Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Stoke its a credit to United to have gotten as close as they did but besides the odd few weeks here and there, it always felt like it was Chelsea's title to lose. Now another year on, United dont look any stronger and its hardly likely Rooney will have another season like the one just past. Without the same again from Rooney, it's down to the wildcard in Hernandez and we dont know what Sir Alex has planned for him yet, nor do we

know for sure the impact that he will have in sunny England. Im still going to get up at ungodly hours to watch the team every single week but Im not going to delude myself by declaring we are certain champions league winners :P

I should add, the above doesnt mean I think Rooney will play like shit, just not as well and if he doesnt play to last seasons standard, United arent going to be any chance of being a title threat unless Hernandez becomes an instant success in England and we cant know how he will adapt just yet.

Stoke its a credit to United to have gotten as close as they did but besides the odd few weeks here and there, it always felt like it was Chelsea's title to lose. Now another year on, United dont look any stronger and its hardly likely Rooney will have another season like the one just past. Without the same again from Rooney, it's down to the wildcard in Hernandez and we dont know what Sir Alex has planned for him yet, nor do we

know for sure the impact that he will have in sunny England. Im still going to get up at ungodly hours to watch the team every single week but Im not going to delude myself by declaring we are certain champions league winners :P

Rubbish. We're fucking four games into the season and you're doing the same shit some others are doing, trying to judge everything way too early. And so far, Berbatov has looked fantastic, basically our best player so far. It's amazing how much stick he took, yet SAF stuck by him and MAYBE it's going to prove to be one hell of a decision, because he's looking so much better than he did at the start of last season.

Always felt like Chelsea's title? Bollocks. It came down to the final day. It could of gone either way as well. Really, you could even say it was decided by the head to head games the two had. It was easily one of the closest seasons in a long time. While I think we looked great last season, we should be even better this season around. The addition of Javier is important, fitness of Owen is finally up, we can even bring in the unknown Bebe in the CL if rest is needed for others and the likes of Nani and Valencia have had a previous season to finally find their places in the team. Just don't get your logic one bit. We showed on Saturday we don't need to rely on Rooney half as much this season. We went to Everton and were pretty much cruising up until the final few minutes. Attacking wise we looked really good. Less pressure on Rooney can only be a good thing too.

I'm not judging this by a few games, I'm judging this by a gradual decline since the loss of Ronaldo and Tevez.

Same thing happened after Beckham left, took us a few years to settle after that.

There is no way we looked great last season. If not for Rooney having the season of his career, we'd have been screwed, The United of old could have relied upon goals from midfield but not so much this team, If our strikers arent nearly breaking records, we are in trouble.

You are relying on a lot of what ifs and sure if even a few of the things you say happen, obviously the outlook obviously improves but I have to see that happen first before I put faith in it.

I've supported this club probably longer than you've been alive and the club doesn't have a god given right to win titles like some of the glory hunters believe. It's something that the team has to work hard at every single season.

I'd love for you to prove me wrong but until I see the hard evidence consistently proven over a few months of the season, as things currently stand, I'm expecting us to put up a good fight but for Chelsea to eventually prevail.

I've supported this club probably longer than you've been alive

I'm intruiged as to know how old The Ego is now. If he's not at least 50 I'm going to be disappointed.

EDIT: Oh, he's only a couple of years older than me. <_<

Also age has nothing to do with the right of being a football fan. Otherwise none of us would be allowed to support football by our fathers' generation and their fathers. We're all allowed an opinion.

Hell, if I was 60 years old I would harbour a deep seated belief that Tottenham DESERVED to win the league every year. :lmao:

I'm about to agree with Johnny Perfect, as weird as that sounds, but only 4 games have been played the table is meaningless until about 10-2 games into the season. And to be honest Ego sounds more like a "glory hunter" than JP does based off his last post. "ZOMG 4 GAMES IN WE ISNT CHAMPIONZ, FAIL". It may be Chelsea's title, it may be Arsenal's, it may even be Spurs'. At this point it could be Blackpools. 4 games in it's anyone's game.

I've given up listening to United doom-mongers anyway. Every time they go on a run of "Our team is poor/We're rebuilding/It's a transition/We'll be trophyless this year", they then go on and win the league and come back at the end of the season for another round of "It was always meant to be/We always had the best squad/Glory Glory Man United/etc.".

I've supported the club for over 15 years.

Had no idea of the history when I saw my first match and fell in love with the club.

I'm hardly going ZOMGWESUCK after 4 games.

I'm saying that we haven't been the same club since the departure of Ronaldo/Tevez and we havent'. We were noticeably weaker last year.

I'd like to believe we are stronger this year but it's all a bit too much what if at the moment.

I remember after 1998/99 people were complaining that "we only won the league" I was one of those that was "yay we retained the league title!"

I'm hardly a defeatist, I'd love to be proved wrong and I said as much before.