Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Nope, perfectly plausible if you ask me.

And Hughes is such a good underrated manager. Didn't do any worse than anyone else would have in that season with Man City. Did a good job with Fulham this season and has consistently done well with Blackburn when he was there.

I think he'll do a good job with Villa, although if Young and Downing are going he'll need adequate replacements otherwise Bent won't get goals - he needs stuff on a plate so needs people to support him really.

I don't see why Hughes doesn't go off abroad sometime, I reckon he could definitely manage a top echelon team in Germany etc. he's played abroad and the like as well and it obviously did him good. And he'd probably get a lot more recognition for his achievements than here.

Hughes is capable, sure. But he's a right ol' dickhead to boot.

Yeah beig a dickhead really hinders manager some times

mourinhodv.jpg

Oh wait....

Yeah, except Hughes doesn't even begin to stand up to Mourinho as a manager. Mourinho can get away with being a dick because he's so splendid at it :wub:. Hughes is just a dick. (N)

• Like 2

• Admin
Chelsea captain John Terry has said he would welcome the appointment of either Mark Hughes or Guus Hiddink as Blues manager.

The club are looking for a successor to Carlo Ancelotti after releasing the Italian at the end of last season.

Hughes, who resigned from Fulham on Thursday, and Turkey coach Hiddink have been linked with the role.

Hiddink was in temporary charge at Chelsea in 2009, winning the FA Cup, while Hughes is an ex-Blues striker.

"There's a lot of speculation out there at the moment," said Terry who was speaking ahead of England's Euro 2012 qualifier against Switzerland on Saturday.

"I was very sad to see Carlo go, and as a group of players we will wait for the club to make a decision. There's a lot of managers being linked at the moment."

On Hughes, who has also been linked with the vacant Aston Villa job, Terry added: "He's someone that hopefully the club will be talking to. If it's him he will be welcomed by the players."

Despite speculation about the Chelsea vacancy, Hiddink is, according to his agent, committed to Turkey until at least October.

When asked about Hiddink, Terry added: "We had a great time under Guus, he would be welcomed back.

"Whether we are going to get someone who knows the club or someone different, that's out of the players hands."

No point reading anything into JT's comments. He was at an England press conference and asked directly about Hughes and Hiddink. There are no circumstances in which he is going to say "no, don't want him" no matter what prospective manager he's asked about. The rule is to offer your full support to all candidates, so that you haven't got any PR problems no matter who gets the job.

• Like 1

Has anyone considered the possibility of Mark Hughes going to Cardiff?

If Cardiff can afford his wages, maybe. But I think his whole line of "I want to broaden my experience" would make going to Cardiff a little... odd. Considering he just left a Premiership club with potential to become a permanent fixture in the Europa League. Although the possibility of getting Cardiff into the Prem is just as ambitious, I guess.

Mark Hughes is capable of getting a much better job than Cardiff. If you are going off the "he would want it because he is Welsh" well, stop, since he is from Wrexham and the North welsh folk aren't that keen on the southerners. Not that has much to do with this, since Hughes can and will do much better than a Championship side when it all comes out in the wash.

As for going abroad? Maybe, but that would mean uprooting the family to a non-English speaking country and besides Hughes hardly enjoyed his time playing abroad.

Mark Hughes is capable of getting a much better job than Cardiff. If you are going off the "he would want it because he is Welsh" well, stop, since he is from Wrexham and the North welsh folk aren't that keen on the southerners. Not that has much to do with this, since Hughes can and will do much better than a Championship side when it all comes out in the wash.

As for going abroad? Maybe, but that would mean uprooting the family to a non-English speaking country and besides Hughes hardly enjoyed his time playing abroad.

Most North Wales people get on with Southerners btw but I think it should be considered.

• Admin
Footballer Wayne Rooney has confirmed he has had a hair transplant at a top London clinic in a bid to restore his receding locks to their former glory.

In a post on Twitter, the England star said he was "delighted" with the result.

"Just to confirm to all my followers I have had a hair transplant. I was going bald at 25 why not," he tweeted.

The Manchester United striker said he had his treatment at a hair clinic on London's famous Harley Street.

He also asked his followers if anyone could recommend any good hair gel because his head was "still a bit bruised and swollen".

The footballer's wife, Coleen Rooney, also took to Twitter to confirm the news, making sure people knew it was his decision, not hers.

"Hiya!! Yes waynes had his hair done! His own decision not me asking him, like alot are saying!! Pleased for him and it will look great," she tweeted.

Meanwhile Manchester United and England teammate Rio Ferdinand joked: "Just don't go down the wearing a alice band route!! You'll be doing head&shoulders adverts soon! Hope its gone ok Good luck lad."

It is not the first time one of Rooney's teammates has teased him about his hair on Twitter.

On 7 May, Manchester United star Michael Owen tweeted: "How old are you in that photo? Your face looks like a 12 year olds but your hair looks like a 60 year old!".

"Easy mo u know that's a sensitive subject," was Rooney's response.

Rooney is the latest in a line of sports stars to have turned to treatment to beat baldness.

In 2005, ex-England cricketer Graham Gooch and former England rugby player Austin Healey appeared in adverts for an anti-hair loss laser treatment.

At the time, Advanced Hair Studios said both men, and Australian cricketer Shane Warne, were among 300,000 people worldwide who had taken up the laser therapy - or the company's patented strand-by-strand hair replacement procedure - although the Advertising Standards Authority later ruled the therapy's effectiveness had not been proved.

In 2008, former Monty Python star John Cleese also confirmed he had had a hair transplant during a television interview with presenters Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan.

:lol:

Curses. However receedy my hair got I could always say "at least I've got more than Rooney and Prince William". Now Rooney's screwed that up. :angry:

Anyway, Keane scored 2 goals for Ireland last night meaning he's up to 51 and the first British or Irish player to ever score 50 international goals. He's been on great form these last few weeks for Ireland - worth having one last go at Spurs I think. On this form he's gotta be worth it.