs La Resistance

After having recent problems with the Frenchmen, Heidenreich asked for this handicap match tonight. Conway started off with the big man, and was dominated early. Heidenreich shoved Conway in a corner and blasted him with rights and lefts before whipping him off the ropes and connecting with a big boot. Heidenreich went for an early cover, but Grenier broke the pin with a kick to the head and then drug Heidenreich over to the corner, slid out of the ring, and flung his leg into the steel ring post. Grenier was then tagged in legally and went right to work on Heidenreich’s weakened leg. Grenier stomped at the leg and dropped a knee to Heidenreich’s quad before locking him in a figure four. Grenier tried to get Heidenreich to tap out, but Heidenreich fought the pain and, with his tall frame, reached over and broke the hold by landing a few right hands to Grenier’s head. Grenier ducked a clothesline and kicked Heidenreich in the gut before tagging in Conway. Conway and Grenier locked arms and went for a double clothesline, but Heidenreich ducked and then took both men out with a double clothesline of his own! Grenier rolled the out side as Heidenreich kicked Conway in the gut and planted him with a powerbomb. Grenier slid back in the ring, this time with the French flag in hand and took a swing at Heidenreich’s head, but the big man ducked the weapon and then drove Grenier to the mat with a chokeslam! 1..2..3. Heidenreich completely dominant there at the end to win this two on one match.

Y2J is in the Building

Our cameras now cut to the arena parking lot where a car pulls in the garage and out of the driver’s side steps Chris Jericho! The live crowd pops as Jericho grabs his bags out of the car and heads, stone faced, into the arena. It doesn’t look like Jericho took too well to the attack from Chris Benoit last week, and he will apparently call the World Champ out here tonight!

New Age Outlaws vs The Outsiders

There has been a bit of bad blood brewing between these two teams ever since the tag title tournament, when the Outsiders injured Road Dogg just a week after returning to the WWF. Road Dogg started the match off with Hall and took control early, belting him with right hands and dropping a shake, rattle, and roll knee drop to Hall’s face for a two. Road Dogg tagged in Gunn, who whipped Hall into a corner. Gunn went for a splash in the corner, but Hall moved out of the way and Gunn crashed into the buckle. Hall scooped Gunn up and took him to the mat with a fall away slam. Hall tagged in Nash, who shoved Gunn into the corner and nailed him with a few back elbows and then choked him with his boot across his throat. Nash whipped Gunn off the ropes and caught him with a big boot, but only got a two. Nash again whipped Gunn of the ropes, but Gunn ducked a clothesline and came back off with a flying forearm of his own. With both men on the mat, they each inched towards their corner. Nash tagged in Hall, but then Gunn got the hot tag to Road Dogg. Dogg nailed Hall with right hands and then took him to the mat with a haymaker. Road Dogg whipped Hall of the ropes and hit a hip toss, and then followed up with a DDT. Road Dogg was feeling it now and hooked Hall in position for the Pump Handle, but Nash slid in the ring behind Road Dogg and cracked him over the back with a chair! Billy tried to come in to help his partner, but Nash drove the end of the chair into Gunn’s gut. The Outsiders didn’t care about being disqualified and continued the beatdown of the Outlaws. Nash set Gunn up and planted him with the Jacknife powerbomb, and then Hall took Road Dogg out with the Outsider Edge! Hall and Nash then posed over the bodies of the Outlaws.

Interview with the World Champion

We then go to the interview area where Mark Lloyd has caught up with the World Champion, Chris Benoit.

Mark: I’m here with Chris Benoit, and Chris, I’m sure you saw like we all did the arrival of Chris Jericho here tonight. And rumor has it that Jericho will call you out here tonight, just one week before you defend that World Heavyweight Championship against Jericho here on Raw. Your thoughts?

Benoit: My thoughts are that I don’t give a damn about Chris Jericho. Jericho should have learned his lesson last week not to tangle with the Wolverine, but I guess he’s a slow learner. There is a reason why this World Title is draped over my shoulder, and it’s because I am simply the best. And if that chair shot to head didn’t teach Jericho that fact last week, I’ll be more than happy to school him again.

HBK Wants to Know Matt Hardy is Ready

We then cut to the locker room area where Matt Hardy is sitting in a chair lacing his boots. We hear the locker door open off camera, and as Hardy looks up, Shawn Michaels enters the frame.

Matt: Hey, what’s up Shawn? (extending his hand)

Shawn: Spare me the pleasantries for now, Matt. I just wanted to make sure you were ready for tonight.

Matt: Most definitely. This is the biggest match of my career, and more importantly, it’s my chance to prove myself to you and the rest of the Raw locker room.

Shawn: You know what, Matt, if that’s your motivation tonight, that’s fine with me. But let me make one thing perfectly clear. I can see potential in you, Matt, and in the right situation I would be more than happy to give you any advice that I can, but if I see so much as a hint of a set up tonight, I wont hesitate to kick your teeth right down your throat! You want to prove yourself, you want to take that next step, then you go out there tonight, you look me in the eye as a man and you let me know that you’re going to lay it all out on the line.

Matt: I give you my word, Shawn, that I have your back tonight.

Matt again extends his hand, but HBK just stares in Matt’s eyes.

Shawn: See you out there.

Matt stares after Shawn as Michaels leaves the locker room, and then sits back down to start to lace his boots again.

A-Train vs Jeff Hardy w/Lita

This match didn’t last long, not because either man scored a pin, but because after a few minutes into the bout there came an explosion on the stage and out stalked Kane! Kane walked to the ring and slid under the ropes. Hardy tried to attack Kane, but was met with a bog boot to the face. Kane then picked Hardy up and chokeslammed him to the mat! A-Train began to applaud Kane’s attack and started to laugh, and Kane started to laugh with him. A-Train posed for the crowd, but then Kane’s laughing stopped and his face turned to a scowl. A-Train turned around and Kane snatched him in a goozle and gave him a chokeslam as well! Kane then scooped up the mammoth and planted him with a Tombstone! Kane stood in the middle of the ring and set the ring posts ablaze as his music hit and the Big Red Machine walked back up the ramp. Kane told Steve Austin last week that the Raw superstars would feel his wrath after feeling he was screwed by Austin in his number one contender’s match two weeks ago, and he has kept that promise here tonight.

The Highlight of the Night

The music of Chris Jericho hits the arena to a nice ovation and Y2J makes his way down to the ring and his Highlight Reel set up.

Jericho: Tonight is a very special edition of the Highlight Reel, so lets get right down to business. Next week, right here on Raw, I get my shot at the World Heavyweight Championship, babay! And all my Jerichoholics can rest assured that Y2J will take than toothless wonder Chris Benoit downtown to Chinatown and back again! And speaking of Chris Benoit, that brings me to my guest tonight. You know, the Highlight Reel is such a hugely popular show that we usually have our guests booked WAY in advance, but tonight is a special occasion. Tonight, I am making an impromptu guest request. So right now I would like to invite our World Champion Chris Benoit…..to get his snaggle-toothed ass out here and have a little convo with Y2J!

Jericho doesn’t have to wait long as Benoit’s music hits and the World Champ makes his way out to the ring. Benoit enters the ring and stares face to face with Jericho.

Jericho: First Id like to thank you for appearing on my humble interview segment. It’s truly an honor to have you here. Now lets get down to a bit of business. We all saw what happened last week when you decided to run in after my match and hit me over the head with a chair. Now isn’t it true that you did that hoping, begging, pleading that I wouldn’t be able to make it to Raw tonight, or for that matter, next week when you have to defend your World Title against muah?

Benoit: Jericho, you flatter yourself. Last week I cracked a steel chair over your head because I wanted to. I felt like doing it, so I did. You see Jericho, I don’t need steel chairs to beat you. This belt right here proves that I am the best technical wrestler in the WWF, and that means that I will easily put you down on the mat next week and make you tap out. And if you think otherwise, you’ll have to prove me wrong.

Jericho: That’s exactly what I plan to do, Benoit. Next week on Raw, you can kiss that World Title goodbye, because after next week it will sitting around the sexy waist of Y2J! Everyone knows that I am the King of Bling Bling, but after next week, I’ll have the biggest piece of gold in this industry to add to my collection.

Benoit: Jericho, the fact of the matter is that I’m the World Champion and you’re not. In fact, I’ve beaten you so many times before I can hardly count them! ECW, WCW, Japan, it didn’t matter. You may be from Canada, but that’s where the similarities between us stop. On your best day, you couldn’t lace my boots, and after next week, I’ll prove once again that you are not, and never was, in my league.

Benoit and Jericho then come together, forehead to forehead, nose to nose. Jericho then actually gives a slight head butt to Benoit. Benoit backs away and nods his head, implying that he would wait until next week. Benoit turns to leave the ring, but then turns back around and lunges at Jericho. Jericho sees it coming, however, and ducks Benoit’s shot and lays into Benoit with rights of his own, knocking him down over the chairs set up in the ring. Jericho picks the World Title off the mat and then runs Benoit over with it, smashing him in the head with the belt! Benoit is out on the mat! Jericho was pumped and posed with the World Title raised above his head as his music hit to the cheers of the crowd. Could this be what we see after next week’s title match? If it is, we’ll have a new World Champion.

Edge and Shelton Get Ready

We then cut to the locker room area where we see Shelton Benjamin sliding on his kneepads. Then, in walks Edge into the locker room.

Edge: Hey Shelton. You ready man? We’re up next.

Shelton: Oh, I’m ready alright. Not only are we gonna take down Evolution tonight, but I’m gonna get me some of Randy Orton.

Edge: You know, that’s all fine and good. But I want to make something clear to you, and Shawn Michaels and Matt Hardy for that matter. Besides the fact that I don’t trust Hardy, I want you all to know that no matter what happens tonight, Triple H is mine! After what he did to me last week, he’s got something coming to him tonight.

Shelton: No doubt.

Edge: Alright then, let’s go.

Evolution vs Edge, Shelton Benjamin, Shawn Michaels, and Matt Hardy

This match was crazy. Shelton started the match off the Flair, allowing Ric to hit his signature spots. After a thumb to the eye by Flair, Triple H was tagged in and took over. Triple H wore on Benjamin and made a tag to Orton , who controlled the tempo with some uppercuts and a dropkick for a two. Benjamin reversed a whip into the ropes and caught Orton with a powerslam. Orton crawled over and tagged in Flair, but Shelton made the tag to HBK. Michaels caught Flair with a few right hands and a back drop. Michaels beat on Ric for a while before locking in an arm bar. Hardy reached over the ropes and asked for a tag, and finally HBK did so reluctantly. Hardy gave Flair a boot to the gut and continued to wear on the Nature Boy. Evolution distracted the ref in the corner, allowing Flair to hit Hardy with a low blow. Flair tagged in Batista, who worked over Hardy with blows to the back. Batista whipped Hardy into a corner and charged in, but Hardy moved out of the way and Batista crashed into the buckle. Hardy dropped Batista with a neckbreaker and then went to the middle rope and hit a leg drop for a two. Hardy tried to whip Batista into the ropes, but Batista reversed it into a huge spinebuster! Batista tagged in Triple H, who controlled the match for a while, as he and Evolution isolated Hardy in their corner. Hardy did mount a comeback and go for the Twist of Fate, but Triple H blocked it and set him up for the Pedigree. Hardy was able to block it, though, and back dropped Triple H to the mat. Hardy inched toward his corner, but Triple H grabbed him by his foot. Hardy made one last leap at his corner and tagged in Edge! Edge ran straight at Triple H, running him into a corner and whaling on him with rights. Edge whipped Trips into the ropes, kicked him in the gut, and planted him with a DDT. Edge crouched in a corner, waiting to deliver a Spear to Triple H. Trips got to his feet and Edge charged, but Triple H side stepped him. Edge was able to stop his momentum in the opposite corner, grabbing the ropes, but turned around into a boot to the gut from Triple H. Trips set Edge up for the Pedigree, but Edge powered out of it and hit Triple H with the Edgecution out of nowhere! 1..2..Orton breaks up the pin. Benjamin then flew in the ring, going after Orton, and it soon turned into an eight man brawl. The referee was all over the place trying to keep control. All eight men were on the outside, slugging it out. Shelton squared off the Orton while HBK and Batista brawled. In the end, Matt Hardy ended up in the ring with Flair. Flair blocked a kick by grabbing Hardy’s foot, but Matt countered with an enzeguri. Meanwhile, on the outside, Triple H threw Edge into the steel ring steps and started to sneak back in the ring. Hardy then grabbed Flair and hit the Twist of Fate! But before Matt could make the cover, Triple H kicked him in the gut and quickly planted him in the canvas with the Pedigree. Triple H covered Hardy and got the three count. Evolution headed back up the ramp, having got the best of their rivals this time. In the ring, Hardy lay out on the mat while HBK, Shelton, and Edge stood around the ring, frustrated and staring down the members of Evolution as Raw went off the air.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 77%

TV Rating= 5.92

Attendance= 10,012

$= 400,480

*Sylvain Grenier lost overness from his match.

*Triple H and Ric Flair were both sluggish in their match.

E-Mails

"I think I should be higher up the card."- Edge

"Id like to request a match or two with The Undertaker."- Raven

This is my first time reading a Raw in your diary, And I liked most of it. Benoit and Jericho feuding is good stuff, And I definitely like seeing The Outsiders back in the WWF of course. I didn't really like Heidenreich beating La Resistance, Since it makes them look pretty weak, But I haven't read your past Raw shows so I don't know what they've done before. Looking forward to checking out Smackdown, Especially since Raven has the gold. :thumbsup:

I, like Baby Hewey, am reading this for the first time. It's obvious that you have put a lot of work into this diary, and haven't really gotten much credit for it. In my opinion, you are doing an excellent job with this. No Mercy was an awesome show, and I loved seeing Raven come out as the champion. Hopefully he gets a good reign. Not sure I like The New Age Outlaws reforming in this diary, as I think both Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are past their prime. The Outsiders will forever be a legendary team, but I also think bringing them in may have been a bad idea. I mean, they're not exactly in their primes either. However, I am liking the Jericho-Benoit feud. Good stuff.

I'll be checking SmackDown out, and giving my opinions.

Edited by Demon

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

Coming off the heels of a stellar No Mercy, Smackdown will be live this Thursday.

At No Mercy, Eddie Guerrero told Raven that it would be over his dead body that he walked out of the pay-per-view as WWF Champion, and thats what Raven had to do in becoming the new title holder. What will both the new and former champion have to say this week?

Plus, two titles will be decided. New Cruiserweigth Champion Rey Mysterio puts the title on the line against Jamie Noble and John Cena will defend the US Title against Booker T!

All this and more on the next Smackdown!

Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 21, 2004

A New WWF Champion

Smackdown kicks off and the music of Raven hits the arena to a lot of heat, and the new WWF Champion Raven came walking out to the ring along with his Flock mates AJ and Crowbar.

Raven: Miscreants of the wrestling world, I present to you your new WWF Champion, Raven! A dark veil has fallen over Smackdown, and there is no light at the end of this tunnel. Last night, Eddie Guerrero, you said it would be over your dead body that I walked out of No Mercy with this title. Well then I guess your loved ones are preparing your eulogy, because I stand before you as the WWF Champion. No one ever thought that I would reach this point. While the Hulk Hogans, the Bill Goldbergs, the Rocks, the Steve Austins of this world were getting title after title shot, I was the only one left to wonder ‘What about me? What about Raven?’ No one cared that I was cast away time after time, because the powers that be were too afraid to give me my due because I didn’t fit their stereotypical image of a champion. But nothing could stop me from my ultimate destiny. I told Eddie Guerrero that, and I told all you people that. When a prophecy is fulfilled, it is marked as a pillar of generations to come. So as this is. (raising the WWF title) Quote the Raven, nevermore.

Not So Fast…

As Raven and the Flock prepare to leave the ring, Eddie Guerrero’s music hits to a huge pop. Eddie walks out on to the ram with a mic in hand and waits for the “Eddie, Eddie” chants to die down before speaking.

Eddie: O le lai homes! Vato loco, last night at No Mercy, we sure did go to Hell and back, but unfortunately for you, Raven, you didn’t get the job done. No esse. Because I did say it would be over my dead body that you won the WWF Title, and even though you have the belt, I’m still breathing vato! So in my mind, you have something that rightfully belongs to me, homes. And I plan on taking it back tonight!

Raven: What are you talking about, Guerrero? I’m not defending this title tonight.

Eddie: Oh, see that’s where you’re wrong, esse. Ya see, since Kurt Angle, our GM, was a little preoccupied with the Undertaker last night, after No Mercy I went straight to the Board of Directors and enacted my rematch clause. And I want that rematch tonight! So tonight, Raven, Latino Heat will run wild and I will once again be the WWF Champion.

Raven cant believe it and starts to complain to his Flock mates when Eddie brings the mic to his mouth again.

Eddie: Oh, and one more thing, homes. Just in case your little flunkies want to get involved again tonight, it aint gonna happen, esse. Because our match tonight….is a steel cage match!

Nunzio vs Rico w/Miss Jackie

After Rico interfered in Johnny Stamboli’s match last week, this match has been set up for tonight. These two actually had a pretty good match. Nunzio was knocked off his game early by Rico’s mind games, and Rico held the advantage. Rico caught Nunzio in the corner and delivered a few side kicks to the gut and then nailed Nunzio in the face with a roundhouse off the middle rope. Rico whipped Nunzio into the ropes, but Nunzio ducked a clothesline and hit Rico with a dropkick. Nunzio delivered a few upper cuts and then caught Rico with a DDT for a two. Nunzio decided to go to the top rope and attempted a double axe handle, but Rico caught him with a shot to the gut in mid air and followed up with a neckbreaker. Rico appeared to be looking to end it when Johnny Stamboli came running down to the ring and grabbed Miss Jackie! Stamboli wrapped a screaming Jackie in his arms, which caught the attention of Rico. Rico turned to help Jackie, but Nunzio quickly grabbed him and hit the Arebederchi for the win. After the bell, The Bull forced Jackie into the ring and then he and Nunzio began to lay the boots to Rico. Stamboli lifted Rico up and planted him with a powerbomb. Nuznio and Stamboli then turned their attention to Jackie, who was cowering in the corner. Jackie looked to be in a lot of trouble with Rico incapacitated, but suddenly Hardcore Holly came running down the ramp and slid into the ring. Holly caught both Nunzio and Stamboli with right hands and then took both men to the floor with a double clothesline. Holly stared down the FBI as they backed up the ramp while Jackie checked on Rico on the mat.

Cruiserweight Title Match

Rey Mysterio © vs Jamie Noble

Just four days after winning the belt, new Cruiser champ Mysterio makes his first title defense. Rey started the match off on fire, continually reversing Noble’s moves into moves of his own. Noble whipped Rey off the ropes, but Rey bounced back and turned Noble’s tilt-a-whirl into a head scissors takedown. Rey charged Noble, and Jamie thrust Rey up into the air, but Rey collected himself and caught Noble with an impressive DDT on his way down for a two count. Rey whipped Noble into the corner and then monkey flipped Noble to the mat. Rey then went up to the top rope, waiting for Noble to reach his feet. Noble staggered up and Mysterio leaped off the buckle for a cross body, but Noble caught Rey and fell to one knee, dropping Rey with a gut buster. Noble then took control of the match. Noble whipped Rey into the corner and focused on the stomach, giving Rey a few jabs into the midsection and a trio of shoulder blocks. Noble whipped Rey off the ropes, but Mysterio ducked a clothesline. Rey bounced back off the other side, but Noble met him with a boot to the gut and hit an under hook powerbomb out of nowhere! 1..2..Mysterio just kicked out. Mysterio was one count away from losing his newly won title. Noble was a bit frustrated, but stayed on the offensive. Noble dropped Rey with a body slam and went to lock on the Trailer Hitch, but Rey used his leg strength to push Noble into the corner. Rey got to his feet and charged in, but Noble moved out of the way. However, instead of crashing to the buckle, Mysterio gathered himself, leaped to the middle rope, and connected on Noble with a moonsault. Rey laid into Jamie with a few right hands, but Noble reversed a whip into the ropes. Noble threw Rey in the air, but Mysterio connected with a dropkick in mid air, sending Noble into the ropes. With Noble in position, Mysterio ran the ropes and hit the 619! Mysterio followed it up by going out to the apron and “dropping the dime” across Noble’s chest to get the three count and retain his title.

Rikishi Apologizes

We then cut to the locker room area where we see Scotty 2 Hotty preparing for his match when his partner, Rikishi, walks into the room.

Rikishi: What up Scotty?

Scotty: Hey big man, what’s happenin?

Rikishi: You ready for our match?

Scotty: You know it, man.

Rikishi: Hey bro, listen, I just wanna make sure everything is cool between us. I know last Sunday at No Mercy I was a little upset, but it was nothing personal. So I just want to make sure we’re cool and apologize for the way I acted.

Scotty: Hey man, don’t worry about it. We were caught up in a tag team title match, it was a big match, and we were both upset that we lost. That’s water under the bridge. Lets just go out tonight and do our thing like we always do and get back on the track to getting back those tag titles. (giving Rikishi a high five)

Rikishi: Solid.

Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs The Thrillseekers

An unusual pairing of two face teams in this one. Moore started off the match with Scotty. Scotty took control of the match early, matching cruiser moves with Shannon before catching him with a DDT that turned the ride in his favor. Scotty and Rikishi controlled most of the early goings, working as a team and isolating Moore in their corner. Rikishi whipped Moore hard into the corner and looked to hit with a splash, but as he charged in, London ran over and pulled Moore out of the way and Rikishi went sternum first into the buckle. Moore then hit a dropkick that took the big man to the mat. Moore inched over to his corner, and as Rikishi tagged Scotty back in, Moore made the tag to Paul London. London struck first, nailing Scotty with a few right hands before whipping him into the ropes and catching him with a spin kick. London hit Scotty with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and then landed a standing moonsault. London covered, but Rikishi broke the pin at two. Rikishi lifted London to his feet and slammed him to the mat. Meanwhile, Moore snuck up to the top rope and waited for Rikishi to turn around. Moore went for a cross body, but Rikishi caught him in mid air, hoisted him up onto his shoulders, and dropped him with a Samoan Drop. Scotty and London were still the legal men, and as London got back to his feet after Rikishi’s slam, Scotty lined him up for a super kick, but London ducked and Scotty accidentally blasted Rikishi with a kick to the mouth! Scotty then turned right around into a hurricanrana into a pinning combiantion from London. 1..2..3! London and Moore defeat Scotty and Rikishi in a bit of an upset. Moore and London celebrate in the aisle while Scotty checks on Rikishi and tries to explain what happened.

The Deadman Moves Forward

After the last match, the arena goes dark. We then hear the gong of the Undertaker, and the Phenom appears on the video screen.

Undertaker: Another chapter has been written. Those who have looked in the eyes of the dragon have met their demise, and now another blank tombstone awaits a name to be etched in. There are those in the WWF who claim to know of the depths of darkness, but there is only one true Dark Lord. The Creatures of the Night cry out for another soul. You have what they want, and for the condemned, the Reaper is calling. Soon, they will all rest…in….peace.

Angle Isnt Happy

We then cut backstage to the Kurt Angle’s GM office, where he is standing with the Big Show. Angle is pacing the room while Big Show stands still in the middle of the office.

Angle: Everything had gone the way it was planned. Everything was perfect…until No Mercy! I was this close to ridding the WWF of the Undertaker forever, and now look. He’s popping up unannounced on the video screens of my show! I served him to you on a silver platter for Christ’s sake! We beat him down, we took his former manager…

Show: Actually Kurt, if you remember, your deal with Paul Bearer didn’t exactly go as planned. By the way, how are the twins?

Angle: Shut up! I’m the GM of Smackdown, and you’ll listen to me damn it! The fact is you didn’t get the job done at No Mercy, plain and simple. As a matter of fact, you haven’t been getting the job down you entire career! You’re seven feet tall and five hundred pounds for crying out loud. You should be the most dominant force in wrestling. That’s why I brought you into my cabinet. I thought you had what it took, but I guess I was wrong. You lack integrity, you lack intensity, and you lack intelligence. And that’s something I cant stand for. Your services are no longer needed by the Angle administration. Your useless! Now what I suggest is that you get out of my office and think of how you’re going to get your career back on track. For once in your life, Show, make a meaningful impact. And I don’t mean at the buffet, either! Now get out of here.

Show looks to be holding back his rage before turning around and slowly walking out of the office, slamming the door so hard behind him that he rips the doorknob off!

Show: You want impact? Ill show you impact.

United States Title Match

John Cena © vs Booker T w/Theodore Long

Both these men had good showings at No Mercy, and Booker was rewarded for his win with this title shot. Booker took control of the match early, wearing Cena down with power blows to the head and back. Cena reversed a whip into the corner, but Booker moved out of the way of a clothesline and then picked Cena up and dropped him face first to the top buckle. Booker whipped Cena off the ropes and hit a side kick to the face, getting a two count. Booker dropped a knee to Cena’s face and continued to control the tempo for a few minutes. Booker whipped Cena off the ropes, but Book ducked his head and Cena caught him with a DDT. Both men then stumbled to their feet, with Cena blocking a right hand and landing a few of his own. Cena whipped Booker hard into the corner and hit him with an inverted atomic drop before running over him with a clothesline. Cena set Book up and then dropped the Five Knuckle Shuffle on his head and then covered him, but only got a two. Cena signaled to the crowd that it was time for the FU and picked Booker to his feet. Cena scooped Booker up into position, but Booker escaped the hold and then connected with the Bookend out of nowhere! Book with the cover. 1..2..Cena just kicks out! Booker cant believe it. Booker picks Cena to his feet and boots him in the gut before bouncing off the ropes and going for the Axe Kick. Cena avoids the move, and when Booker goes for a clothesline, Cena again ducks but Booker takes out the referee instead! Cena plants Booker with the FU and makes the cover, but theres no ref to make the count. Cena tries to revive the referee while from ringside Theodore Long slides a chair in the ring. Teddy is yelling at Book to get the weapon, and Booker rolls to his stomach and slowly inches towards the chair while Cena continues to try to wake up the ref. Booker grabs the chair and gets to his feet, sizing Cena up for a chair shot. Booker waits for the right moment, but suddenly Rob Van Dam sprints down the ramp and slides into the ring! Booker sees RVD and runs at him with the chair instead of going after Cena, but RVD ducks the chair and then nails Booker with the Van Daminator as Booker turns back around! RVD grabs the chair and slides back out of the ring. Cena looks around at what has just transpired, and simply shrugs his shoulders and covers Booker. The ref slowly makes the count. 1..2..3! Thedore Long slaps the mat in frustration on the outside while RVD holds his arms in the air on the ramp. Perhaps Van Dam has gotten a little bit of retribution for his cheap loss to Booker at No Mercy.

Sneak Attack

As Booker and Teddy cleared the ring, Cena celebrated his win with the crowd. Cena held the US title in the air when the next thing he knows he is blasted with a vicious clothesline! It’s JBL! Bradshaw, having snuck down the ramp and into the ring, then puts the boots to Cena on the mat. JBL picks Cena up to his feet, but Cena begins to fight back. Cena nails JBL with a few right hands and then scoops him up for the FU! However, JBL escapes the hold and hauls off with a kick to the lower extremities of Cena. JBL then sets Cena up and plants him with a powerbomb! Cena is laid out on the mat while JBL poses to the crowd, and yells “I told you this wasn’t over, Cena” before leaving the ring.

WWF Title Match

Cage Match

Raven © vs Eddie Guerrero

The Flock has been barred from ringside for this match. Raven tried to attack Eddie at the bell, but Eddie was the one who got the better of a slug fest and then whipped Raven off the ropes for a back body drop. Eddie pounded away at Raven in the corner, dropping Raven to his knees. Eddie was certainly fired up. Eddie went to grab Raven, but Raven grabbed Eddie’s trunks and pulled him into the buckle. Then it was Raven’s turn to lay a few right hands to Eddie, giving him a stiff chop at the end. Raven took Eddie by the head and tried to ram his head into the steel cage, but Eddie blocked it and sent Raven into the steel! Eddie then took Raven to the other side of the ring and again slammed his head into the cage. Eddie then locked Raven up and connected with the Three Amigos. Eddie then tried to escape the cage, climbing up on the cage wall. Eddie was able to get half way before Raven got to his feet and grabbed Eddie’s leg, pulling him down and crotching him on the top rope. Raven took Eddie and slammed the side of his head into the steel and grated his face across the chain links. Raven whipped Eddie into the corner and followed in with an avalanche, then following up with a bulldog out of the corner. Raven then tried to escape the cage. Raven climbed the buckles and started to climb out of the corner of the cage. Eddie reached his feet and climbed up on the buckle behind Raven. Eddie stood on the top rope and came up under Raven, propping him up on his shoulders. Eddie then fell backwards with Raven on his shoulders and both men crashed to the mat. Eddie was the first to stumble to his feet and started to make his way out of the cage. Eddie climbed the cage and reached the top! Eddie looked to be about to win the WWF title back when he glanced down at Raven on the mat. The crowd began to roar as Eddie pondered what to do. Eddie then positioned himself on top of the cage and hit a huge Frog Splash off the top of the cage! Oh my god! That took a lot out of Eddie, and both men are down. Eddie begins to stir, but Raven is still out. The crowd tries to will Eddie on. Wait a second….down the ramp walks the Big Show! What’s he doing out here? Show comes down to ringside with a crazed look in his eye and shoves down a group of referees who try to hold him back. Eddie and Raven are still laying in the ring. Big Show walks up to the cage and rips the cage door off its hinges! Good lord! Big Show stalks into the ring slowly and looks at both men. Eddie and Raven both start to get their feet with help from the ropes. Big Show looks again at both Eddie and Raven, and then lunges and grabs Eddie by the throat! Big Show takes Eddie up and plants him with a chokeslam! Show then starts to lay some heavy boots into the chest of Guerrero. During all this, Raven slinks over to the opening where the cage door used to be and slides out to the floor. Raven has retained the WWF Title! That’s almost an afterthought, however, as the Big Show continues his assault in the ring. Show takes Eddie and throws him head first into the cage, taking him from side to side several times. Eddie has started to bleed from the head now. Show then takes Eddie and nails him with a second chokeslam. Show lets out a roar, as he has left Eddie Guerrero flat on his back with a crimson mask. Show stands in the ring with that crazed look in his eyes as Smackdown comes to an end.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 77%

TV Rating= 5.37

Attendance= 10,031

$= 401,240

*Eddie Guerrero and Raven were sluggish in their match.

E-Mails

"I think I should be higher up the card."- Paul London

"That last feud went very well. It was helped me get over."- Raven

"How about booking me against Randy Orton? I think we could so some entertaining stuff."- Edge

"Mark Henry would be a great opponent for me."- Kevin Nash

Good show. However, why weren't there any ratings for the segments?

Big Show interfering in the cage match makes me think that you're setting up a three way match, and Eddie Vs Show Vs Raven doesn't sound very good to me. It just seems weird since they're all so different from eachother. Show is a seven foot monster, Eddie is a high flying latino, and Raven is a hardcore brawler.

Good Smackdown, Glad to see RVD/Booker and JBL/Cena continuing, I'm glad Show made an impact by beating the piss out of Eddie. I don't see a triple threat between Raven, Show, Eddie since Show beat down Eddie and not Raven. Hopefully Raven gets some good feuds while he's champion, A feud between him and Taker could work nicely :D

Guest Crossface

great show.

do you think that raven is actually ready for a world title?

anyways,can you please show how the feud is heated. (the numbers,you know)

and about the ratings,how about just posting the main event or the best stuff?

Guest Prototype

great show.

do you think that raven is actually ready for a world title?

anyways,can you please show how the feud is heated. (the numbers,you know)

and about the ratings,how about just posting the main event or the best stuff?

Guest Crossface

i have a question:

a couple of pages down you had a feud between stone cold and the outsiders.

are you playing TEW?

in ewr can you actually have a 1vs2 feud?

Guest Prototype

i have a question:

a couple of pages down you had a feud between stone cold and the outsiders.

are you playing TEW?

in ewr can you actually have a 1vs2 feud?

Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 23, 2004

Ultimo Dragon defeated Akio with the Asai DDT.

A Highlight Package of the Raven/Eddie Guerrero Cage Match from Smackdown was shown.

Maven defeated Chuck Palumbo with a Missle Dropkick.

A Highlight Package of the 8-Man Tag match from Raw was shown.

Rob Van Dam beat Sakoda with the 5 Star.

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan made some recorded comments, saying that he would prove that he was the greatest manager of all time, and that despite the recent injury to his latest protege Sean O'Haire, he has a plan just like he always does.

AJ w/Crowbar pinned Spike Dudley after some distraction from Crowbar and a finisher he called The Baptism.

La Resistance was shown in the locker room discussing their recent losing streak. Grenier said that they needed some veteran guidance to get them back to the top, and he knew just the man to call.

Sex and Violence w/Trish defeated Stevie Richards w/Victoria and Rosey after Test hit Stevie with the Big Boot.

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This Monday night is the night! A feud has been building for the past few weeks and it will finally come down to a one on one match. As scheduled two weeks ago by Steve Austin, it will be Chris Benoit defending the World Title against Chris Jericho!

Speaking of Steve Austin, he is in his second week of a business trip and will not be in attendance at Raw. What will Kane have to say about this?

Plus, as if the World Title Match wasn't enough, Shawn Michaels will go one on one with Ric Flair!

All this and more on the next Raw.

Edited by Prototype

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 25, 2004

A Challenge Is Made

Raw kicks off with the music of Shelton Benjamin hitting the arena as he makes his way out to the ring.

Shelton: Im not going to waste much time out here tonight. Evolution, get your punk asses out here right now.

Well it hasn’t taken long for things to get started here tonight, and soon the music of Evolution hit the arena. The group wasn’t fully intact, but it was Triple H and Randy Orton who made their way out onto the ramp.

Orton: You know Shelton, you’ve got a lot of nerve calling out Evolution, because no one in this business demands anything of us! But, luckily for you, Triple H and I are in a rather mellow mood tonight, and you’ve made us curious. So what is it you want? And make it quick.

Shelton: Well Orton, I was thinking earlier tonight that I would come out here and challenge you to a match and receive my rightful shot at the Intercontinental Title! But I knew that you didn’t have the balls to defend your title against me here tonight and you would probably punk out.

Triple H: You know what Benjamin, you’re not as dumb as you look, because you’re right. Randy Orton wouldn’t give you your title shot tonight, and not because of anything else other than the plain and simple fact that you don’t deserve it! You think just because you won a battle royal almost two months ago that you deserve the Intercontinental Title? What have you done since then, Shelton? The fact is, you haven’t gotten your shot because you couldn’t lace the boots of the Legend Killer. And frankly, Shelton, Im getting a little sick and tired of everyone sticking their noses in Evolution’s business. We run this industry. You don’t demand anything from us, we will tell you when we deem it appropriate for Evolution to give you anything! That’s just the way it is.

Shelton: You know, Triple H, since you’re out here, I have a better idea. How about right here tonight, we have ourselves a tag team match? You and Randy Orton against myself and a partner.

Triple H: You’re challenging Evolution? You want a piece of the Legend Killer and The Game? I tell you what, you’re on, Benjamin! And I’ll tell you another thing. You might be known for your tag line- what is it- it’s all about the benjamins? Well after tonight, Evolution will teach you why you shouldn’t write checks your ass cant cash! And you can let your tag team partner know what he’s in for tonight, too.

Shelton: Why don’t you tell him yourself, Triple H?

The music of EDGE hits the arena as he walks out onto the stage behind Triple H and Orton. Edge and Triple H have an intense stare down, but Orton holds Triple H back. The two teams are at a stand off as we fade to a commercial.

Disciples of Syn vs La Resistance

La Resistance have been on a bit of a losing streak lately. Bane started off the match with Conway. Conway rushed Bane into a corner and connected with a chop to the chest, which only angered the big man as he gave Conway a death stare before throwing him into the buckle and laying into him with rights and lefts. Bane scooped Conway up and planted him with a running powerslam for a two. Seven tagged in and controlled a portion of the match, overpowering Conway. Rob turned the tide with a rake of the eyes and tagged in Grenier. Sylvain began to work over Seven’s shoulder and isolated him in La Resistance’s corner. Grenier whipped Seven into the buckle and charged in with a clothesline, but Seven moved out of the way and Grenier hit the turnbuckle. Seven followed up with a neck breaker and both men were down. Sylvain got the tag to Conway, but Seven made the tag to Bane as well. Bane took down Conway with a clothesline and then nailed Grenier with a spine buster. Bane tagged in Seven and the Disciples set up Conway for the End of Days and connected! Bane went for the cover, but Grenier had the referee distracted from the outside. Seven went to the apron and began to brawl with Grenier while Bane tried to get the ref’s attention. During the confusion, William Regal came running down to the ring! Regal came to the apron and slide what appeared to be a pair of brass knuckles to Conway. Conway slid on the knucks and as Bane turned around caught him with a loaded right hand that sent the big man to the mat. Conway covered, and Regal even held on to Bane’s foot from the outside to help give La Resistance the win! Apparently, Regal is the man who Grenier was talking about on Velocity who would help La Resistance get back on track. Seven checked on his partner in the ring as Grenier, Conway, and Regal headed back up the ramp celebrating.

Ambush

As Seven began to help Bane back up to his feet, out from the crowd came Test, Val Venis, and Rhyno in street clothes! All three members of X-Rated slid into the ring and began to attack the Disciples of Syn. All three men began to put the boots to Bane and Seven. Trish Stratus appeared at ringside as well, directing traffic. Rhyno picked Seven up to his feet and Test nailed him with the Big Boot. Rhyno then picked Bane up and Val ran him over with a shot to the head with his tag title belt! X-Rated stood over the Disciples, Test and Val with their tag titles in the air, while Trish applauded all three men’s work.

Heenan Has A Plan

We then cut to some recorded comments from “The Brain,” Bobby Heenan.

Heenan: Good evening humanoids. I know you might be thinking, what is Bobby Heenan doing on Raw tonight? Isn’t his client, Sean O’Haire, injured? Well O’Haire is injured, but just because that idiot threw away our dreams by being clumsy doesn’t mean that I have given up on my grand scheme. You see, I had a plan. A plan that would take me to the top of the WWF. There may have been a wrench thrown in recently, but what you people tend to forget is that they don’t call me The Brain for nothing. So don’t worry, you haven’t gotten rid of Bobby Heenan, because Im always thinking, and soon you’ll all see why I am the smartest manager in the history of this business. Trust me, everything is falling into place. I guess you could say that the countdown has begun, and I am about to break the wall down into the upper echelon of managerial greats! Just think about that, humanoids. Think about it.

Maven vs Lance Storm

Maven and Storm locked up, with Maven sending Storm into the ropes and connecting with a dropkick. Maven took Storm down with a slam and went to the top rope when….BOOM! Fire explodes from the stage and out walks Kane! We saw this last week from the monster. Kane steps into the ring and nails Maven with a big boot and then delivers a clothesline to Storm. Kane picks Storm up and press slams him over the top rope and to the floor! Kane then turns his attention to Maven. Maven slowly reaches his feet and is caught in a goozle before Kane plants him with a vicious chokeslam! Kane raises his arms and sets the ring posts ablaze as his music begins to play. This was another obvious message to Steve Austin, who was still away on business this week, but will reportedly be back in the office next week. What will the Rattlesnake have to say about Kane’s recent rampage?

A Big Night

We then go a split screen video showing both the World Champion Chris Benoit and the challenger Chris Jericho arriving to the arena earlier today. The looks on both men’s faces were focused. The tension for tonight’s title match was building.

Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair

Michaels controlled the match early, out quicking the Nature Boy. HBK landed a few chops in the corner and whipped Flair to the far side for his patented turnbuckle flip. Michaels whipped him off the ropes and hit a big back body drop. HBK again got Flair in the corner, but Flair gave HBK a poke to the eye and gained the upper hand. Flair turned Michaels into the corner and laid into Michaels with chops of his own. Flair slammed HBK to the mat and followed with a knee to the face for a two. Flair stayed on the offensive, chopping HBK several times and giving Shawn a knee breaker, trying to set him up for the Figure Four. Flair sent HBK to the mat and tried to go to the top rope, but as usually was caught in the act and slammed down to the canvas by HBK. HBK bounced off the ropes and nailed a flying forearm before nipping up. HBK blasted Flair with a few right hands and slammed him to the mat, following up with a flying elbow from the top! Shawn began to tune up the band. Flair wobbled to his feet and HBK moved in for some Sweet Chin Music, but Flair caught HBK’s foot and then kicked his other leg out from under him, sending Shawn to his back on the mat. Flair let out a “Whoo” as he turned with Shawn’s leg to wrap him in the Figure Four, but HBK kicked Flair from behind with his other foot and sent Ric into the corner chest first. Flair turned around and went for a clothesline, but HBK ducked it and then dropped Flair with Sweet Chin Music from nowhere! 1..2..3.

No Time to Celebrate

HBK’s music hit as he began to celebrate his win, but almost immediately Batista ran down to the ring and clobbered Shawn with a clothesline from behind. Batista put the boots to Michaels as Flair soon joined in. Batista set Michaels up for the Batista Bomb when Matt Hardy sprinted down to the ramp! Hardy slid in the ring and took Flair to the outside with a clothesline over the top rope. Batista charged Hardy, but Matt ducked the blow and sent the big man through the ropes with a dropkick. Hardy helped HBK to his feet as Batista stared angrily towards the ring as he and Flair walked back up the ramp. In the ring, Hardy and HBK simply stared at each other for a moment before Shawn gave Matt a slap on the back, perhaps thanking him for his help.

Interview with Chris Jericho

We now go to the interview area where Mark Lloyd is standing by with Chris Jericho.

Mark: Chris Jericho, time is ticking away and coming up in just a few moments tonight, you will challenge Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Jericho: You know Marky Mark, I have been counting down the seconds to tonight. The buzz around town has been the Y2J has been on a roll lately, that maybe it has finally become his time again. Well I say that they’re right! Ever since I became the number one contender, all I could think about was getting Chris Benoit in the ring and beating the living hell out of him! And tonight, that’s exactly what Im going to do. The feeling is in the air, jack. All the Jerichoholics here tonight can feel it, I can feel it, and Chris Benoit can feel it too. He’s going downtown to Chinatown, babay, and it will be a trip that neither one of us will ever, evvvver, forget!

Triple H and Randy Orton vs Edge and Shelton Benjamin

Orton starts the match with Edge. Edge takes control early with a few hip tosses and a clothesline off the ropes, then tags in Shelton. Shelton works over Orton in the corner and whips him into the far buckle. Benjamin looks for his splash in the corner, but Orton moves out of the way and Shelton crashes into the buckle. Orton drops Benjamin with a neck breaker and tags in Triple H. Trips corners Benjamin against the buckle and lays into him with rights and lefts. Triple H whips Benjamin off the ropes and connects with a knee to the face for a two. Shelton ducks a clothesline and goes for a boot to the gut, but Triple H blocks it. Benjamin tries to counter it with a spin wheel kick, but Triple H has it scouted and ducks the move. Trips then locks Shelton in position for the Pedigree. Triple H gives a look to Edge before delivering the move, and this allows Shelton to backdrop Triple H to the mat instead! Shelton ducks a running clothesline and connects with a spin wheel kick to the face of Triple H. Benjamin whips Triple H into the ropes and connects with a splash, followed up with a reverse DDT! 1..2…Triple H kicks out. Shelton whips Triple H off the ropes, but ducks his head to early and Trips drives his face into his knee. Both men looking for a tag now. Triple H gets the tag to Orton, but Shelton makes a lunge and takes in Edge! Edge comes in on fire, knocking Orton to the ground with a right hand and then giving a charging Triple H a back drop. Edge is taking on both Evolution members. Benjamin joins in and takes Triple H to the outside. Edge and Orton are left in the ring. Orton boots Edge in the gut and locks him in for a DDT, but Edge gets out of it and hits Orton with the Edgecution! 1..2..Orton barely gets a foot on the bottom rope to break the count. On the outside, Triple H throws Shelton into the steel stairs and slides into the ring, attacking Edge from behind. Triple H picks Edge up and whips him towards the corner, but Edge puts the brakes on before hitting the buckle and turns around looking to spear Triple H. Triple H sidesteps, and Edge spears Orton instead, who had just gotten back to his feet! Triple H then grabs Edge and plants him with the Pedigree! Triple H rolls to the outside, as Edge and Orton are the legal men. Both men finally are able to wobble to their feet and begin to exchange rights. Orton ducks a roundhouse and boots Edge in the gut and locks him up for the RKO. Edge is able to shove Orton off of him and into the ropes, and as Orton bounces back off, Edge hits a second Spear out of nowhere! Edge covers. Triple H tries to make the save, but Shelton grabs his foot from the outside. 1..2…3! Triple H cant believe it. Edge motions for him to get in the ring, but Triple H just growls and throws a fit as he heads back up the ramp and Edge and Shelton celebrate.

World Title Match

Chris Benoit © vs Chris Jericho

Both men met each other in the middle of the ring for a hard stare down, before Benoit slapped Jericho in the face. Jericho then responded with one of his own! Benoit went to grapple Jericho, but Jericho ducked and laid into Benoit with chops to the chest, sending him up against the ropes. Jericho whipped Benoit off and connected with a clothesline. Jericho hit a few right hands and then clotheslined Benoit to the floor. Benoit attempted to get back in the ring, but as he got to the apron, Jericho bounced off the middle rope and sent Benoit flying off the apron with a dropkick! Benoit was obviously a bit frustrated. Jericho reached over the rope and tried to pull Benoit back in, but Benoit grabbed Jericho’s legs and drug him over to the ring post where he slammed Jericho’s knee into the steel. Benoit slid into the ring and took over. Benoit laid the boots to Jericho’s chest and worked over his knee, dropping a few elbows on it and stomping on it in the ropes. Benoit got Jericho in the corner and delivered a few stiff chops and then hit a short snap suplex for a two. Benoit scooped Jericho up for a slam, but Jericho slipped out the back and threw Benoit sternum first into the turnbuckle. Jericho then hit a falling neck breaker. Jericho raced off the ropes and went for the Lionsault, but Benoit got his knees up and Jericho crashed into them. Benoit then connected with a spine buster and signaled for the end. Benoit climbed to the top rope, looking for a flying headbutt. Benoit flew off the ropes, but there was no one home as Jericho was able to move out of the way! Both men were now down on the mat. Jericho was first to his feet and again raced off the ropes and this time connected with a Lionsault. 1..2..Benoit kicks out! Jericho sends Benoit off the ropes, but Benoit ducks a clothesline and wraps Jericho from behind. Release German suplex! Benoit covers, but Jericho kicks out! Benoit whips Jericho into the corner, but Jericho moves out of the way of a Benoit attack and takes Benoit to the mat by his legs. Jericho tries to turn Benoit over into the Walls of Jericho, and does! Benoit is in the Walls. Benoit reaches the bottom rope quickly, however, and Jericho has to release the hold. Benoit charges Jericho, but Jericho takes him down with a dragon whip and holds on and goes to put Benoit in the Walls again. Benoit reaches up and turns it into a small package. 1..2..Jericho kicks out! Benoit grabs Jericho and puts him in the Crossface! Jericho tries to reach the ropes, and does. The referee forces Benoit to let go of the hold. Jericho rolls into the corner and hunches in it. Benoit angrily pushes the referee aside to get at Jericho, but Jericho plays possum and grabs the front of Benoit’s trunks and pulls him face first into the middle buckle. Jericho then takes Benoit and slams him with the Breakdown. Jericho looks for the Lionsault one more time, but Benoit moves out of the way. Jericho lands on his feet, however, and nails Benoit with the enzeguri kick to the head! This might be it. Jericho covers. 1…2…Benoit gets a foot on the ropes at the last second. Jericho cant believe it. Jericho is asking the ref if he was sure it was a three. The referee tells Jericho it was only a two, and then from behind Benoit nails Jericho with a low blow! Right in front of the ref, and the referee has no choice but to ring the bell. Jericho falls to the mat as Benoit rolls to the outside. The announcement comes that Jericho is the winner by DQ, but Benoit retains the title. Benoit grabs his belt from the time keeper’s table and falls to his knees with it. Benoit had to cheat his way into keeping his title. Raw comes to a close with Benoit on the outside and Jericho lying in the ring, both men spent.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 73%

TV Rating= 5.62

Attendance= 10,012

$= 400,480

*Triple H lost overness from his segment.

*Rhyno lost overness from his segment.

*Matt Hardy is now officially a face and gained overness from his turn.

*Ric Flair was sluggish in his match.

*Triple H was sluggish in his match.

*Chris Benoit was sluggish in his match.

E-Mails

"Benoit is losing heat because you are pushing him too much."- Road Agent

"How about booking me against Rikishi? I think we could do some enetertaing stuff."- Big Show

News

*Tajiri was returned from alcohol rehab.

*Doug Basham has returned from rehab.

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

Last week the Big Show likely cost Eddie Guerrero the WWF Title and caused Eddie to sustain injuries to his ribs. The big man will be in the house, and what will he have to say for himself?

Speaking of the WWF Title, the WWF Champion Raven will be in attendance.

Plus, in tag team action, the US Champion John Cena teams up with Rob Van Dam to take on JBL and Booker T!

All this and more on the next Smackdown!

Guest Prototype

user posted image

October 28, 2004

Hardcore Holly and Rico w/Miss Jackie vs The FBI

This was the first time Holly and Rico had teamed. Rico started off the match with Nunzio, who didn’t like some of the “uncomfortable” positions Rico got him in. Nunzio demanded that Rico tag out, so Rico did so by slapping Holly on the butt! Holly didn’t take too kindly to that, but it was a legal tag and Holly was in. Holly overpowered Nunzio early, pounding him in the corner and connected with a few stiff chops. Holly whipped Nunzio to the ropes and hit a dropkick for a two. Nunzio raked Holly across the face and tagged in Stamboli. The Bull hit Holly with a few blows to the back and connected with a spine buster. Stamboli went to the middle rope and landed an elbow drop to the face of Holly for a two count. Stamboli whipped Holly into the corner and charged in, but Holly moved out of the way and then took The Bull down with a neck breaker. Rico called for a tag, and Holly began to inch towards his corner. Stamboli tagged in Nunzio, but Holly made the tag to Rico! Rico flattened Nunzio with a kick to the face. Rico shoved Nunzio into the corner and hit a few kicks to the gut, followed by a leaping kick to the head off the middle rope. Rico then nailed a Tornado DDT, but Stamboli broke up the pin. Holly came back in and clobbered Stamboli out through the ropes. Nunzio scooped Rico up for a slam, but Rico slipped out the back and shoved Nunzio in to Holly, who promptly nailed Nunzio with the Alabama Slam! Rico, the legal man, covered Nunzio and got the three. Rico celebrated with his hands in the air and then jumped into the arms of an unsuspecting Holly! Hardcore gave Rico a disgusted look and dropped Rico to the mat. As they walked back up the ramp, Rico tried to get Holly to celebrate with him, but to no avail.

(77,72,82)

Interview with the Big Show

We then go to the interview area where Josh Matthews is with the Big Show.

Josh: I’m standing here with the Big Show, and Show, the question everyone is asking is why did you see fit to interfere in the WWF Title match last week and ultimately cost Eddie Guerrero his shot at regaining the gold?

Show: Do I really need a reason? I’m seven feet tall, and five hundred pounds. I don’t have to explain myself to you or anyone else unless I feel like it! I can do what I want, when I want! And see, it was Kurt Angle who made me realize that last week. I’ll admit Kurt Angle lit a fire in me last week. He told me to make an impact, so that’s what I did. I walked down to the ring last week, I ripped the cage door off its hinges, and I took one of the top superstars on Smackdown, Eddie Guerrero, and I tossed him around like a rag doll! I beat him from one side of the cage to the other, inuring his ribs in the process. So now I have a question for you. If I can do that to a guy like Eddie Guerrero, a now former WWF Champion, any time I want, imagine what I’m going to do to the rest of the Smackdown roster.

(68)

Angle Is Impressed

Suddenly, GM Kurt Angle appears on the video screen behind Show and Josh, sitting in his office.

Angle: Big Show, I must admit I am impressed. Last week, you took my advice, you took some initiative, and performed like the monster that you are. And I liked it. So what I’m going to do tonight is reward you, Show. Tonight, I’m going to give you a match with one of the top wrestlers on Smackdown. In fact, he’s even a Smackdown titleholder. It will be tough, but after the display we saw last week, I’m sure you’ll be up to the challenge. So tonight, it will be the Big Show going one on one with……Rey Mysterio!

Big Show gets a smile on his face and rubs his hands together in anticipation before walking off, the match set for tonight.

(97)

Rikishi vs Shannon Moore

It was the Thrillseekers who upset Rikishi and Scotty last week in tag action. Rikishi dominated almost the entire match with his power and size. Rikishi squashed Moore in the corner and threw him almost half way across the ring with a huge hip toss. Rikishi landed a big leg drop, but wouldn’t pin Moore. Rikishi whipped Shannon into the corner and signaled for another avalanche, but Moore moved out of the way and Rikishi slammed into the buckle chest first. Moore dropkicked Rikishi back into the corner from behind. Moore then leaped to the top rope and hit Rikishi with a flying clothesline, but Rikishi powered out of the pin.. Moore again went to the top and this time tried a cross body, but Rikishi caught him in mid air and planted him with the Rikishi Driver. Rikishi, still upset about the loss last week, then went to the outside and grabbed a chair. Rikishi seemed to be debating with himself on whether to actually hit Moore with it when Scotty 2 Hotty ran down to the ring and grabbed hold of the chair, telling Rikishi not to do it. Rikishi wouldn’t let go of the chair, and as he made another tug on it, Scotty let go. The momentum caused Rikishi to spin around with the chair and Moore dropkicked it into his face! Moore then went to the top rope and connected with the Mooregasm for the 1..2..3! Moore scores another upset win while Rikishi and Scotty continue to have communication problems.

(65,59,72)

Quote the Raven

The WWF Champion Raven then makes his way to the ring, along with his Flock mates AJ and Crowbar.

Raven: It’s always a tough situation when those who you deem less than you succeed. No one likes when the rats of the street become with kings of the palace. So is the plight of the Raven. No one wanted me to become WWF Champion. No one wanted this face to be the face of Smackdown. So after I beat Eddie Guerrero at No Mercy, what was the first act of response? Not a celebration. Not an offer of congratulations. It was an attempt to take this title from me as soon as possible by going through a loophole in the fine print of a contract! So last week, I was thrown in a cage, like an animal! But everyone should know by now than an animal becomes even more agitated and dangerous when they’re locked up. And despite their best efforts, I still stand today as the WWF Champion. And all everyone else is left with is their own realization that their worst fears have come true. A new face of wrestling has emerged, and their worst nightmare has become reality. Quote the Raven, nevermore.

(87)

A Call From Beyond

As Raven and his crew prepare to leave, the lights in the arena go out! A gong is heard, and the Undertaker appears on the video screen.

Undertaker: Raven, throughout the years many men have knocked on the door of the Darkside, daring to challenge me. But there have been times when, instead, the Reaper has knocked on their door. The Creatures of the Night have called out, and their request has been let known. Now, the Reaper knocks on your door, Raven. Later tonight, I will walk to that ring and the Reaper’s bell will toll. And it is better to answer the call than for the Angel of Death to come looking. Raven, you speak of kings, but even kings must bow before lords. And there is none more powerful than the Lord of Darkness.

The Undertaker rolls his eyes into his head as the video image fades away, and Raven and his Flock look on a bit rattled. Apparently, the Undertaker wants Raven in the ring tonight!

(80)

Bikini Contest

Torrie Wilson vs Dawn Marie

Torrie and Dawn Marie make their way out in robes for a special bikini contest. Tazz is the host. Dawn is the first to unrobe, looking not too shabby in a black bikini. Next is Torrie, who looks amazing in her pink string bikini. Tazz asks the audience for their vote, and predictably Torrie is your winner. Torrie waves to the crowd, thanking them, when Dawn Marie attacks her from behind. Dawn takes Torrie to the mat and both women begin to brawl. Referees and officials run down to the ring and finally separate the two ladies, with Dawn screaming “you aint nothing, Torrie!”

(82)

Rob Van Dam and John Cena vs JBL and Booker T w/Theodore Long

Van Dam started the match off the JBL. JBL took control early, powering Van Dam into the corner and slapping him across the chest. JBL took RVD down with a short arm clothesline and went for an early pin. JBL whipped RVD off the ropes, but RVD ducked a clothesline and hit JBL with a spin wheel kick. RVD connected with a few kicks to the gut and then took JBL to the mat with a leg sweep. RVD tagged in the eager Cena, but JBL quickly crawled to his corner and tagged in Booker, not wanting any part of Cena. Booker came in, but Cena ducked a right hand and hit a few of his own. Cena whipped Booker off the ropes and connected with a back body drop. Cena connected with an inverted atomic drop and then took Booker down with a clothesline. Cena dropped the five-knuckle shuffle and covered Booker, but only for a two. Cena whipped Book into the corner and charged in, but Booker nailed Cena with a sidekick out of the corner from nowhere! Booker dropped his knees to the face of Cena and covered for a two. Booker controlled the pace, grounding Cena with sleepers. Booker took Cena into the corner, but Cena reversed an irish whip into the corner. Booker slipped out of a body slam as he bounced out of the corner and locked Cena up for the Bookend, but Cena gave Book a back elbow to the head to escape and then hit a DDT. Both men were looking for a tag. Booker was able to tag in JBL, but Cena tagged in RVD as well! RVD struck JBL with a succession of forearms to the head and whipped JBL into the corner. RVD hit two shoulder blocks to the gut, back flipped, and connected with a third. RVD then leaped up and gave JBL a head scissors out of the corner. RVD was feeling it and went up to the top rope. As he was waiting for the right moment, Booker T got on the apron and shoved RVD off the top and to the canvas. Cena then attacked Booker and those two began to brawl on the outside. In the ring, JBL scooped up RVD and delivered a hard fall away slam. JBL signaled for the end and booted RVD in the gut. JBL ran off the ropes, looking for the Clothesline From Hell, but RVD ducked. Waiting on the other side of the ring was Cena, who scooped up JBL as he charged in and nailed him with the FU! From the outside, Booker pulled Cena back out to the floor, but it was too late. RVD had already perched himself on the top rope and connected with the Five Star to JBL! 1..2..3. As the pin was being registered, Booker threw Cena into the ring steps, and after the bell Booker slid in the ring and caught RVD with a sidekick to the face. Booker put the boots to RVD, and JBL joined in after getting back to his feet. Booker kicked RVD in the gut and dropped him with the Axe Kick. Cena got back in the ring to try and help, but was overcome by the two on one attack of JBL and Booker. JBL nailed Cena with a Clothesline from Hell, and then Booker helped to put Cena in place for a powerbomb from JBL. RVD and Cena had won the battle, but the war seemed to go to JBL and Booker tonight.

(76,78,74)

The Undertaker vs Crowbar

As promised, the Undertaker made his presence known and walked out to the ring. The Flock then came down to ringside, but instead of Raven accepting the offer, he took Crowbar by the hair and threw him in the ring to face off with the Deadman instead! Taker took it to Crowbar early, pounding him in the corner with right and lefts. Taker whipped Crowbar off the ropes and dropped him with a boot to the face. Raven and AJ began to interject themselves in the match, distracting the referee and getting the attention of Undertaker. With the ref distracted, Crowbar hit the Phenom with a low blow. Crowbar turned the tide, beating Taker on the back with clubbing blows. Crowbar dropped Taker with a jawbreaker and then landed a jumping leg drop for a two. Crowbar whipped Taker off the ropes, but Taker ducked a clothesline and came back off the ropes a big flying clothesline of his own. Undertaker then sat up to a cheer from the fans and went on the attack. Taker gave Crowbar a thrust to the throat and then took him to the mat with a slam. Undertaker hit a leg drop of his own and signaled for the end. Again, AJ got on the apron and distracted the Deadman, which allowed Crowbar to hit him with a flying neck breaker. Crowbar then decided to go to the top rope and wait for Undertake to reach his feet. Crowbar came off for a flying axe handle, but Undertaker caught Crowbar by the throat and planted him with a chokeslam! The Undertaker then scooped Crowbar up and, staring at Raven the entire time, dropped Crowbar with the Tombstone and got the decisive win. It looked like AJ was about to get in the ring to help out Crowbar, but Raven held him back and they began to back track up the ramp as the Undertaker stared them down.

(72,74,68)

Big Show vs Rey Mysterio

Rey seemed a little hesitant, but didn’t back down from the Big Show. Rey out quicked Big Show a couple of times, avoiding attacks. Big Show finally got his hands on Rey and whipped him off the ropes, but Rey slid between Show’s legs and dropkicked Show’s knee. Rey did the same to his other knee, bringing Show to his level. Rey ran the ropes, but Show clobbered him with a clothesline from his knees! Show then had his way with Rey. Show whipped Mysterio hard into the buckle, sending Rey to the mat. Show slapped Rey with a few hard chops to the chest and then simply tossed him with ease to the outside over the top rope. Big Show followed and picked Rey up and rammed his back into the steel ring post. Rey stood leaning against the post, and Big Show charged in looking to take Rey out, but Mysterio moved out of the way and Show smacked the ring post headfirst. With Show dazed, Rey went to the ring apron and hit Show with a flying clothesline off the apron that sent Show to the floor. Rey waited in the ring for Show to roll back in and dropkicked Show in the face. Rey again went to the top rope, looking to pull the upset. Rey leaped off for a cross body, but Big Show caught Rey in mid air. Show lifted him to his shoulder, but Rey turned it into a twisting DDT! Rey then quickly went to the apron, leaped off the top rope, and dropped a leg drop to Show! Rey with the cover. 1..2..Show throws Mysterio off of him! Rey ran off the ropes, but was met with a big boot to the face. Big Show was done playing around and then picked Rey off the mat with one hand wrapped around his throat. Show lifted Rey up and planted him with a chokeslam. It was elementary after that, as Big Show picked up the win.

(75,79,68)

Latino Heat!

The Big Show paraded in the ring when an uproar came from the crowd. Suddenly, Eddie Guerrero came running down the ramp with a chair! Guerrero, ribs taped and all, slid in the ring and cracked the chair over Big Show’s back. Eddie hit Show again in the back with the steel, sending the big man reeling. Eddie then hit Show with a clothesline that sent him over the top and to the floor. Eddie stood in the ring fired up as Big Show stood on the ramp furious. Smackdown came to an end with Eddie Guerrero pumped up in the ring and Big Show pointing him down.

(88)

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 77%

TV Rating= 5.91

Attendance= 10,013

$= 400,520

*Big Show lost overness from his interview.

*Shannon Moore gained overness from his match.

*Raven lost overness from his segment.

*Dawn Marie gained overness from her segement.

*Big Show was sluggish in his match.

E-Mails

"I dont think reguarly teaming with Stamboli is a good idea. I've been getting bigger crowd reactions. How about making the team inactive and giving me a singles run?"- Nunzio

"RVD and John Cena work well together."- Road Agent

"Me and Rey Mysterio didnt really click. How about booking me against someone like Rikishi?"- Big Show