A Set For The Terry Family

ONO

Terry's brother follows in his footsteps

Thu May 20 11:08AM

John Terry's brother Paul has followed in his footsteps - by sleeping with a team-mate's girlfriend.

The Daily Mirror reports that Paul Terry slept with Lindsey Cowan, the fiancée of his team-mate Dale Roberts at Blue Square Premier side Rushden & Diamonds.

Thirty-one-year-old Terry originally denied the affair when questioned by Roberts despite having admitted it to other members of the team, but Cowan confirmed to her partner what had been going on.

"It's true, she told me she'd been seeing Paul," 24-year-old goalkeeper Roberts told the Mirror, adding that he has split up with Cowan, who he had been with since secondary school.

"It is bad enough she's done it at all but the fact that it is with him, one of my team-mates, makes it that much harder to bear," he added.

The Rushden team - who narrowly missed out on a trip to the Blue Square Premier play-off final - are reported to be in uproar, with several calling for Terry to be sacked.

The affair echoes the scandal which erupted over John Terry's liaisons with Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel earlier this year, a sequence of events which led Terry to lose the England captaincy and Bridge to turn down a likely place in the World Cup squad

And Roberts's father George was quick to draw parallels between the two Terrys after seeing his son left heartbroken.

"Paul is just like his brother John," he said. "They say every family has a black sheep - the Terrys must have a flock."

Last week the Terrys' father Ted admitted dealing cocaine in an Essex wine bar.

"Hey, if I mention John Terry's name, I might get in a newspaper!"

Isn't it old news that John Terry's family isn't exactly what you would call 'Moral Family of the Year'? World Cup starts in three weeks and we've got British tabloids taking the focus off the football and onto one of top player's brother's personal life! >_<

Well, he's got to try and match John in something. Imagine how shit it must be to be Paul Terry, knowing your brother is younger, infinitely richer, not ginger, more famous and better at what he does than you are.

I just Googled Paul Terry and saw the headline "Rushden and Diamonds launch probe into Paul Terry..." unfortunately it was followed by "'s alleged affair" :(

• Like 1