The 2010 Summer transfer thread

Welbeck on loan to Sunderland is all but confirmed. I'm happy about that too, think he'll do well there actually.

Linked with Ozil and Trochowski again. I'm expecting Ozil to eventually leave in this market, but I'm interested as to how much for and where too. I think he'd fit in great with our team, but cant see us stumping up the cash for him.

Apparently the price for Ozil is anywhere between £12-16mill which is incredible business for any side.

I think SAF would prefer Trochowski, as I think it's hard for him to swallow his pride and admit he fucked up by turning him down previously.

I can imagine Ozil at .... Bayern or something.

It's rumoured that Chelsea's last signing of the season (since Ancelotti inferred that there would be three total) could be Darijo Srna.

If so, it seems really superfluous given all the right-sided players (especially full-backs) we have already. :/

The Reid deal is finalized at West Ham, and Ben-Haim is in on loan. Reid might need some time to adapt to the Premier League, but he and Ben-Haim both can play centre back or right back, which is what we need big time at the club. Those were the weak spots, so it's nice to see those needs finally addressed. Overall, I think it's been a good summer for us. Hitlzberger should prove to be a steal I think, and Barrera, while raw, could provide a lot. Piquionne is another good signing as it gives Carlton Cole someone up front who will actually help him out (seeing as Benni McCarthy is going to do fuck all, again). I think it'll still be a poor season at times, but we should definitely be staying up again this season.

The Reid deal is finalized at West Ham, and Ben-Haim is in on loan. Reid might need some time to adapt to the Premier League, but he and Ben-Haim both can play centre back or right back, which is what we need big time at the club. Those were the weak spots, so it's nice to see those needs finally addressed. Overall, I think it's been a good summer for us. Hitlzberger should prove to be a steal I think, and Barrera, while raw, could provide a lot. Piquionne is another good signing as it gives Carlton Cole someone up front who will actually help him out (seeing as Benni McCarthy is going to do fuck all, again). I think it'll still be a poor season at times, but we should definitely be staying up again this season.

Agreed, and I still can't believe WH landed him.

Cleverley seems to be headed for Wigan although I guess they are holding off until someone comes in or there's an update on Carrick's fitness.

Cleverley should be staying now from what Ferguson said. Pleased about that, I think he'll become a regular fixture in our team in a few years. Diouf looks like he'll be off to Blackburn on loan. He looks to be a very raw talent so a bit of Premiership experience should help him out quite a bit.

Seems like Milner is all but on his way to Man City - Stephen Ireland going the other way will be great for him as he's too good to be languishing on the bench.

Anyway, must be nice for Chelsea now that everyone has a new Fantasy Football-minded team to hate. In fact Chelsea seem to be running quite a tight ship with regards to signings these days.

God I'd love to have Hleb at Sunderland but no way could we afford his wages without breaking our wage structure. One of the best at ball retention I've ever seen in the Premiership in the last few years and that's exactly what we need, but our interest in him will never really amount and he'll go to a European chasing team.

Moving to Barcelona was the worst thing he could have done, he'd been such a joy to watch whenever I got the chance to see Arsenal play. Hope he comes back to the Premiership.

Worst piece of gossip I've possibly ever heard: Reina to Arsenal for 23M. Thank you The Sun. There's so much wrong with that. And more reason for me to want to punch anybody who says The Sun's "good for footie!" in the throat.

Now The Sun can't claim Torres and Gerrard are leaving, who else are thy going to claim is leaving us? They're obsessed with the whole 'Liverpool are a sinking ship' angle. As far as Insua goes, unless we can get a solid replacement, we'd be mad to leave ourselves with only Aurellio, who has problems staying fit. We have been linked with Wayne Bridge again recently though