WWF 2004

Guest Prototype

Guest Prototype
Just to let everyone know, I wil be in FL this next week, so there wont be any updates until I return. Thanks to everyone who reads!
Edited by Prototype

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Prototype

user posted image

WWF News, Notes, and Rumors

* Velocity scored a 5.92 rating in its last show, with an attendance of 10,020 and making $400,800.

* Management seems to be pleased with the prgeession of a few superstarts, including the successful re-debut of Matt Morgan. Officials think Morgan can go a long way in the future, and are also looking for good things from Charlie Haas and Sean O'Hairre.

* Kidman has suffered a major knee injury. He will unfortunately be out for 16 months. This is a blow to Smackdown, as Kidman was not only a part of the Cruiserweight division but also was in line for a semi-push in the future. Writers will now obviously have to re-think their plans for him.

Thats all for now- be sure to catch Raw this week!

OOC: I am back home now and should have atleast a Raw preview up tomorrow or Tuesday.

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

On the next edition of Raw, it's the last Raw before SummerSlam, and the heat is on!

In the main event, World Champion Chris Benoit will have to defend his title just six days before his Triple Threat match at SummerSlam against one of the greatest of all time, Evolution member and the "Nature Boy," Ric Flair.

Speaking of Evolution, Batista will get a shot at the Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels in a non-title match. You can bet Randy Orton will be watching this one closely.

Plus, in a tag team tournament match, the Outsiders Hall and Nash will take on the Justice League to determine who will go on to SummerSlam to face Sex and Volence for the vacant tag titles. The Outsiders have already put Road Dogg and Steve Austin on the shelf, and Hurricane and Rosey have a rather large task on their hands.

All this and more this week on Raw!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

August 23, 2004

JR: Welcome everyone to Monday Night Raw, the final Raw broadcast before this Sunday’s SummerSlam! And what a night it’s shaping up to be, King.

King: You said it JR! Tonight, just six days out from his Triple Threat match at SummerSlam, Chris Benoit will defend the World Title here tonight against Ric Flair!

JR: That one will be one for the ages. Also…

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME! JR is cut off by the music of Triple H, as the leader of Evolution stalks to the ring and grabs a mic.

Triple H Meets Benoit

HHH: This Sunday, at SummerSlam, the World Title will come back to where it rightfully belongs- around my waist! Everyone knows that the odds have been stacked against me. I deserved a match, one on one, with Benoit, and instead I get stuck in a Triple Threat along with Chris Jericho. But does it matter to the Game? No! Because no matter what they throw at me, no matter the odds, I have proved time and time again that I can overcome them, and overcome them I will again at SummerSlam. Like it or not, you are looking at the next World Heavyweight Champion!

The music of the Chris Benoit hits to an ovation as the World Champ makes hiw way to the ring to join Triple H.

Benoit: Triple H, you come out here and run your mouth about how you are the next World champion, about how you are the best. But it seems to me that all you do is run your mouth, because the only thing that proves you are the best is this title, and this title belongs to me! And that means that I am the best! I made you tap out at WrestleMania, and I will do it again at SummerSlam! Whether it be you, or Chris Jericho, or whoever else is thrown my why, I will go through you all and walk out of Sunday still as the World Heavyweight champion!

BOOM! Pyro goes off on the stage to signal the entrance of Chris Jericho! Jericho’s music plays for a few moments as Benoit drops his title in the ring and he and Triple H look to the stage and ready themselves for Jericho.

Jericho has yet to appear when Triple H grabs the World title off the mat and cracks Benoit in the back of the head with it! Triple H then picks up a prone Benoit and delivers the Pedigree! Triple H talks trash to Benoit and then poses over him with the World title in hand.

(92)

JR: Triple H just decked Benoit with the World title. Benoit is out!

King: And what was going on with Jericho’s pyro? It went off and it looked like he was on his way out here, but he never showed up.

The music of Matt Hardy then hits as Version 1 makes his way to the ring for the first match of the night.

Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy w/Lita

Matt starts the match with a slow pace, using headlocks and arms bars to dictate the pace to Jeff. Jeff fights his way out of a headlock and takes Matt down with a headscissors and hard clothesline, speeding up the match. Jeff hits a double leg drop to the groin of Matt for two. Matt ducks a clothesline and hits the Side Effect for a close two count. Lita jumps up on the apron, yelling at Matt. Matt approaches her and looks like he is going to try to kiss her again, but Jeff comes from behind and ties Matt up. Lita then hauls off and smacks Matt! Jeff then hits his version of the Twist of Fate, but doesn’t go for the cover. Instead he goes to the top rope for the Swanton. Jeff takes a little too much time, though, and Matt jumps onto the top rope and crotches Jeff on the buckle. Matt then runs up the turnbuckles and hits a Twist of Fate from the top rope! 1..2..3…it’s over.

(82)

JR: Lita got her revenge on Matt, I think, with that hard slap, but it was Matt who got the victory.

King: And you can see Lita checking on Jeff in the ring. I don’t think this ended the way they wanted it to. I told you he was the better Hardy, JR!

When then go to the back area where we see Eric Bischoff talking on the phone on his office.

Eric is Forced to Book a Match

Eric: (on phone) Yes, yes that sounds great. I’ll be getting back in touch with you soon.

Suddenly, Kane busts in to the office and grabs Eric by both sides and flings him against a wall. Eric drops the phone and is visible shaken up by the Big Red Machine.

Kane: Eric! I want a match at SummerSlam, and you are going to give it to me!

Eric: What? What do you want Kane?

Kane: I want that punk Shelton Benjamin. He cost me that tag match last week by hitting me with a chair, and he has a payback coming to him this Sunday. I want him in a No Disqualification match at SummerSlam!

Eric: Fine, fine whatever you want Kane. In fact, you can have a warm up match tonight. I don’t know who it will be against, but I’ll find you somebody. You can take your frustration out on them, OK?

Kane begins to chuckle a little and smile. He drops Eric and even smooths out his shirt for him.

Kane: That sounds great, Eric. Thanks for your time.

(88)

Back in the arena, Sean O’Haire makes his way out to the ring with manager Bobby Heenan to take on Edge!

Sean O’Haire w/Bobby Heenan vs Edge

O’Haire uses his power early to beat down Edge, whipping him into the corner and hitting several hard chops and a running clothesline in the buckle. O’Haire gives Edge a few kicks to the midsection and hits a neckbreaker for a two count. Edge regains his composure and ducks a big boot by O’Haire and comes back with a flying spin wheel kick. Edge whips O’Haire off the ropes for a powerslam for a two. Edge hits Sean with the Edgeucution, but O’Haire gets a foot on the ropes before the ref can get to three. Edge is feeling it now and squats in the corner, measuring O’Haire up for the Spear. Christian then comes running down the aisle and as Edge goes for his move, Christian grabs his foot. Edge turns around and pulls Christian up onto the apron by his hair and punches him back down! O’Haire, though, charges Edge and splashes him chest first into the turnbuckle, and then quickly hits Edge with the Prophecy slam for a three!

(80)

King: Look at that JR! That has to be considered an upset. Sean O’Haire beats Edge!

JR: That may be so, not taking anything away from O’Haire, but you have to give an assist to Christian on that one as well. Edge will get his hands on Christian this Sunday, though, no doubt about that.

We then go to the interview area where Mark Lloyd stands by with HBK.

Interview with Shawn Michaels

Mark: I’m standing here with the Intercontinental champion, Shawn Michaels, and Shawn, in just six days you will defend that title against the former champ Randy Orton at SummerSlam. But it wont be in just any match. It will be in a match you made famous- a ladder match.

HBK: (sarcastically) Oooh, Mark, I’m shaking in my boots. SummerSlam is right around the corner, and for Randy Orton that means he’s six days away from the beating of his life. Orton, you planned to make a name for yourself off of ol’ HBK. You wanted to cement that nickname, the Legend Killer, by taking out one of the best of all time. You seemed to have it in your head that Shawn Michaels couldn’t “go.” And you tried to beat me down, you tried to take me out in a parking lot, and all I did was come back and take your Intercontinental championship! Now Orton, I’ve told you before that I don’t doubt your skills. In fact, as I’ve said, I see a lot of my young self in you. But just like me at your age, I needed a few ass beatings to get my head straight too! Like Mark said, I made the ladder match famous, and at SummerSlam it will be just one more chapter in the book of HBK. I may win, I may lose, but you can be certain about this; Orton, you are in for the beating of a lifetime! I’ll show you what getting in the ring, in a ladder match no less, with Shawn Michaels is all about. Summerslam, Ladder Match, IC title? You can bet your last dollar that win or lose Shawn Michaels will prove once again that I am the icon, the showstopper, the main event baby!

Mark: What about your match tonight with Batista?

HBK: Batista, I haven’t forgot about you big man. If I remember correctly, you were part of that parking lot beating I took a few weeks back too. So don’t worry your muscle bound head, because you’ve got yours coming tonight!

(82)

We then see Chris Jericho walking the halls until he goes into a training room where Chris Benoit sits holding the back of his head. Upon seeing Jericho, Benoit stands up and goes face to face with Jericho.

Benoit Faces Off with Jericho

Benoit: What the hell do you want?

Jericho: I saw what Triple H did and I just wanted….

Benoit: Yea I bet you saw. I bet you had a really good view. You know, that was real funny thing you pulled out there, Jericho. Or was it just coincidence that the pyro that went off to distract me from Triple H just happened to be yours?

Jericho: What are you trying to say, Benoit?

Benoit: (pause) All I know is that Sunday I’ve got to beat Triple H and you at SummerSlam to keep my title, and I know you want it. Desperate men do desperate things, Jericho. The fact is, I trust no one, and I will do whatever it takes…..whatever it takes!….to keep this World title.

After a brief staredown, Jericho backs down and leaves the training room.

Jericho: (outside the door) Assclown!

(78)

King: What’s going on JR? Was Benoit trying to suggest that Jericho was in with Triple H earlier tonight?

JR: I don’t know, but I would find that highly doubtful, King, even if Jericho has a title match at SummerSlam or not.

Fire blasts from the stage as Kane makes his way to the ring and awaits his opponent. Maven then comes from the curtain a but reluctant, apparently the chosen opponent by Eric Bischoff for Kane.

Kane vs Maven

This one didn’t last very long. Maven braved the anger of Kane and hit a few quick dropkicks and right hands, but all the momentum was sucked out of Maven with a big boot to the head by Kane. Kane pounded Maven with rights on the mat, picking him up for a sidewalk slam. Kane avalanched Maven in the corner and then hit the chokeslam! Kane wasn’t done, however, and picked Maven up for a second chokeslam before mercifully pinning the young man. As Kane was about to explode the turnbuckles, Shelton Benjamin ran down the aisle with a chair. Kane was ready for him, but Shelton tossed the chair at Kane, who caught it, and then superkicked the chair right into Kane’s face! Benjamin then rolled out of the ring with a smirk on his face as his music played, and Kane sat up with a very angry look on his face.

(74)

JR: Benjamin has once again gotten the best of Kane.

King: This kid has a lot of guts, JR, but at SummerSlam it will take more than that to beat the Big Red Machine in a no DQ match! Shelton is in trouble.

We then go to a shot of a collective Evolution in the locker room.

Evoluton’s Plan Unfolds

HHH: This night is going Evolution's way, boys. Everything is going like I wanted it to. I decked Benoit out in the ring, Benoit and Jericho are at each other's throats, and Batista is getting ready to tear Shawn Michaels apart!

Batista: Oh yea, Trips.

Flair: Hunter, man, can I just say that setting up Jericho's pyro to go off tonight to make Benoit think it was Jericho's idea was pure genius.

HHH: Coming from the dirtiest player in the game, it's an honor.

Orton: Batista, do me a favor. When you go out there tonight, please, please, leave just a little scrap of Shawn Michaels left for me to run into the ground at SummerSlam.

Batista: No problem.

HHH: Go get 'em.

(80)

JR: Did I understand that right? It was Triple H who set Jericho's pyro off tongiht to distract Benoit, not Jericho himself. It was all a set up King!

King: And what a beautiful set up it was! Triple H isnt the Cerebral Assasin for nothing. I think we're gonna see a new champion at SummerSlam.

Shawn Michaels then makes his way out to the ring to a big ovation.

Non-Title Match

Shawn Michaels vs Batista

Shawn attacked Batista at the bell with a flying clothesline, taking a few weeks of anger out on the head of the big man. HBK knocked Batista down with a dropkick and a moonsault off the middle rope for a quick two count. Batista battled back with a hard boot to the gut and a body slam. HBK ducked a clothesline, but was then caught in a huge spine buster from Batista as he bounced back off the ropes. Batista took Shawn to the outside with a clothesline. Batista continued the attack outside, ramming HBK's back into the steel post. Batista rolled a prone Michaels back into the ring and covered for a two. Batista signaled for the Batista Bomb, but HBK slid out of it and hit an atomic drop followed by a flying forearm. Michaels nipped up and was feeling it now. Shawn pounded away on Batista with rights and whipped him off the ropes, hitting a back elbow and then scaling the top rope and hitting a big elbow, but only got a two count! Shawn began to tune up the band, and as he went for SCM, Batista ducked and charged Michaels for his lights-out clothesline. HBK ducked himself, though, and then snapped Batista back with the Sweet Chin Music for the win. As HBK celebrated in the ring, Randy Orton appeared on the top of the ramp and the two men had an intense stare down, though from a safe distance.

(80)

JR: Michaels has beaten the monster Batista, and now Randy Orton awaits at SummerSlam.

King: What a match that will be.

The Outsiders then make their way to the ring to a mix of cheers and boos, as we get set to see who will go on to SummerSlam to fight for the vacant tag team titles.

The Outsiders vs Hurricane and Rosey

Hall started out with Hurricane, and the superhero upset Hall early with his quicness, knocking Hall down with a shoulder block and promtply asking "Whats up wit dat?" Hall took control, though, hammering Hurricane with stiff shots to the head and a fall away slam. Hurricane and Rosey were the definate underdogs here. Hall tagged in Nash, and the big man went to work. Nash got Hurricane in the corner and delivered two hard elbows, then choking him with his big boot. Nash whipped Hurricane off the buckle and hit a side walk slam, but arrogantly didnt go for the cover. Nash taunted Rosey, allowing he and Hall to double team Hurricane. Nash called for the Jacknife, but Hurricane escaped his hold and jumped across the ring to tag Rosey. Rosey came in hot, taking down Nash with a clothesline and then bashing Hall off the apron with a shot. Rosey whipped Nash to the buckle, but as he charged for a splash Nash pulled the ref in front of him, and Rosey squished the official! Nash raked the eyes of Rosey and looked like he was going to try to powerbomb him until a loud roar came from the crowd. From the crowd came Stone Cold Steve Austin, with a chair no less! Austin surprised Hall on the outside with a shot to the head, knocking him cold. Austin then got in the ring, and put the chair in the gut of Nash, followed by a Stunner! Austin gave Nash the finger as Rosey went to the middle rope and hit a big splash on Nash! Austin pulled the ref over and he counted 1..2..3! Hurricane and Rosey had done it!

(75)

JR: Stone Cold! Stone Cold is back! And Hurricane and Rosey are going to SummerSlam to fight in the finals of the tag team tournament! And a riled up Rattlesnake is going to SummerSlam to take on Hall and Nash!

King: I can't believe this JR!

As the crowd settled, the music of Ric Flair hit as we get ready for the main event.

World Heavyweight Title Match

Chris Benoit © vs Ric Flair

Benoit took control early, trading chops in the corner with the Nature Boy. Benoit had most of the offense, as Flair hit all his famous bumps, including a high back drop and being thrown from the top rope. Flair put a thumb to the eyes to get the advantage for a while. Flair chopped away at Benoit until Benoit hooked in a German suplex. Triple H came down to ringside at this point. Benoit hit another German before seeing HHH, and as he and the ref were distracted Flair hit Benoit with a low blow. Flair gave a "Woo" and went for the Figure-Four. Benoit cradled him, though, and got a two count. Flair rushed at Benoit after kicking out, but Benoit caught him in the Crossface! Benoit cinched in and Flair was forced to tap out! Triple H slid into the ring after the bell and put the boots to Benoit as Flair rolled to the outside. Chris Jericho came running down the aisle and speared Triple H! Jericho hammered away at HHH, sending him over the top with a clothesline. Jericho stood ready in the ring when Benoit reached his feet and put Jericho in the Crossface! Jericho tapped out as Benoit held on to the hold and Triple H backtracked up the ramp with a smirk on his face. What a SummerSlam it's gonna be!

(69)

Overall Rating=79%

Guest Prototype

user posted image

WWF News, Notes, and Rumors

* Raw scored a 5.27 rating, with an attendance of 10,007 and making $400,200.

* Officials seemed pretty happy with the way the show came off, leading in to SummerSlam. They expect SummerSlam to be a big PPV, although the outcomes of all the matches haven't yet been determined.

* Officials were also happy with the rub they think Sean O'Haire got from his win over Edge.

Dont forget to check out Smackdown, and SummerSlam is right around the corner. Thanks to everyone who reads. I hope you enjoy this diary, and if you do read, some feedback would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

Smackdown will be sizzling this week as we will be only three days away from SummerSlam!

In a main event tag match, the WWF and US champions will team up, as Eddie Guerrero amd John Cena take on their respective opponents at SummerSlam, Booker T and Rene Dupree.

Plus, after a three on one beating last week by Kurt Angle and his hired guns, the Big Show and Matt Morgan, what kind of payback will The Undertaker have on his mind?

With SummrSlam right around the corner, you know things are gonna get hot this week on Smackdown!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

August 26, 2004

As the show opens to view the parking lot outside as a stretch Hummer pulls up to the arena. Out from the vehicle walks Theodore Long and Booker T!

Teddy: (to Booker) Can you feel it playa? Can you feel the electricity? It’s almost SummerSlam, and that means it’s only a few days away from you being crowned champion, ya feel me?

Booker: Oh yea, I feel ya Teddy. But I’ll tell you one thing. Eddie Guerrero might have thought what he pulled last week, getting a match with you, was funny. I didn’t think it was funny, man. And tonight, I’m gonna get me a piece of Eddie Guerrero, no doubt. And then at SummerSlam, there wont be any place for him to hide. I’m gonna give him a street beatdown of his life, climb to the top of that cage, and become the next WWF champion! No can you dig that!

Teddy: Oh, I can dig it Booker. Let’s go.

(90)

We go into the arena now with Michael Cole and Tazz.

Cole: Hell everyone, and welcome to Smackdown! You just heard the words from Booker T, and he plans to put a hurting on Eddie Guerrero tonight.

Tazz: It might be easier said than done, Cole, but Booker is definitely focused here tonight.

The music of the Trillseekers, Paul London and Shannon Moore, hits the arena as we get set for a triangle tag team match.

Thrillseekers vs Kyo Dai vs The FBI

All three of these teams have a history with eachother and look to settle it tonight. London starts off with Akio. London gains the advantage with an enzeguri kick to the head of Akio. London whips Akio off the ropes and lands a dropkick for a quick two. London tags in Moore, who goes to work. Akio rakes the face of Moore and tags in Sakoda. Sakoda hits Moore with a body slam and whips him hard into the turnbuckle. Sakoda goes for a cover, but Nunzio breaks it up. Nunzio and Sakoda exchange words before Akio jumps on the ring and hits Nunzio with super kick! Johnny the Bull chases Akio out of the ring and around the outside, until London hits them both with a plancha off the apron! Moore, Nunzio, and Akio are left in the ring, and it’s a three man brawl. Nunzio gives Moore and neckbreaker, but is then given a headscissors by Akio and rolls to the outside. Akio whips Moore into the corner, and London makes a blind tag. Moore moves out of the way of a charging Akio and hits him with a bulldog. London then comes off the top rope with the London Calling! London is the legal man. 1..2..3.

(63)

Cole: What a wild win for the Thrillseekers, London and Moore!

Tazz: These two guys look like they might have a bright future ahead of them, Cole. Kyo Dai and the FBI aren’t any slouches.

We then go to the back with Kurt Angle, Big Show, and Matt Morgan sitting in their locker room. Angle is sitting in a chair, a stern look on his face and staring off into space.

Angle’s Plan

Big Show: I have to say, boss, getting the Undertaker to walk right into an ambush last week was genius. He didn’t even see it coming.

Morgan: Kurt, let me just tell you how honored I am to have been hand picked by you to help get rid of the Undertaker. It’s truly my pleasure to be in business with you.

Angle: Yea, last week was good. But it wasn’t good enough, because the Undertaker is still here tonight. I want to rid Smackdown of him for good! And I know, you, Show, are going to take care of business at SummerSlam.

Show: He’s mine, Kurt.

Angle: Good. But tonight, I’ve got an idea. I’m going to give the Undertaker a little warm up for SummerSlam. Morgan, you say you’re honored to be by my side? Well tonight you’re going to earn your stripes here on Smackdown. Tonight, it will be Matt Morgan versus the Undertaker one on one! And then at SummerSlam, the Undertaker will meet his final match, and I, Kurt Angle, will forever be known as the man responsible for killing off the Deadman!

(90)

The music of JBL hits as we go back to the arena and Bradshaw arrives in his limo for this next match.

JBL vs Spike Dudley

This match came about after JBL was the surprise partner of the Dudleys and nearly took Spike’s head off during the 6-man tag match. Spike showed no fear in the match, going right at JBL with fists flying. Spike whipped JBL off the ropes for a battering ram to the gut and hit a swinging neckbreaker for a surprising two. JBL gained the advantage with a quick boot to the gut and a fallaway slam. Spike reversed an irish whip into the buckle and stomped on JBL! Spike went for the Dudley Dog, but JBL pushed Spike off and to the mat. From out of nowhere JBL hit a groggy Spike with the Clothesline From Hell out of the corner! JBL was clearly done messing around and powerbombed Spike with authority to get the win.

(62)

Cole: A decisive victory for Bradshaw.

Tazz: Love him or hate him, Cole, and I personally am a JBL supporter, Bradshaw has eyes on the top.

We now go back to the interview area where Josh Matthews has the Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero.

Interview with Chavo and a Surprise for Rey

Josh: Im here with the cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero. Chavo, what are your thoughts on facing Rey Mysterio in three days at SummerSlam?

Chavo: Actually Josh, I haven’t given it much thought. In fact, Rey Mysertio isn’t even a second thought to me. I am the cruiserweight champion and Rey is just a wannabe.

Josh: Well, Mysterio has pinned you twice in various matches on Smackdown….

Chavo: So what! Who’s got the belt? Huh? Me! I am the champion, not Rey. At SummerSlam, I will show Rey exactly why I am the champ, homes. But you know what? Rey wants to think he can run with the big boys, like me? Well I had a meeting with Kurt Angle today, and I gave him an idea that he loved. So tonight, Rey, you’ll get your chance to show that you can hang with us big dogs, because tonight you have a match with Mark Jindrak!

Josh: Wha…Jindrak outweighs Rey by probably one hundred pounds or so.

Chavo: (gives a laugh) Oh, and your match, Rey, is right now!

(72)

On cue the music of Mark Jindrak hits as he makes his way down with Sable.

Rey Mysterio vs Mark Jindrak w/Sable

Jindrak seems amused to take on a much smaller opponent, but Rey out quicks Mark a few times and then surprises him with a dropkick and a quick head scissors takedown. Rey tries a cross body from the top, but is caught and powerslammed by Jindrak. Jindrak controls the match the rest of the way, beating Rey down and stopping any comeback efforts with power moves. Jindrak has the match in hand, with Sable looking on, and signals for the MJ Delight. Mark sets Rey up, but Rey slips out, runs the ropes, and hits Jindrak with a flying forearm that staggers him. Rey goes to the top and hits a flying dropkick that sends Mark into the ropes. Rey signals for the 619! Chavo comes running down to the ring, and as Rey goes to run the ropes Chavo pulls the top rope down and Rey tumbles to the outside. Sable hops up on the apron and distracts the ref as Chavo gives Rey a brainbuster on the floor! Chavo rolls Rey back in, and Jindrak hits an MJ Delight for good measure and gets the win.

(68)

Cole: I cant believe that! Chavo Guerrero just cost Rey a match that could have been a great win for Mysterio. Jindrak outweighed Mysterio by almost a hundred pounds, and needed Chavo’s help to pull it out.

Tazz: I don’t know if he NEEDED Chavo’s help, but Chavo sure did dim Rey’s lights with that brainbuster. Rey’s still out I think!

Video

We then see the same video from last week, with dark images flashing on the screen and the word “Nevermore” appearing, and the fading away.

(86)

The music of RVD hits as the master of the 5 Star makes his way to the ring.

Rob Van Dam vs Rico w/Miss Jackie

RVD started the match on the offensive, giving Rico some forearm to the head and a roundhouse kick for an early two count. RVD whipped Rico into the buckle and hit his shoulder block-backflip-shoulder block spot, followed by a slam to the mat. RVD looked to end the match early and went to the top, but Jackie distracted Van Dam until Rico got back to his feet and superplexed Rob off the top! Rico hit some elbows to Rob’s back and then whipped him into the corner and used his educated feet. Rico pranced around the ring and blew Jackie a kiss, but when he turned back around he was met with a stiff kick to the head. RVD connected with Rolling Thunder and a snap suplex, then scaled the ropes and hit a big 5 Star Frog Splash! It’s over! After the bell, Charlie Haas ran down the aisle with a chair. As RVD turned towards him, Haas threw the chair at RVD, who caught it, and super kicked it into Rob’s face! RVD is down as Haas leaves the ring with a smirk.

(67)

Cole: Charlie Haas just bashed that chair into RVD’s skull.

Tazz: Cole, was that Haas’ variation of the Van Daminator? Haas just used a page out of RVD’s book! So for SummerSlam, Haas has already taken on move away from RVD and then mastered another one!

We then go back the interview area again where Josh is with WWF champion Eddie Guerrero and US champ John Cena.

Interview with Eddie and Cena

Josh: I’m here with the WWF champion and US champi….

Cena: (taking the mic) We can handle this, Josh. The champ…or should I say champsss….are here! And we are ready to light this place on fire! See tonight, me and Eddie G are gonna take on Booker and Rene Fifi.

Eddie: O le lai, homes, that rhymed! I like that, esse.

Cena: It’s kinda what I do, E. Anyway, tonight aint gonna be no wrestling match. It’s a fight! A preview to this Sunday. But it’s only a preview, because what goes down at SummerSlam will be a far worse ass kickin for Rene Dupree, and especially Booker T in that cage, that what happens tonight.

Eddie: O le lai, that right homes. Booker T and me are gonna get it on inside a fifteen foot high steel cage, man. But Booker, that should be OK with you, homes. You’re used to places with high walls, chain link fences, and square rooms, right? But tonight isn’t about that, homes. Its about Latino Heat teaming with Cena, and Booker T and Rend Dupree I wouldn’t wanna be ya! (to Cena) How was that?

Cena: We’ll work on it, dog. We’ll work on it.

Eddie: O le lai!

Cena: Word Life!

(83)

The music of Matt Morgan hits inside the arena as the young man prepares for the biggest challenge of his life.

Matt Morgan vs The Undertaker

If Morgan was intimidated by the Deadman, he didn’t show it. He went after Taker, but the veteran took advantage of his inexperience and took the advantage with hard rights and lefts in the corner and a big boot. Taker took Morgan to the corner for some Old School, and sent Morgan to the mat. Kurt Angle came walking down to the ring at this point. Taker continued his assault on Morgan, but Matt moved out of the way of a splash in the corner and hit a big clothesline. Morgan whipped Taker into the buckle for his own splash in the corner, and hit a DDT for a two count. Taker ducked another clothesline from Morgan, ran the ropes, and hit a flying clothesline of his own. Taker signaled for the end, but Angle hopped up on the apron. Taker turned his attention to Kurt, but moved out of the way of a charging Morgan. Matt was able to stop himself before colliding with Angle, but turned right around into a chokeslam from Undertaker! Kurt held his head in disbelief as Taker turned Morgan up and Tombstoned him for the win. Big Show came running out from the back and attacked the Undertaker. Taker fought back, taking Show toe to toe with rights until Morgan got back to his feet and turned it into a two on one. Morgan whipped Taker into the clutches of Show, who chokeslammed the Deadman! Angle had a smile on his face as he and his goons backtracked up the ramp, but that smile soon went away as Taker sat up in the ring and stared a hole through Angle and Co. before rolling his eyes into his head.

(58)

Cole: The Undertaker will not stay down for long, Tazz. Big Show has a task on his hands at SummerSlam.

Tazz: Kurt may want to re-think this whole campaign against Undertaker.

Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero then made his way out in his low rider, accompanied by John Cena, for a big ovation, as we get ready for the main event.

Eddie Guerrero and John Cena vs Booker T and Rene Dupree

Cena started the match with Booker, who took the fight to Cena and leveled him with a spin kick. Booker slammed Cena to the mat and tagged in Dupree. Dupree went to work, but Cena kicked it up a notch and laid into Dupree with rights before hitting a DDT. Cena then hit the 5 knuckle shuffle before tagging in Eddie. Eddie came in and immediately came after Booker, knocking him off the apron. Eddie then back dropped a charging Dupree. Booker got in the ring, as did Cena, and we have a four man brawl. Cena took Dupree to the outside with a clothesline and followed him out. Cena and Dupree battled all the way up the ramp, leaving just Eddie and Booker. Eddie hit the Three Amigos on Booker and then signaled for the Frog Splash. As he went to the top, Theordore Long jumped up on the apron and distracted the ref and Eddie. As Eddie’s attention was on Teddy, Booker pulled brass knucks out of his tights. He walked over and blasted Eddie in the jaw with the loaded punch, knocking Eddie out right there on the top turnbuckle. Booker tossed Eddie down to the mat, went to the top himself, and then hit the Houston Hangover before laying over Eddie for the three count. After the bell, Booker wasn’t satisfied, and set Eddie up and hit the Scissors Kick to the back of the head. Booker and Theodore posed over a fallen Eddie as the show closed.

Overall Rating= 71%

Guest Prototype

user posted image

August 28, 2004

Ultimo Dragon beat Spike Dudley with the Asai DDT 

Stevie Richards beat Chuck Palumbo with the Stevie Kick, as Victoria watched happily from the ramp 

Interview with Shelton Benjamin, who talked about his match at SummerSlam with Kane 

The Basham Brothers beat The FBI after interference from Kyo Dai 

Interview with Big Show, who talked about what he was going to do to the Undertaker at SummerSlam 

Tajiri beat Garrison Cade with the Buzzsaw Kick 

A Video is shown from after this past Smackdown of the Dudley Boys attacking Rikishi and doing a number on his leg 

The Disciples of Syn beat La Resistanceafter Grenier and Conway's attempt to use the Quebec Flag backfired 

Hardcore Holly beat Rico with the Alabama Slam. Rico got miffed and attacked Holly with a chair after the match 

Interview with Edge, who hyped up his match at SummerSlam with Christian 

Matt Hardy beat Maven with the Twist of Fate 

Overall Rating= 71%

TV Rating= 5.80

Attendance= 10,009

Money= 400,360

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

World Heavyweight Title Match- Triple Threat Match

Chris Benoit © vs Triple H vs Chris Jericho

WWF Title Match- Steel Cage Match

Eddie Guerrero © vs Booker T w/Theodore Long

Intercontinental Title Match- Ladder Match

Shawn Michaels © vs Randy Orton

Handicap Match

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Outsiders

United States Title Match

John Cena © vs Rene Dupree

No DQ Match

Kane vs Shelton Benjamin

Finals of Raw Tag Team Tournament- Tag Team Title Match

Sex and Violence vs Hurricane and Rosey

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty © vs The Dudley Boyz

Cruiserweight Title Match

Chavo Guerrero © vs Rey Mysterio

The Undertaker vs Big Show

Edge vs Christian

Rob Van Dam vs Charlie Haas - RVD can't use the 5 Star Frog Splash in the match

Predictions Welcome!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

August 29, 2004

A large pyro display signals the start of SUMMERSLAM!

The music of Hurricane and Rosey hits the arena and we are going to kick it off with the finals of the World Tag Team Title Tournament.

World Tag Team Title Match

Hurricane and Rosey vs Sex and Violence

Hurricane starts the match with Val. Hurricane out quicks Val and hits a shoulder block, taking Val down, followed by a hip toss and a hero pose from Hurricane. Val soon returns the favor with a shoulder block of his own and an elbow drop. Val whips Hurricane to the buckle and tags in Test. Test hits a few elbows to the head in the corner and whips Hurricane to the other side. Test and Val exchange quick tags, keeping Hurricane isolated. Val goes for a powerbomb, but is countered by Hurricane into a hurricanrana. The crowd stomps their feet as Hurricane inches towards a fresh Rosey. Val makes a tag to Test, but Hurricane reaches Rosey and makes the tag! Rosey meets Test in the middle of the ring with a right hand, then clotheslines Val off the apron. Rosey picks up Test for a big slam. Rosey tags in Hurricane and Hurricane goes to the top rope and gets on Rosey's shoulders! Hurricane flies off with a big splash to Test! 1..2...Val makes the save for his team. Rosey and Test brawl through the ropes to the outside and Val and Hurricane exchange right hands in the ring. On the outside, Test chop blocks Rosey's knee. Test drags Rosey to the steps and throws Rosey's leg into it. Rosey is incapacitated on the floor. In the ring, Val ducks a Hurricane clothesline and turns it into a gut wrench powerbomb. Val makes the cover, and out of the ref's vision Test holds Hurricane's leg from the outside. 1..2..3! Test and Val grab their new tag titles and walk up the ramp with them held high.

Rob Van Dam's music hits the arena as we get set for our first Smackdown match of the night. Remember, RVD can not use the 5 Star Frog Splash in his match.

Rob Van Dam vs Charlie Haas

Haas tries to keep the match on the mat, using headlock takedowns and leg scissors to wear down RVD. Rob tries to speed up the pace with a few high kicks and a whip off the ropes, but Haas, intent on showing off his true "wrestling skills", keeps his strategy of mat based wrestling. Haas takes RVD down with a belly to belly suplex and makes a float over cover for a two. Haas seems to speed things up a bit and whips RVD off the ropes for a clothesline. RVD counters another suplex attempt and takes the legs out from under Haas. RVD drops a spinning leg drop onto Haas. RVD whips Haas to the corner and hits two shoulder blocks to the gut, followed by a flip and third. Haas wobbles out of the corner and RVD connects with a bulldog. RVD goes to the top rope seemingly to finish Haas off, but the ref reminds RVD not to use the 5 Star or he'll be disqualified. This gives Haas enough time to recover and lunge at the ropes, crotching RVD on the top. Haas goes up to the buckle and superplexes RVD off! Haas goes for a cover, but RVD kicks out at a close two. Haas cant believe it. Haas locks on a German suplex attempt, but RVD reverses it and tries one of his own, but Haas lands on his feet. Haas charges RVD, but is caught with a spinning back kick right to the face! RVD signals and goes to the top again. The ref again reminds RVD of the "No 5 Star" rule, so RVD spins around and uses a split-legged moonsault instead! RVD hits it perfectly and pins Haas for the win. After the bell, RVD has a sly look on his face and at the fans urging goes to the top rope again. RVD does the finger point, to which the crowd chants "R..V..D", and flies off the top and hits a 5 Star Frog Splash to Haas just for good measure as the crowd eats it up!

BOOM! An explosion erupts from the stage as Kane makes his way down to the ring for this No DQ match.

No Disqualifications

Kane vs Shelton Benjamin

Benjamin comes down to the ring with a trash can lid in hand, and shows no fear by going right after Kane. Benjamin smacks Kane on the head with the lid, and follows up with a dropkick that sends Big Red Machine to the floor. Kane lands on his feet, though, and doesnt look happy. Kane goes to look for a weapon under the ring, but Shelton uses the top rope to propel himself onto Kane on the outside with a plancha. Shelton hits Kane with rights and lefts, until Kane picks Shelton up and rams his back into the steel post. Kane props Shelton up and hits an uppercut that has Benjamin reeling. Kane throws Shelton back into the ring and grabs a chair before getting back in himself. Shelton staggers back to his feet as Kane sizes him up, but ducks the big swing of the weapon from Kane and super kicks the chair right into Kane's face! Shelton goes to the top rope and hits a groggy Kane with a bulldog from the top! Benjamin covers, but Kane powers out. Shelton doesnt let up, and picks up the chair. Benjmain cracks the weapon over Kane's back and does it again as Kane cringes in pain. Shelton gives Kane a DDT, but Kane kicks out at two again. Shelton looks a little desperate now. Benjamin goes to the outside to look for another weapon, and brings out a trash can. Shelton gets back in the ring but is met with a big boot to the face from Kane. Kane picks Benjamin up and hits a sidewalk slam. Kane looks over at the trash can and picks it up, then smashing it over Shelton's head. Benjamin falls to his knees, but claws at Kane's legs, trying to get back to his feet. Kane grabs Shelton by the head and drills him with a right hand. Kane grabs the chair while Benjamin still wont stay down, and cracks the chair over Benjamin's head! Shelton is busted open! Kane signals for the end, and goozles Shelton. Benjamin builds up all he has left and fights out of the hold with a kick to the groin of Kane! Kane winces in pain as Shelton runs the ropes and hits a flying clothesline. Benjamin, blood trickling down his face, motions for Kane to get up. Kane falls back into the corner and Shelton charges for a big splash, but Kane moves out of the way and Benjamin crashes into the buckle. Kane then catches Shelton and quickly gives him a chokeslam! Benjamin appears out, but Kane isnt satisfied. Kane picks up the bloody Benjamin and delivers a tombstone onto the steel chair! Kane then mercifully covers Shelton for the pin. Kane walks back up the ramp with a grin on his face as EMTs rush the ring to check on Benjamin, and the announcers talk about how they admire Shelton's courage and fortitude in the match.

After the officials clear the ring, the music of the Big Show hits as the giant makes his way to the ring. The lights then dim as the Undertaker makes his dramatic entrance to the arena for this next match.

Big Show vs The Undertaker

These two monsters had a staredown in the middle of the ring followed by exchanging right hands that Undertaker got teh better of. Taker took Show to the corner and delivered some shots to the gut and head, followed up with a choke until the ref broke it up. Taker stalked the official, allowing Show to deliver a knee to Taker's gut and hit some clubbing blows to his back. Show whipped Taker off the ropes, but Taker ducked a clothesline and hit one of his own, staggering Show. Taker bounced off the ropes again to take the giant down, but Show delivered a boot to Taker's face. Show controlled the offense for a while, using a foot choke in the corner to wear down Taker. Show gave Taker the Final Cut, but Taker kicked out at two. Show decided to end it with a chokeslam, but Taker gave him a back elbow and a flying clothesline that took Show off his feet. Taker hit a DDT for a two count. Taker gave Show a big boot and signaled for the chokeslam, but Kurt Angle came running down to ringside. As Taker sized up Show, Kurt grabbed Taker's foot. This allowed Show to recover and hit Taker with a big splash in the buckle. Show went to whip Taker, but the Deadman reversed it quickly and whipped Show into the same corner, but the ref got caught in the middle and was squished against the buckle. Taker slugged it out with Show while Angle grabbed a chair on the outside. Angle slid in the ring and whacked Taker in the back with the weapon. Taker cringed a bit, but then turned witha cold stare to Angle. Angle went to swing the chair again, but Taker met him with a right hand that sent Angle and the chair flying to the mat. Taker then caught Show in a goozle and gave him a chokeslam! Both Taker and Show lay on the mat, as that took alot out of the Deadman. As the ref began to come to, all three men in the ring began to get to their feet. Angle reached for the chair and swung at Undertaker, but he ducked and Angle nailed an already groggy Big Show! Taker then threw Angle to the outside and covered Big Show for the win. Taker struck his Deadman pose in the ring as the lights dimmed, and Angle and Show retreated back up the ramp with Angle mouthing "This isnt over."

The music of Evolution hits as Randy Orton makes his way down to the ring. The ladder is set up in the aisleway and we are ready for the Intercontinental Title match.

Intercontinental Title Match- Ladder Match

Shawn Michaels © vs Randy Orton

HBK and Orton exchanges some armbars and headlocks to start out the match, feeling eachother out. The tempo soon quickened with HBK hitting a flying forearm and a hip toss. Michaels hit Orton with a dropkick that sent Orton to the outside, and HBK went right after the ladder. HBK slid the ladder in the ring, but is met by Orton who puts the boots to him. Orton is the first to use the ladder as a weapon, picking HBK up and slamming him onto the ladder. HBK held his back in pain. Orton set the ladder up and tried to go for the title, but HBK grabbed his leg and yanked him to the mat! Michaels chopped away at Orton's chest, whipped him to the corner, and hit a tilt a whirl backbreaker. HBK gave Orton a DDT and then went for the ladder. Shawn got halfway up the rungs before Orton grabbed hold of HBK's leg. Michaels kicked Orton back down to the mat, and instead of continuing up the ladder came off the ladder with a splash to Orton! Both men were on the mat and reached their feet at the same time. Orton ducked a right hand from Michaels and hit his variation of a back breaker to Michaels. Orton grabbed the ladder, folded it up, and then charged HBK, ramming the ladder into his forehead. HBK is now bleeding from the head! Orton drove the ladder into the gut of Michaels. Orton sized Michaels up for one last charge, but Michaels hit Sweet Chin Music of out nowhere, dropping Orton and the ladder to the mat! The crowd stomped and chanted for HBK, who finally nipped up! HBK went to the top rope a delivered a flying elbow drop! HBK was feeling it now and set the ladder back up. HBK slowly inched up the ladder, and Orton got back to his feet and started to climb the other side of the ladder. HBK and Orton met at almost the peak of the ladder and exchanged slugging rights. Orton almost fell to the mat, but hung on with one hand. HBK tried to deliver one more right hand, but Orton blocked it and was able to grab HBK and hit a thunderous RKO off the ladder to the mat! Both men were down and out. Orton reached his feet first, and slinked to the ladder. Orton inched up the ring, and got to the top. Michaels finally came to and reached his feet. Orton reached for the title and got one hand on it. HBK dropkicked the ladder out from under Orton, but Orton hung on to the title with both hands and pulled the title down with him as he crashed to the mat! Orton is the IC champion! An exhausted Orton walked back up the ramp with the title in hand as a bloody Michaels looked up the sky and received a standing ovation for his effort.

After clearing the ring, the music of "The Doctor" hit the arena as US champ John Cena made his way out to the ring for a title defense.

US Title Match

Cena went right at Dupree at the bell. Cena backed Dupree into the corner with rights and lefts, follwed by a whip to the other corner and a running clothesline. Cena let his emotion take over, though, and made a mistake of trying to give an FU to Dupree too early. Dupree got out of the move and raked the eyes of Cena, taking control. Dupree hit a nice backbreaker for a two count. Dupree worked on Cena's back with elbows and forearm, and got a couple nearfalls after a sidewalk slam and spinebuster respectively. Dupree signaled for the end and set Cena up for a powerbomb. Cena blocked it and backdropped Dupree to the mat. Cena caught Dupree with a few clotheslines and the Throwback for a two count. Cena pumped up the sneakers and delivered the five knucle shuffle. Cena prepared for the FU, but after lifting Dupree up his back gave out on him, dropping Dupree to his feet. Dupree took advantage with a suplex for a close call. Dupree grew aggravated and threw Cena to the outside. Dupree walked to the time keeper and grabbed his French flag. Dupree was about to use the flag on Cena, but the ref grabbed the weapon from Dupree through the ropes and warned him of a DQ. This allowed Cena to give a boot to the gut a Dupree and a DDT on the floor! Cena rolled Dupree back in the ring and hyped the crowd up. Cena picked Dupree up for a third try at an FU. Dupree again slid out and tried a body slam, but Cena slipped out of that and finally got Dupree in the FU and there was no escaping this time. Cena hit the move and covered Dupree to successfully defend his title.

The music of the Outsiders, Hall and Nash, then hit as the two personally hired henchmen of Eric Bischoff came to the ring. Glass shattered and Stone Cold Steve Austin stalked to the ring to a huge ovation. Steve stopped in the aisle, though, and asked for a mic.

Austin: Now I know you boys are lookin forward to a Rattlesnake ass whippin, but there's a little business to take care of first. As much as I want to get in the ring and beat the hell out of both of ya, I wont lie and say that I'm at a hundred percent after you bastards blindsided me on Raw a few weeks ago. So I went to the Board of Directors this week, and being the assistant GM on Raw I do have a little bit of stroke. So I asked them if it would be alright for Stone Cold to have a little backup plan. And the plan, in the interest of fairness, was for this handicap match to be changed to a tag match! So let me introduce to you sons of bitches my tag team partner.

IF YA SMELL.....The Rock walked out from the curtain!! The Rock is here! He and Austin met in the aisle as Nash and Hall looked on in disbelief and then charged the ring together.

The Outsiders vs Steve Austin and The Rock

Rock and Austin charged Nash and Hall at the bell, knocking both men out of the ring with right hands. Nash and Hall still seemed shocked on the outside as Austin and Rock waited in the ring. As the ref got control of the match, it was Hall who stepped into the ring with Austin. Hall and Austin exchanged some holds and locks, with Hall getting the advantage and going to work on Austin’s back and neck. Hall laid some elbows to Austin back and tagged in big Nash. Nash bullied Austin into the corner and hit a few back elbows of his own and choked Austin with his boot. Austin blocked a right hand and threw Nash into the buckle, unleashing some big rights and lefts himself, before whipping him into the other corner and taking him down with a clothesline. The Rock tagged in to a big pop. Rock clotheslined Nash and hit an atomic drop. Hall rushed into the ring and got one as well. Rock then banged both Hall and Nash’s heads together. Rock threw Hall back to the outside, but was attacked from behind by Nash. Nash hit a sidewalk slam and tagged in Hall. Hall gave the boots to Rock and got a two count with a fallaway slam. Hall and Nash exchanged tags a few more times, preventing Rock from making a tag. Finally, with Hall in the ring, Rock ducked a clothesline and gave Hall a DDT. With both men on the mat Rock inched towards Austin while Hall reached for Nash. Rock got the hot tag to Austin first! Austin charged the ring and knocked Nash off the apron, preventing a tag to Hall. Austin whipped Hall of the ropes for a back body drop. Hall cowered in the corner, and Austin stomped a mud hole in him. Austin waited for Hall to get up and hit the Stunner out of nowhere! 1..2..Nash broke up the pin. The Rock got back in the ring and brawled with Nash, as Austin did so with Hall. Austin took Hall down and sized him up for another Stunner. Nash went to attack Austin from behind, but Rock slid in front of him and planted him with a Rock Bottom! Rock rolled Nash out of the ring and allowed Austin to hit Hall with a second Stone Cold Stunner and pick up the win! The Outsiders walked back up the ramp, Hall holding his head and Nash with a scowl on his face, as Austin and Rock celebrate in the ring.

The cage was then lowered from the rafters of the arena in preparation for the WWF Title match.

WWF Championship Match- Cage Match

Eddie Guerrero © vs Booker T w/Theodore Long

Eddie and Booker have a face to face staredown in the middle of the ring as the bell sounds. Booker is the first to land a strike and back Eddie to a corner. Booker gives Eddie a boot to the gut and whips him in to the opposite buckle. Booker had the advantage early, using backbreaker submissions to wear down Eddie. Booker went to whip Eddie off the ropes, but Eddie held on. Booker charged Eddie, but Eddie ducked and backdropped Booker into the cage! Booker is the first to taste the steel! Eddie continued his attack and rammed Booker’s head into the cage. Eddie whipped Booker off the ropes and clothesline him to the mat. Eddie decided to go to the top rope early, but it was too early and Booker crotched Eddie on the top. Booker followed Eddie onto the top buckle and slammed his head into the steel, and followed it up with a big superplex! Both men were down. Booker was first to his feet and tried to get out of the cage by exiting the door. Booker slid on his belly to the door and got his head and arms out before Eddie grabbed Book’s leg and pulled him back in. Eddie went to wrap Booker up in the Lasso from El Passo, but Booker kicked Eddie away and tried to slide out the door again. This time Eddie reached over Booker’s body and slammed the door into his face! Eddie pulled Booker up to his feet and hit the Three Amigos. Eddie danced around, feeling it from the crowd. Eddie pointed to the cage and started to climb it. He got almost to the top before Booker, up on the top rope, grabbed his leg. Eddie kicked Booker off and Book landed hard to the mat. Instead of going out the cage, though, Eddie looked down at Booker and got to the top of the cage, and came off with a Frog Splash from the top of the cage! But Booker moved out of the way and Eddie slammed to the mat, clutching his stomach. Booker used the opportunity to bounce off the ropes and hit the Axe Kick to the back of Eddie head! Both men, exhausted, lay on the mat. Booker used the ropes on one end of the ring to get up and Eddie did the same on the other end. Upon seeing eachother on their feet, Booker and Eddie charged eachother and laid each other out with a double clothesline. Both men were again down. Eddie was first to get to his feet and started to climb the cage! As he got halfway, Booker began to slink towards the door. Both men were attempting to escape the cage. Eddie got one leg over the cage as Booker reached the door. Theodore Long was screaming for Booker on the outside. Eddie got his second leg over and began to go down the cage. Thedore Long pushed the ref at the door down and reached for Booker’s hand and arm. Booker inched halfway out the door with Teddy pulling him on, but Eddie dropped to the mat from the cage and retained his title.

The main event of the night was up next, with the World Heavyweight Championship on the line.

World Heavyweight Championship Match- Triple Threat

Chris Benoit © vs Triple H vs Chris Jericho

At the bell, Benoit went right after Triple H. He and HHH brawled around the ring with Jericho looking on. Benoit wrapped Trips up and gave him a release German suplex, but Jericho then made a cover. Triple H kicked out and Benoit confronted Jericho about the pin. Benoit shoved Jericho and Jericho replied with a chop to the chest. Jericho got a few more chops in before Benoit reversed roles and hit Jericho with a few. Triple H attacked Benoit from behind and clubbed him with blows to the back. Jericho then clotheslined both Triple H and Benoit to the outside as the brawled by the ropes. Jericho then laid both men out with a plancha on the floor! This back and forth brawling went on for a good portion of the match, with each man getting a pin fall only to have in broken up by the third man. As the match winded down, Triple H ducked a clothesline from Benoit and the Crippler nailed the ref by mistake. Triple H downed Benoit with a spine buster while Jericho slumped in a corner. Trips went to the outside and grabbed a chair. HHH got back in the ring and cracked the chair over Benoit’s back! Triple H sized him up for another shot, but Jericho gave HHH a bulldog from behind. Jericho ran the ropes and gave Trips the Lionsault! But there was no ref to make the count. Triple H rolled to the outside as Benoit began to stir. Jericho went to check on the ref when Benoit saw the chair in the ring along with Jericho. Benoit picked up the chair…..and waffled Jericho in the head with it as Jericho turned back around! Benoit then slapped on the Crossface, but Jericho was out cold. The groggy ref lifted Jericho’s arm, and after it fell back to the mat called for the bell. Benoit had retained his title, but by some very shady means. Benoit held the title high in the air in the aisle as SummerSlam came to a close.

PPV Notes

Overall Rating= 70%

Buyrate= 1.91

Attendance= 20,357

$= 1,221,420

* Due to time constraints, the WWF Tag Title match, Cruiserweight Title match, and Edge vs Christian were bumped from the show. They will be seen on their respective brand's shows this week.

* Rob Van Dam gained overness and Charlie Haas lost overness from their feud ending.

* Kane gained overness and Shelton Benjamin lost overness from their feud ending.

* Randy Orton gained overness and Shawn Michaels lost overness from their feud ending.

* John Cena gained overness and Rene Dupree lost overness from their feud ending.

* Eddie Guerrero and Booker T both gained overness from their feud ending.

Emails

"Val Venis and Test work well as a team together"- Road Agent

"RVD was working too stiffly. I could have been hurt"- Charlie Haas

"I think I should be higher up the card"- Shawn Michaels

"Me and Rene Dupree dont really 'click'. How about bokking me in some matches   with somone like Mark Jindrak?"- John Cena

"Steve Austin and The Rock work well together"- Road Agent

"That last feud went very well. It helped me get more over"- Eddie Guerrero

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

Off the heels of SummerSlam, Raw comes to you live this Monday!

at SummerSlam, Chris Benoit retained his World title under some shady circumstances, using a chair to the head of Chris Jericho. What will both these men, as well as Triple H, have to say on Raw?

Plus, in a match originally scheduled for SummerSlam, Edge will take on Christian one on one.

Also, at SummerSlam Randy Orton regained the Intercontinental Title in an epic ladder match with Shawn Michaels. Although HBK will not be in attendance, Orton will be on hand to watch as ten Raw superstars battle for a shot at his newly won title in a 10-man Battle Royal.

All this, plus appearances by Steve Austin, The Outsiders, Kane, and more. Be sure to check out Raw!

Guest Prototype

user posted image

August 30, 2004

Raw starts out with the theme of “The Game” Triple H, who comes stalking out to the ring, wasting no time in getting there. He snatches a mic and begins to speak.

Triple H Wants Benoit

HHH: Last night at SummerSlam I was screwed out of the World Title! First I’m thrown into a Triple Threat that should have been a one on one match, and then I lose the match because Chris Jericho gets pinned?! I was never pinned, yet I lose my shot at the title? Bulls***! I want what is rightfully mine. I want the World Heavyweight Title! I want Chris Benoit here tonight! So Benoit, if you got the guts, why don’t you…..

Triple H is cut off by the music of the World Champ, Chris Benoit, who appears on the top of the ramp with the World title over his shoulder and a mic in hand.

Benoit: Triple H, you want to come out here and talk about being screwed? You of all people have no right to talk. What goes around comes around, and that’s exactly what happened at SummerSlam! I told you that I would do anything to keep my title and that I would walk out of SummerSlam still the champion, and I did. But if it takes one more match to shut you up for good, you’ve got it! I’ve made you tap before, Triple H, and tonight I will do it again!

Benoit then goes back behind the curtain as Triple H is scowling in the ring at Benoit’s remarks, but he does have his match! Triple H vs Benoit for the title tonight!

The music of Sean O’Haire then hits the arena as Bobby Heenan leads his client out to the ring for the opening match.

Sean O’Haire w/Bobby Heenan vs Billy Gunn

Billy is in singles action while his partner Road Dogg recovers from an injury. The veteran Gunn takes an early advantage on the young O’Haire, taking him down a few times with a clothesline and hip toss. Gunn hits a flying splash in the corner onto O’Haire and hits a bulldog for a two. O’Haire ducks a clothesline and nearly takes Gunn’s head off with a super kick. O’Haire gives Gunn a back breaker and a leg drop for a nearfall. O’Haire signals for the Prophecy, but Gunn slips out and gives Sean a boot to the gut. Gunn tried for the Fame-Ass-Er, but O’Haire rises up out of the way. O’Haire tries to whip Gunn into the corner, but Gunn reverses it. Billy charges the corner for another flying splash, but O’Haire moves out of the way. After Gunn crashes to the buckle, O’Haire hits him with the Prophecy for the win.

I’M BACK…..Raw GM Eric Bischoff makes an appearance in the arena and makes his way to the ring. He then asks for a mic.

Bischoff Is Not Happy

Eric: If I could have your attention, I have something to say. You see, despite what some of you or some of the wrestlers in the back think, I AM the General Manager of Raw. And that means, despite what you may think, that I have supreme power over this brand. Now last night at SummerSlam I had made a match between Steve Austin and the Outsiders. But Austin decided to go behind my back, get in with the Board of Directors, and change the match to a tag match. Then, he goes and gets the Rock as a partner, without clearing it with me so that I could properly promote it or even make a decision on it. So Steve, I have something to say to you and I want to do it in a way you were too much of a coward to do last night. Face to face! Now get out here!

The glass shatters and out comes the Rattlesnake to a big ovation. Austin stands at the top of the ramp and salutes the crowd before addressing Biscoff.

Austin: You got something to say to me?

Eric: As a matter of fact I do. As I was saying, you went behind me back and made an under the table deal last night. You need to understand, Steve, that I am the GM on Raw. Not you! You are my assistant, not the other way around. I am higher in the pecking order than you are, Steve, and that means I can tell you to do what I want, when I want, and you can’t do a damn thing about it. Now granted, you were able to use a loophole to your advantage last night, but not this time. I am going to go ahead and make the first match for Unforgiven, and that match will be you, Stone Cold, one on one against one of the Outsiders! No handicap match, no tag match, just mano e mano!

Austin: Well Eric, I don’t have a problem with that. I whipped both their asses last night at SummerSlam, so I see no reason why I cant whip just one of their asses at Unforgiven just for good measure!

Eric: There’s just one other thing, Steve. You see, because of your dealings at SummerSlam, you have put your job in jeopardy in my eyes. So at Unforgiven, in you match, if you lose that match, you will lose your position as Assistant Raw GM! Or in other words, Austin, you’ll be FIRED!

Austin: Biscoff, you can make all the stipulations you want. The bottom line is that at Unforgiven Stone Cold Steve Austin is gonna open up a can of whoop ass on the Outsiders, and after I beat one of those sons of bitches, I gurantee I ‘m going to keep on raising hell as only Steve Austin can do right here on Raw! And that’s the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so!

Austin then drops the mic and gives Biscoff a double bird before saluting the crowd and walking back behind the curtain.

We now go to the interview area where Mark Lloyd is standing by with Randy Orton.

Interview with Randy Orton

Mark: I am standing here with the new Intercontinental champion, Randy Orton. Randy, what a match you and Shawn Michaels had last night, and I just wanna…

Orton: Mark, Mark, Mark, let’s not live in the past. Shawn Michaesls is old news. I told everyone that I was the “Legend Killer” and I proved that by beating Shawn in his own match last night, a ladder match. And in the process, became a two-time Intercontinental champion. So let’s concentrate on the here and now, let’s concentrate on the future, and the future is Randy Orton.

Mark: Well, speaking of the future, tonight there is going to be a ten-man battle royal to determine the number one contender for your IC title. Do you have a preference on who you might like to see win that battle royal?

Orton: It doesn’t matter who it is, Mark. You should have leaned that by now. In fact, I feel kind of sorry for those ten guys, because after fighting and clawing their way through nine other wrestlers just to get a shot at me and my title, it will all end up being for nothing when they meet me in the ring and fall victim to an RKO. So whoever it is, bring on your challenge, because you’ll just end up like all the rest of them- just another name on the Legend Killer’s list.

We then go back to the arena where the leader of X-Rated, Christian, makes his way out for a one on one match with his brother, Edge.

Christian vs Edge

Edge came out to a good pop and raced right to the ring and attacked Christian at the bell. Edge whipped Christian into the ropes for a high back-body drop followed up by a DDT for a two count. Christian raked the eyes of Edge to gain the advantage, and planted Edge with his version of a reverse DDT. Christian then hit Edge with a backbreaker for a two count. Christian knocked Edge down with a right hand and went up to the top rope. Christian came off with a flying axe handle, but Edge met him with a boot to the gut and hit the Edgecution! Edge covers for 1..2…Christian drapes his foot on the ropes. Edge pickd Christian back up and suplexes him to the mat. Edge waits in the corner, setting Christian up for a Spear. Rhyno then came running down to ringside and jumped up onto the apron. Edge tried to go after Rhyno, but the ref got between them. Christian used the opportunity to attack Edge from behind. As the ref still argued with Rhyno, Christian locked Edge in the Unprettier. Edge was able to power out of it, however, and shoved Christian into the ropes, colliding with Rhyno on the apron! Rhyno fell to the floor and as Christian turned around was met with a Spear from Edge, who covered him for the three!

As Rhyno helps Christian to the back, we cut to Eric Biscoff's office where The Outsiders walk in.

Nash Wants Austin

Eric: Gentlemen, glad you could join me. I wanted to talk to you about Unforgiven. Now I know last night didnt go as planned, but I want things to go differently this time. Because we have a chance to get rid of Austin for good.

Nash: Stop right there boss. We heard all about your match for Unforgiven. And let me tell ya something, me and Scotty will get the job done. We would have run Austin into the ground last night if it wasn't for Rock.

Hall: We weren't prepared, mane. We woulda smacked Austin around all night chico.

Nash: But Eric, I ask you this. Let me be the one to end Austin's career. I gurantee, in all his years, he aint never met anyone like Big Sexy. Plus, it wasnt me who got Stunnered last night. He aint gonna pull that stuff on me, no offense Scott.

Hall: (just gives a scowl)

Eric: I like that enthusiasm. Then at Unforgiven, it will be Steve Austin versus Kevin Nash, with Austin's career in the line.

Nash: Thanks, you wont regret it.

Hall: Too sweet, mane.

We come back to the arena where Test and Val Venis, the new tag team champs, make their entrance for the first title defense.

World Tag Team Title Match

Sex and Violence © vs A-Train and Tajiri

Val starts off with Tajiri. Tajiri actually gets Val off base with some kicks to the mid section. Tajiri hits a handspring back elbow for a surprising two count. A-Train tags in and uses power moves on Val, hitting a sidewalk slam. Val ducks a clothesline and gives Train a neckbreaker, allowing him to tag in Test. Test goes to work on Train, giving a few right hands and running his knee into the gut of Train in the corner. A-Train moves out of the way of a boot, crotching Test on the ropes. Train picks Test up and hits the Baldo Bomb! Train covers, but Val breaks it up at two. Tajiri enters the ring and brawls with Val, sending him through the ropes with a swift kick. A-Train holds Test up and Tajiri tries to mist his eyes, but Test ducks and the green substance blinds A-Train. Test clotheslines Tajiri out of the ring and then nails the blinded Train with the Big Boot to pick up the win. As he and Val walk up the ramp, A-Train argues with Tajiri. Tajiri then hauls off with a kick to the groin of Train, and then gives him the Kick of Death to the head before walking up the ramp spewing some heated Japanese words.

We are then told we wil be joined via satellite by Chris Jericho, who is off tonight after suffering amild concussion at SummerSlam.

Jericho Via Satellite

Jericho: Last night at SummerSlam, I was this close, this close, to becoming the World Champion. And it wasn't the fact that I lost that has been on my mind all day, it was how I lost. And how I lost was by a steel chair to the head from a toothless bastard named Chris Benoit! Now Benoit, I used to consider you a friend, an amigo, but the guy I know never had to use steel chairs behind the ref's back to get a win. Now, not only am I not the champion, but Im sitting here with a mild concussion. But you know something Chris, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm going to give you a chance to explain yourself. So next week, like on Raw, I will be hosting a special edition of the Highlight Reel! And my guest will be you, Chris. And I will confront you, man to man, and ask you straight up why you decided to do what you did at SummerSlam. And all I have to say, daddy-o, is that it had better be good!

We are now set for our battle royal. A few of the entrants are already in the ring, and all total there are ten superstars: Batista, Matt Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, Jeff Hardy, Chuck Palumbo, Rhyno, Hurricane, Rosey, Maven, and Stevie Richards.

10-Man Battle Royal for #1 Contendership to the IC Title

This was your typical battle royal in the beginning, with all ten men going at it. In the early goings, it was Hurricane who was hot, calling on his super powers to eliminate three superstars, Palumbo, Richards, and Maven. Soon, the remaining six men ganged up on Batista to eliminate the Evolution member after a struggle from the monster. Rosey and Jeff Hardy where then later eliminated, leaving Matt, Shelton, Rhyno, and Hurricane as the final four. Hurricane and Rhyno paired off and Matt and Shelton did the same. Rhyno charged Hurricane with a clothesline, but Rhyno went over the top with him, going to the floor. Hurricane held on to the top rope and pulled himself back in, but Matt Hardy gave Hurricane a quick dropkick and Rhyno pulled the top rope down to help eliminate him. It was down to Hardy and Shelton. Matt and Benjamin brawled for a bit until Matt set Shelton up for the Twist of Fate. Shelton pushed Matt away into the ropes, and then ran Hardy all the way across the ring and threw him over the top. Matt skinned the cat to hold on, but then turned right around into a super kick from Benjamin that sent him to the floor! After a grueling match at SummerSlam, Shelton Benjamin is the number one contender!

We then go to the hallway where we see an angry Kane stalking the aisle. He then busts in to Eric Bischoff's office.

Kane Wants Jericho

Kane: Bischoff! I want Chris Jericho! Where is he?

Eric: He's not here tongith Kane. You know that.

Kane: He promised me the first title shot after he won the World title, only he didnt win the title last night did he?

Eric: No, no he didnt. But I dont know what you want me to do about it.

Kane stares Eric down and then punches a hole in the wall right beside Eric's head! Kane then turns and walks out, much to the relief of Bischoff.

We are now set for the main event, as Triple H makes his entrance to the ring, followed by the World Cahmpion Chris Benoit, and it's on.

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Chris Benoit © vs Triple H

Triple H came to the ring with Ric Flair. Benoit and Trips started out exchanging arm bars and headlocks, feeling eachother out. The tension was definately in the air. Triple H gained an advantage and controlled a portion of the match, hitting a knee to the face and a neckbreaker for a two count. Benoit fought back, chopping Trips in the corner and nearly locking on the Crossface, but Triple H got to the ropes quickly. Triple H then slid to the outside, but Benoit followed him out. Trips slid back in the ring and held up the ref while Flair chop blocked the knee of Benoit! Triple H went to the outside and put the boots to Benoit, then slammed his leg and knee into the steel steps. Trips rolled Benoit into the ring and controlled the match for a while then on. Triple H locked Benoit into the Indian Death Lock and sinched it on. Benoit yelled in pain, reaching for the ropes. Benoit fought through and reversed the hold, putting the pressure on Trips. Triple H released the hold, and with both men hobbling Benoit mounted his comeback. Benoit chopped at Trips, and then hit a snap suplex for a two count. Benoit ducked a clothesline and hit three German suplexes! Benoit signaled for the end, and Flair jumped up on the apron with the title belt! As the ref tried to get Flair down, he threw the belt into the ring. Benoit went to the top tope as Trips reached for the belt, unknown to Benoit. Benoit flew from the top with a headbutt, but Triple H shielded himself with the title and Benoit's head crashed onto the belt! Flair jumped down off the apron as both men were on the mat. After a few moments, Triple H inched over and draped an arm over Benoit. 1..2..two and a half! Benoit barely got a shoulder up! Both Trips and Flair couldn't believe it! Triple H got to his feet and tried to pick Benoit up for the Pedigree. Benoit fell to one knee, though, seemingly exhausted. Triple H picked Benoit to his feet again, but Benoit wrapped Triple H in a cradle! Benoit has the tights! 1..2..3! Benoit retains his World Title. Benoit walked up the ramp with his title as Triple H sat in the ring shocked. Flair threw his jacket and Trips shook with anger as Benoit held the title in the air to end the show.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 81%

TV Rating= 5.98

Attendance= 10,049

$= 401,960

*Jericho gained overness from his segment.

*Kane gained overness from his segment.

*Benoit gained overness and Triple H lost overness from their feud ending.

E-Mails

"Tajiri was working too stiffly."- Val Venis

"I think Chris Jericho would be a great opponent for me. How about booking us in some matches?"- Shawn Michaels

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

News Report

* Lance Storm has returned from his injury.

* Vince McMahan has announced that he will retire in one month!

* Billy Gunn, Sakoda, and OVW talent Kelly all have one month left on their contracts. Gunn and Sakoda are expected to have their contracts renewed.

* The WWF made $2,400,000 on merchandise sales this month. Their Public Image and overall money has risen this month.

* The September PPV will be a Raw-only event- Unforgiven

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 2, 2004

Cruiserweight Championship Match

Chavo Guerrero © vs Rey Mysterio

Smackdown starts right off with this Cruiserweight title match. Rey seems to have the extra spring in his step early and takes Chavo down with a few hip tosses and a head scissors takedown. Chavo charges Rey, but is thrown through the ropes to the floor. A frustrated Chavo slaps the mat in anger, but pulls himself back together and grabs Rey's legs, taking him down and drags him to the steel post and slams his leg into it. Chavo gets back in the ring and goes to work on Rey's leg, putting the boots to it and controlling the match with submission holds. Chavo hits a brainbuster on Rey, but only gets a two. Chavo goes to the top rope looking to end it, but misses a splash and lands on the mat. A hobbling Rey takes advantage and dropkicks Chavo in the head, then "drops the dime", but only gets a two. Rey goes to the outside and hops up on the top rope, and connects with a hurricanrana into a pin! 1..2..Chavo somehow kicks out. Rey drops Chavo onto the middle rope and signals for the 619. Rey runs the ropes, but Chavo ducks out of the way of the move. As Rey spins back into the ring and lands on his feet, Chavo rolls him up. Chavo has his legs on the ropes and gets the three. Chavo takes his title and walks back up the aisle, leaving a dejected Rey in the ring.

"Chill Out, Dude"

We then go the back where Booker T is walking around the halls with Theodore Long. They seem to be talking about something when Rob Van Dam walks by and brushes shoulder with Booker. RVD then turns to Booker.

Booker: What the....

RVD: Hey, Book. Hey man, that was a great cage match at SummerSlam you had with Eddie. You were so close to winning the WWF title. I was on the edge of my seat. Just think, if you had won your match, like I did, you'd be the WWF champion right now!

Theodore: Listen here, playa. I think if you knew what was good for ya, you'd shut ya hole and take a stroll.

RVD: Whoa, chill out dude. Hey, me and Book used to be partners. I know what kind of athlete he is, and I'm sure that one day he could become the WWF champion. Just keep on trucking, man. (slaps Booker on the shoulder)

Booker: Man, take your hands off me sucka! You wouldn't know what it was like to be competing for the WWF title anyway. You'd be lucky to be half the superstar I am. Now get ta steppin, before I slap that smirk off your face, sucka.

RVD: (with a laugh) You need to learn to relax, Book.

RVD walks off as Booker and Theodore look like they can't believe what RVD just said.

United States Title Match

This was a rematch from SummerSlam, demanded by Dupree. Rene looked like he wasn't going to waste this second opportunity, going to work on Cena with blows to the back and right hands to the jaw. Dupree gives Cena a sidewalk slam for an early two. Cena ducks a clothesline and lets loose with a right hand of his own, followed by a body slam. Cena gives Dupree a boot to the gut and follows up with the Throwback. Cena then pumps up the sneaks and hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle, but only for a two. Cena goes for the FU, but Dupree slips out and hits Cena with a spinebuster. Dupree then locks on the Boston Crab. Dupree wrenches back as Cena reaches for the ropes. Cena inches closer and finally gets the bottom rope, forcing Dupree to release the hold. Dupree doesn't let up, hitting Cena with a piledriver. Dupree does his French dance and signals for the end. Dupree picks Cena up for the Dupree Driver, but he may have taken a little too long to taunt because Cena slips out of the hold and hits the FU out of nowhere! Cena crawls over to cover Dupree and gets the win. As Cena celebrates in the ring, JBL comes running down to the ring. As Cena turns around, he gets blasted with the Clothesline from Hell! What was that about? JBL picks up the US title and then throws down onto Cena before gesturing to the crowd to a chorus of boos and leaving the ring.

Words from the Undertaker

We then go to a dark room where the Phenom stands in his coat and hat, and the speaks from under his brim.

Undertaker: This past Sunday at SummerSlam, there was some unfinished business left behind. The Big Show stared into the eyes of the Deadman, and met his fate, but it was Kurt Angle who the Creatures truly want. Angle, you've taken it upon yourself to make it your lot in life to take down the Undertaker. Many have tried before, and all have been laid to rest. What makes you think you will be any different? Kurt Angle, you can surround yourself with all the protection you want. But soon, one by one, they will fall at your feet, until only you are left to face the Reaper. And in that moment, you will look into my eyes and realize your fate has been sealed. Kurt Angle, you will rest...in....peace.

Kurt is Not Intimidated

We then cut to Kurt Angle's office where Angle sits in his chair, watching a monitor, with Big Show and Matt Morgan standing at his sides.

Angle: Does the Undertaker think that scares me? I refuse to be bullied or intimidated by the Undertaker's head games. So he can roll his eyes into the back of his head? So what! I'm an Olympic gold medalist, I'm a former WWF champion, I'm the GM of Smackdown for goodness sakes! And if I say something, you can bank on it coming true. This is not over with the Undertaker. Oh no. In fact, I have an idea. The Undertaker wants to play games? I'll play. Tonight, I'm putting him in a match. A handicap match against....you two, Big Show and Morgan. And listen to me, boys, and listen close. I want the Undertaker out of the WWF by any means! Show me why I'm paying you! Now go get ready.

Show: No problem.

Angle: (staring at the wall) It's not over, Undertaker. It's not over by a long shot. Oh it's true. It's damn true.

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty © vs The Dudley Boyz

Rikishi came out with his leg wrapped after the attack by the Dudleys last week. Scotty started the match with Bubba. Bubba overpowered Scotty early on, using axe handles to the back and a hard body slam to weaken Scotty. Bubba and D-Von exchanged quick tags, and D-Von scored a nearfall after a "Wassup" from the top. The Dudleys would double team Scotty when Rikishi would try to complain to the ref and kept Scotty in their corner. Scotty fought back and hit both Dudleys with a double clothesline. Scotty inched over to his corner and made the tag to Kish. Rikishi gave a super kick to D-Von, sending him through the ropes and to the floor, and gave Bubba a belly to belly suplex. Rikishi set Bubba up and gave him the Rikishi Driver! 1..2..D-Von made the save. This brought in Scotty and all four men brawled in the ring. Bubba was in the corner and Rikishi charged for an avalanche, but Bubba moved and then clotheslined Rikishi to the floor, taking himself with him. As D-Von and Scotty exchanged blows in the ring, Bubba snuck over to the time keeper's table and grabbed a chair. As Rikishi got to his feet, Bubba came from behind and rammed the edge of the chair into Rikishi's injured leg! Bubba again rammed the chair into Rikishi's leg as he lay on the floor. Rikishi was in obvious pain, and Bubba then slid back into the ring and helped give Scotty the 3D! As the ref ushered Bubba out of the ring, D-Von covered Scotty. Rikishi struggled to get back to his feet and make the save, but was unable to do so in time as the ref made the three count. The Dudleys are the new tag team champions!

Rob Van Dam vs Jamie Noble

Noble attacked Van Dam as Rob was playing to the crowd. Noble put some boots to the gut of Rob in the corner and hit a snap suplex with a float over for a two. Noble stayed on Van Dam with a leg drop. Van Dam ducked a running clothesline from Noble, then leapfrogged him and caught him with a monkey flip off the ropes. Van Dam swept the legs out from under Noble and came down with a standing moonsault for a nearfall. Van Dam suplexed Noble to the mat and then leaped to the top rope. Van Dam attempted a split-legged moonsault, but Noble moved and Rob crashed to the mat. Noble picked Van Dam up and hit a tiger powerbomb, but Rob kicked out at a close two. Noble couldnt believe it. Jamie went to the top rope and came off wth a flying axe handle, but Van Dam met him with a spin kick to the face! Noble fell flat to the canvas, and RVD jumped up to the top rope and connected with the Five Star for the win. As Rob celebrated with the crowd with his RVD finger point, Booker T ran down to the ring with a chair and smacked RVD in the back with it! Booker grabbed Van Dam and gave him the Bookend! Teddy Long stood over RVD talking smack as Booker stared at the fallen Van Dam and actually spit towards him on the ground before leaving the ring area.

The Undertaker vs Big Show and Matt Morgan

Show and Morgan came at Taker after he had taken off his coat and hat, but Taker fended both of them off with rights and lefts. Taker took Morgan to the corner and barraged him with punches, but Show attacked him from behind. The ref finally got Morgan to the arpon leaving Show and Taker in the ring. Show threw Taker to the corner and choked him with his boot. Show tagged in Morgan who gave Taker a few back elbows in the buckle and a suplex. Morgan covered for a two. Morgan whipped Taker to the ropes, but Taker ducked a big boot and hit a flying clothesline to Morgan. Taker sat up and gave Morgan a big boot of his own. Show tried to get involved, but Taker cut him off with an uppercut and clotheslined him to the outside. Morgan got to his feet and Taker grabbed him in a goozle and delivered a chokeslam! This brought Kurt Angle to the stage, distracting Taker from making the cover. Morgan made the tag to Show, who attacked Taker from behind again. Show grabbed Taker and gave him the Final Cut to the approval of Angle. Kurt decided to get a closer look and walked down to ringside. Show picked Taker up and grabbed him by the throat. Show told Angle "this is for you" but Taker grabbed hold of Show's throat as well. Show's eyes bulged out of his head as Angle jumped up on the apron and distracted the referee. Morgan came into the ring and gave Taker a low blow! This allowed Show to give Taker the chokeslam. Show covered the Deadman, and as the ref struck the mat Angle held on to Taker's foot from the outside! Just as the ref hit the mat for three, Taker was able to break the pin, but it was too late. Angle's help has given Show and Morgan the win. Undertaker sat up, looking very angry, and stared down the threesome as the walked back up the ramp, Kurt Angle with a smile on his face.

Eddie Celebrates

The WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero then comes into the arena in his lowrider to a huge ovation. Eddie gets into the ring and asks for a mic.

Eddie: O le lai! Yea homes, I like this. Last Sunday at SummerSlam I defended this title in a steel cage match, homes. And you know, even though steel cage matches can be career shortening matches, and that steel hurt like hell homes, despite all that I feel better than ever esse! Latino Heat ran wild at SummerSlam and I am still the WWF champion. So if you ask me, that's reason to celebrate homes! So we're going to party tonight, esse. O Le lai!

The lights then go out in the arena. A video plays on the screen, the same video we have seen in the past few weeks and then the word "Nevermore" flashes on the screen. The lights then come back on and someone is standing in front of Eddie. He boots Eddie in the gut and gives him a DDT! It's Raven! Eddie lies on the mat motionless as Raven stands over him with the crucifix pose. The show ends with Raven standing over the fallen WWF champion, and both the crowd and announcers are speechless.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 81%

TV Rating= 5.79

Attendance= 10,040

$= 410,600

* Booker T lost ovenress from his segment.

* Raven gained overness in his debut.

* The Cruiserweight and Tag Team titles gained image.

E-Mails

"Me and Rene Dupree dont really 'click'. How about booking me against someone like Mark Jindrak?"- John Cena

"I'd like to request a few matches with Kevin Nash. I think we could do some good stuff together."- Triple H

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 4, 2004

Travis Bane beat Sylvain Genier after Rob Conway's interference backfired

Ultimo Dragon beat Funaki with the Asai DDT

A video is played of Raven's debut this week on Smackdown, attacking Eddie Guerrero

Victoria beat Molly to retain the Women's title. Post match saw Lance Storm return and attack Victoria, then help Molly up the ramp as Stevie Richards rushed to Victoria's aid

A promo by Shawn Michaels was shown, saying that he would be back at Raw this Monday

Mark Jindrak w/Sable beat Orlando Jordan with the MJ Delight

The Thrillseekers beat The Basham Brothers after the London Calling

Jeff Hardy w/Lita beat Garrison Cade with the Swanton Bomb

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 71%

TV Rating= 6.04

Attendance= 10,023

$= 400,920

E-Mails

"I'd like to work with Randy Orton at some stage."- Edge

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This week on Raw, Chris Jericho will be looking for answers from World Champion Chris Benoit about his actions at SummerSlam when Benoit visits the Highlight Reel.

Speaking of Jericho, he will go one on one with the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair.

In addition, HBK Shawn Michaels will make his return to Raw in singles action.

All this, plus we have been told that none other than Vince McMahon has a major announcement to make!

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

September 6, 2004

Raw kicks off with the usual pyro, and as the fans await the first match we hear…..

“NO CHANCE, THAT’S WHAT YA GOT!” WWF Chairman Vince McMahon is here! Vince struts to the ring as only Vince can and grabs a mic.

Vince Has an Announcement

Vince: Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. I’m here tonight because I have a very important announcement to make. You see, it was many years ago that I had a vision. A vision that became the WWF, the number one sports entertainment company in the world! In fact, it was almost eleven years ago that I started this very program. So it is fitting that I return to this program to make this announcement. You see, I feel, with all my great accomplishments, that I have left an undeniable mark on our business. And truthfully, I don’t think I have anything left to prove. I’ve beaten the odds, I’ve put my enemies out of business, and I’ve put a stranglehold on the wrestling industry! I have no business left to finish. So therefore, tonight I am announcing that I am retiring from active duty in the WWF. At the end of this month, I will retire to my mansion in Hartford and finally enjoy the fruits of my labor! And let it be known, as I make my exit from the spotlight, that because of Vincent Kennedy McMahon, the wrestling world will never be the same. Thank you!

As Vince goes to leave the ring, a familiar theme hits the arena. The crowd pops huge! Could it be? Yes, it is! It’s Bret Hart! Bret “The Hitman” Hart appears on the stage. Vince has a look of total disbelief on his face. The crowd chants “Hitman” until the finally quiet enough for Bret to speak.

Bret: Ya know, it’s been a long time. It’s been a long time since I’ve stepped foot in a WWF arena. And you know, a few years back I vowed to never do that exact thing ever again. But when I heard that you, Vince, were retiring something in me kept pulling and tugging on the inside, telling me that if there ever was a time to come back, one last time, it was now.

Vince: Well…uh….Bret it certainly is a pleasant surprise to see you here.

Bret: Shut up! Vince, you said you had done everything you had set out to do, that you had no unfinished business. Well the way I see it, you do have some unfinished business, and you’re looking at it! I know you probably wanted to retire quietly and bask in all you’ve done, but that’s not gonna happen. You are going to answer for all the underhanded deals you’ve made, all the wrestlers in the back that you’ve screwed, and most importantly you’re going to answer to me! See I talked to the board of directors and learned that until the end of the month you are still an active competitor in the WWF. And I heard that the next Pay-Per-View was titled “Unforgiven.” Well that’s a pretty fitting title, because at Unforgiven it’s going to be, after seven years in the making, me and you in the ring one on one! And Vince, I know you would want to go out in a blaze of glory, so I’ll make sure I provide the fire and see to it that you crash and burn! See you at Unforgiven, Vince.

Bret drops the mic and goes back to the locker room as Vince can’t believe what he’s just heard. The crowd is loving it as Vince walks up the ramp utterly speechless.

Sean O’Haire w/Bobby Heenan vs The Hurricane

The Hurricane decided to test his strength against the big man with a series of shoulder blocks that didn’t phase O’Haire. Hurricane ran the ropes again, ducked a clothesline, and took O’Haire off his feet with a flying shoulder block. Hurricane battled O’Haire into the corner and chopped away his chest, and then whipping him off the ropes and connecting with a crescent kick for a two. O’Haire then took control of the match, using his power to pummel Hurricane with blows to the back and a big boot. O’Haire powerslammed Hurricane for a two count, and went to finish him off with the Prophecy. Hurricane slipped out of the move and hit the Eye of the Hurricane! Hurricane covered, but only got a two count to Heenan’s relief. Hurricane went to the top rope and flew off with a flying cross body, but O’Haire caught Hurricane in mid air and then powered him up into the Prophecy Slam for the win.

Austin is Here

We then cut to the backstage parking lot where Stone Cold Steve Austin wheels into the lot in his “Austin 3:16” truck. Austin gets out and looks like he is in his usual pissed off mood as he walks into the backstage area.

Shelton Benjamin vs Tajiri

Benjamin took control early with a few hip tosses and a dropkick that knocked Tajiri down for an early two count. Benjamin and Tajiri exchanged some chain wrestling moves that ended up with Benjamin nipping up off the mat, ducking a clothesline, and hitting a back suplex. Shelton whipped Tajiri into the buckle and attempted a flying splash, but Tajiri moved and Benjamin crashed into the buckle head first. Tajiri then nailed Shelton with a quick kick to the head and got a two count. Benjamin reversed an irish whip, but then was caught with a back handspring elbow from Tajiri. Tajiri locked Shelton into the Tarantula until a ref’s five count broke it up. Tajiri sized Shelton up for the Buzzsaw Kick. Tajiri swung his leg, but Benjamin ducked the blow, got to his feet and hit Tajiri with the T-Bone suplex out of nowhere as Tajiri turned back around! 1..2..3. As Shelton celebrated his win, the Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton ran down to the ring and hit Shelton with the RKO! Orton stood over Benjamin, IC title in hand, and posed to the crowd with a cocky smirk on his face, having just knocked out his number one contender.

The Highlight Reel

The ring is now set up for Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel. Jericho makes his entrance and wastes no time in getting to the show.

Jericho: Welcome to Raw is Jericho! And welcome to the Highlight Reel! Now tonight is a very special, a very serious edition of the Highlight Reel. You see, two weeks ago at SummerSlam, in a triple threat match for the World Title, I suffered a mild concussion that held me out of action last week. And the cause for that concussion was a steel chair wielded by someone I have a lot of respect for and someone I called a friend. But now I am back on Raw, baby, and I’m looking for some answers! So without further ado, let’s get some answers. Please welcome, my guest on the Highlight Reel, the World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit!

Benoit makes his way down to the ring and picks up a mic before shaking hands with Jericho.

Jericho: Well I see by that gesture that I guess you think things are hunky dory between us, huh?

Benoit: Chris, you know how much respect I have for you are a wrestler and as a friend. We both came from the same beginnings. And as far as I’m concerned, SummerSlam is water under the bridge.

Jericho: Water under the bridge huh? Well let me ask you, Chris, since when is hitting someone in the head with a steel chair a sign of companionship?

Benoit: I told you, and I told everyone else, that at SummerSlam I would do whatever it took to hold on to my World Title. In a triple threat, there are no friends. There is no one you can trust. And I did exactly what I said I was going to do, and that was to retain my title.

Jericho: OK, I can respect that point of view. And since you did come out on top at SummerSlam, albeit by some shady means, and since you claim to be a fighting champion, then I would venture to say that you would have no problem defending that title at Unforgiven? And, if I’m correct in assuming you’re a fair guy, you would want to give that opportunity to someone you somewhat screwed out of the title, wouldn’t you? I guess what I’m trying to say, Chris old pal, is that at Unorgiven, you wouldn’t mind one bit to put that World Heavyweight Championship on the line against….me!

Benoit and Jericho go face to face before Benoit slowly pulls the mic up to his mouth.

Benoit: It would be my pleasure.

The crowd pops as both men stay nose to nose before Benoit slowly backs away, and it appears we have our main event for Unforgiven.

Shawn Michaels vs A-Train

HBK makes his return to Raw after SummerSlam! Michaels controlled the early goings of the match, giving Train a few jabs and a dropkick. Train gained the advantage after reversing a whip to the corner and splashing Michaels. Train gave HBK some clubbing blows and scored a near fall after an axe kick to the face. It wasn’t to last for A-Train, though. Michaels ducked a clothesline and came back with a flying forearm. HBK nipped up and moved out of the way from a charging A-Train, who crashed into the buckle and was hit with a Michaels bulldog. Shawn then went to the top rope and connected with a flying elbow drop. Michaels then began to tune up the band, and with the crowd behind him, waited for Train to get to his feet and hit him with some Sweet Chin Music for the three! Michaels posed on the turnbuckles for the crowd who welcomed him back to Raw with open arms.

An Onlooker

As HBK celebrates in the ring, we go to a locker room where Matt Hardy is sitting watching a monitor intently. Hardy smiles at what he sees and gives a thumbs up to the screen before getting up and leaving.

Triple H Is Not Happy

As we come back to the arena Triple H’s music hits and the Evolution leader makes his way to the ring, not looking very happy.

HHH: Let me get this straight. Last week on Raw I was cheated, I was screwed, out of the World Title by Chris Benoit! Everyone saw he had a handful of my tights when he pinned me, and you all know that’s the only reason he beat me. I am owed a rematch for the title, but what happens instead? Benoit takes it upon himself to pass out title shots to undeserving punks like Jericho. I deserve a lot more respect than that. I am the Game, and I want what is mine! I want my World Title, and I deserve my World Title. Benoit knows it, I know it, you people know it. The World Title belongs to me. I am the greatest wrestler in this business, and it’s only by a fluke that I’m not the World champion right now. So somebody, Bischoff, Benoit, SOMEONE needs to get their ass down here right now and set this thing straight.

“YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME.” It’s not Bischoff or Benoit that Triple H gets, but Edge! Edge appears on the ramp to a nice pop and gets on the mic.

Edge: Triple H, did I hear you right? Did I hear you say that you were screwed? Of all the people to talk about screwing people out of the World Title, you’re surely not one of them. And quite frankly Triple H, I’m getting a little sick and tired of hearing you bitch week after week!

HHH: Edge, you are sticking your nose where it doesn’t belong, son.

Edge: Nose? Now there’s a topic you’re an expert on! Whoa, look at the honker on that guy! But seriously Trips, you’re whining and complaining is getting a little old. As far as I see it, there’s a whole locker room of hungry superstars waiting to get a crack at the World Title. And at the top of that list….is me! So I say it’s time you earn your way back up the ladder, and you can start by trying to get through me. You say you’re the greatest wrestler today? Well instead of getting your title shots by kissing Eric Bischoff’s ass, why not earn one by getting it done in the ring! Because that’s one thing you haven’t done lately, Trips. And if you ask me, I think, after Benoit beat you AGAIN last week, it’s because you don’t have it anymore. You say you’re the Game? Well I say….Game On Bitch!

Triple H jumps onto the ropes furious at Edge’s comments as Edge’s music hits and he walks back to the locker room. Strong words from Edge!

Kane Attacks Bischoff

We then cut to the backstage area where an angry Kane stalks the halls. He comes to Eric Bischoff’s office and kicks in the door.

Eric: What the….

Kane goes face to face with Eric.

Kane: I am upset Eric. A few weeks ago, Chris Jericho promised me a title shot after he won the World Title at SummerSlam. But he didn’t win the title at SummerSlam, did he? Now, I want my title shot Eric!

Eric: Kane, I would like to do that for you but Benoit has already signed to defend the title against Jericho at Unforgiven. But…

Kane: What?! Why should he get a title shot before me? He’s had his shot, now it’s my turn!

Eric: I don’t know what you want me to do.

Kane gets a slight smile on his face and starts to chuckle.

Kane: That’s OK Eric, I’ll think of something.

Kane pats Eric on the shoulder and walks away. But just as Eric sighs in relief, Kane charges back in and nearly takes Eric’s head off with a clothesline. Kane is furious! Kane begins to destroy Eric’s office, throwing objects and flipping the table over. Kane throws Bischoff against a wall, and the grabs a chair. Kane rears back and smacks the chair over Bischoff’s head! Bischoff is busted open and unconscious on the floor. Kane throws the chair down and smiles at his handy work before leaving the office. EMTs rush into the room to check on Bischoff who looks to be in a serious condition.

The Outsiders Bash Austin’s Truck

We then see the backstage parking lot in the Titan Tron where we see Hall and Nash creeping up on Austin’s truck. Both men have pipes in their hands.

Nash: Hey Austin. This is a nice truck you got here.

Hall: Yea mane. It would be a shame if anything were to happen to it, chico.

With that Nash busts in a window with the pipe! Hall then bashes in the windshield with his. The Outsiders beat on the truck with their pipes until Steve Austin comes charging into the picture. Austin gives some lefts and rights to both Hall and Nash. Austin throws Hall onto the hood of the truck and continues his beating, but Nash comes from behind with a pipe to the back of Austin’s head! Nash clocks Austin in the forehead with the weapon and Austin is out. Hall and Nash put the boots to Austin on the concrete. Nash stand over Austin and grabs him by the chin.

Nash: Hey Austin! At Unforgiven, you’re going to end up just like your truck- smashed up and out of commission!

Hall and Nash then drop their pipes and leave the scene as Austin lays on the ground unconscious.

Chris Jericho vs “Nature Boy” Ric Flair

Jericho controls the match early, sending Flair into the corner and giving him some of his own chops to the chest. Jericho hits a back breaker for an early two. Flair pokes the eye of Jericho and shoves him to the corner. Flair chops away at Jericho, showing him how it’s done. Flair suplexes Jericho to the mat, but decides to go to the top rope. As always, Jericho gets to his feet and throws Flair off the top. Jericho goes for the Lionsault, but Flair moves. Jericho lands on his feet, but Flair takes out his leg with a chop block. Flair works on the leg of Jericho and then sets him up for the Figure Four. Flair goes to wrap Jericho in it, but Chris shoves Flair in the back with his foot into the corner. Flair hits the buckle chest first and Jericho takes his legs out from under him and turns Flair over into the Walls of Jericho! Flair is screaming in pain when Batista comes running down to the ring. Batista gets on the apron, causing Jericho to release the hold and hit Batista with a dropkick of the middle rope. Jericho turns back around and hits a groggy Flair with a bulldog. Jericho bounces off the ropes for the Lionsault and hits it for the win! After the bell, Batista gets in the ring and clobbers Jericho with a clothesline. Batista and Flair put the boots to Jericho. Batista sets Jericho up for a powerbomb, but out runs Chris Benoit with a chair! Benoit slides in the ring, causing Batista and Flair to exit. Benoit keeps Evolution at bay while Jericho gets to his feet. Benoit makes sure Batista and Flair are far enough away…..and smacks Jericho in the back with the chair! What is Benoit doing? Jericho falls to his knees and Benoit cracks the chair over Jericho’s head! Jericho is out in the ring and Benoit smiles his toothless grin. Benoit then puts Jericho into the Crossface. Benoit wrenches back as Jericho is obviously defenseless. The sound of the bell ringing doesn’t phase Benoit. Benoit finally releases the hold and then heads back up the ramp as the show comes to a close.

Show Notes

Overall Rating= 78%

TV Rating= 5.68

Attendance= 10,038

$= 401,520

* Benoit's turn is completed and he is now a heel. Benoit gained overness from his turn and Jericho lost overness as Benoit's victim.

* Sean O'Haire gained overness from his match.

E-Mails

"Tajiri was working too stiffly."- Shelton Benjamin

"You overused Jericho at the show. The fans started to get sick of seeing him."- Road Agent

"How about booking me in some matches with Chris Jericho?"- Matt Hardy

Edited by Prototype

Guest Prototype

user posted image

Preview

This Thursday on Smackdown, WWF Champion Eddie Guerrero will be in the arena, and you gotta believe he has some things to say to the man who attacked him last week, Raven.

Speaking of Raven, he will make his in-ring debut!

Plus, in a tag team main event, United States Champion John Cena will team up with RVD to take on JBL and Booker T.

Edited by Prototype

There are still some things I just can't imagine, or probably I don't want to imagine, such as Bobby Heenan managing Sean O'Haire. It just doesn't seem right, to me atleast.

I don't like the fact that you're turning something that was originally a shoot into something much more stupid, like a match between Vince & Bret. It's not really your fault though. Over the years, Vince & Co. have sorta manipulated that into a work these days anyways. But yeah. I just don't like that.

And I'm sorta split on the Raven/Eddie situation. On the one hand, I'm a huge Raven mark and I'd love to see this feud in real life over the WWE/F Belt, but I just can't imagine it.

I don't see anything else I don't like. Good work so far. :P

Guest Prototype

There are still some things I just can't imagine, or probably I don't want to imagine, such as Bobby Heenan managing Sean O'Haire. It just doesn't seem right, to me atleast.

I don't like the fact that you're turning something that was originally a shoot into something much more stupid, like a match between Vince & Bret. It's not really your fault though. Over the years, Vince & Co. have sorta manipulated that into a work these days anyways. But yeah. I just don't like that.

And I'm sorta split on the Raven/Eddie situation. On the one hand, I'm a huge Raven mark and I'd love to see this feud in real life over the WWE/F Belt, but I just can't imagine it.

I don't see anything else I don't like. Good work so far. :P