The 2010 Summer transfer thread

If I were Villa I'd use some of that £18m to buy a striker.

Erm...Robbie Keane, maybe? [/random punt]

Bah, no. In all honesty I want the new manager to bring in a striker. There is plenty of young talent out there that we can buy. A lot of the fans are sick of buying solely within the UK market. Spurs will overvalue Keane and he's 29. I'd rather we went for a 25-26 year old from abroad for half the price.

When City come knocking with the valuation of a player + £10 + Stephen Ireland you can't really say no. It's just sad that when a team like Villa, Spurs or Everton find a break out star they end up being poached by the upper echelons of the league. Apart from a sugar daddy buy out that will prevent anybody breaking the top four.

And Kevin Prince-Boateng has been sold for 5 million pounds to Genoa, who are loaning him to AC Milan for the season, with Milan looking to make the move permanent. Just seems like a silly process there.

Reminds me of when Barcelona bought that Keirrison (I think?) only to loan him to Roma with a buy out clause

If I were Villa I'd use some of that £18m to buy a striker.

Erm...Robbie Keane, maybe? [/random punt]

Bah, no. In all honesty I want the new manager to bring in a striker. There is plenty of young talent out there that we can buy. A lot of the fans are sick of buying solely within the UK market. Spurs will overvalue Keane and he's 29. I'd rather we went for a 25-26 year old from abroad for half the price.

Yeah you could really do with a bit of (and I'm sorry for using the lazy English pundit way of describing it but I can't think of a better way) "contintental flair". A new, preferably creative striker would be a good investment to take some of the strain off of Gabby and big John.

I'm hearing that Mohamadou Sissoko has just signed for Killie on a one year loan

How the hell does that work? He was billed as one of the brightest young talents in football... yet is going to be hacked to death by some Baltic midfielder whilst playing for a midtable club in the SPL.

Unless I'm thinking of another Sissoko... but that isn't exactly an uncommon name >_>

EDIT: copying names from BBC usually ends up messing up the whole post and I'm too lazy to change it >_>

Edited by The General

I'm hearing that Mohamadou Sissoko has just signed for Killie on a one year loan

How the hell does that work? He was billed as one of the brightest young talents in football... yet is going to be hacked to death by some Baltic midfielder whilst playing for a midtable club in the SPL.

Unless I'm thinking of another Sissoko... but that isn't exactly an uncommon name >_>

EDIT: copying names from BBC usually ends up messing up the whole post and I'm too lazy to change it >_>

This summer we have signed both Sissoko and David Silva!

And I wish we were a midtable club. :shifty:

Unfortunately you can't really compete with a team that is playing in the top division.

I agree, it's still a shame though.

Pitman has real potential and was improving at a rapid rate under Howe and Tindall.

I think it's a move too early for him in all honesty. A bit like Sam Vokes, whose career has gone downhill since leaving, though that had to happen as we'd have gone to the wall without the money.

Still though, the money gained can go toward paying for Pugh, paying some debt off and potentially securing another couple of players in January if they are needed.

Wait and see I guess.

Well he is certainly confident in his ability. I hope he succeeds as it would look good on the club and Joe Roach who has been incredible for us over the years in terms of blooding young players and securing our financial and on the pitch future.

I just don't see him getting many games and he'll end up at square one or below by this time next year.