Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

The kind of Chelsea fan with the level of intelligence to be swayed by that is also the kind of Chelsea fan who has an irrational hatred of all people/players/things from rival teams, especially Spurs. On the plus side, if Harry did become boss they'd probably kill themselves first.

I think that Harry might be a back-up option for Chelsea at the most. Hiddink is the likely first choice but we won't see any movement on that until the week after the June 3rd/4th Euro Qualifiers. That still gives the papers plenty of time to cycle through 3 or 4 other 'favourites' before then.

With all of that said, whether the manager does end up being Hiddink or Harry or someone else, it's only fair for Chelsea fans to support him and allow him a good go.

Salifou is a waste of wages and a funny in-joke between fans of our club. Carew is a waste of space and was making Heskey look good. Most fans are overly glad both are gone. Myself included. Carew stopped caring and stopped trying. He was good for us in his time here but couldn't be bothered on far too many occasions.

I think he was a very talented footballer. In the games he played during our European campaign (I went to all the home legs), he got to play a fair bit along with some other fringe players and he played some great passes - usually to the byline for Routledge. He just wasn't a complete article. His tackling wasn't great and his positional sense was off. Takes more than a great passing range - otherwise Berson would have been a fixture in our midfield for years - and Salifou didn't have enough about him. He coulda been used more in the league - sure - but he obviously wasn't talented enough to get a look in above our youth.

Mistake. NRC played well the last few games and has never really let us down. MON changed his role from box to box to anchor man and he found it hard but he became good at the role. His passing isn't great - which too many people complain about - but his engine, drive and communication are second to none. I have a feeling his contract demands were too high for what we'd class as a rotation player. However.. will bringing in a replacement cost more in the long-term (transfer fee and wage). Although a limited footballer, I rate him highly and think a mid table Premiership team needs to be picking him up because he's perfect for the division. There is apparently interest from abroad though. I might not mind as much if this brings the Hitz homecoming to fruition, because it's heavily rumoured and although a different type of player he'd add something we need to our midfield. The other hope is that Hogg could potentially do Reo's job to an extent. Minus the engine.

I was super pleased with the signing of Makoun, think he's a brilliant player. I see us playing 433 next season though. So NRC woulda been useful. I wouldn't want Gardner back in our side. One trick wonder and a lying shit-eating prick, too. His brother is (supposedly) more talented all-round which will be good to see.

As a club we have a LOT going on. A lot of players potentially leaving. Gonna be a lot of players coming in, just hope they're the right ones.

Scholes :( My favourite ever player and so to see him retire is a sad day. The fact so many of the greatest players ever refer to him as one of the best in the world says it all. Just a fantastic footballer and model professional.

Edited by Dynamite

I'm so sad to see Scholes retire, I truly think he is one of the very best who for some reason was never quite given the recognition he deserved. Some of the balls and goals he scored were just out of this world.

I think Xavi put it best when he said that Scholes hasn't received the recognition he deserves all over the world because he isn't Spanish. He also said Scholes is the best central midfielder of the last 20 years.

Not a bad compliment, coming from Xavi, who is also pretty decent.

What I like most about Scholes it that he seemed like a fairly level-headed guy. He didn't go out getting absolutely slaughtered every week, didn't get an agent to negotiate him massive deals and though to be honest he seemed like quite the prick (who takes a swing at Xabi Alonso? :(), he didn't seem like a flash typical footballer prick, which is quite refreshing. Almost the exact opposite of why I like Balotelli :shifty:

But yeah, easily the best English midfielder of the last two decades. Just oozed class on the pitch. Didn't get the accolades he deserved but that type of player never does.

I'm glad he retired before Fergie managed to replace him though. He's had like six years to think about it, Jesus.

Edited by Pesci