Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

It's probably a bit early but hey, it gives us something to bicker about until the World Cup starts. <_<

We know who's there, all that's left is to make bad predictions that we'll forget about come October.

Here's my two cents

Chelsea ©

Arsenal

Man United

Man City (FA Cup)

-

Spurs

Liverpool

-

Villa

Birmingham City (Carling Cup)

Fulham

Bolton

Sunderland

Blackburn

Everton

Wolves

West Ham

Stoke City

Newcastle

-

Wigan

West Brom

Blackpool

Reasoning?

Arsenal: I don't see Fabrigas leaving, and if an offer is agreed then I'll see him staying until next season. Then Barcelona will definitely have him, but won't need to bother about trying to fit him into a Barce squad with Xavi and Iniesta.

Man City: They don't exactly have a slimline squad and could very easily play one squad in the League and another in cup competitions. The problem of course is keeping everyone happy, I don't see it being THAT much of a problem... until they get to next Summer and realise that half of the team want out.

Spurs: I see them struggling to play to their best in both the Premier League AND the CL (providing they win their game in August)

Birmingham: They did really well this season and, barring Joe Hart leaving I see them improving on this. Well... provided Ben Foster is actually semi-good. If not then I see them near the relegation zone. It's THAT much of a problem.

Everton: I see some of their bigger stars (Pineear, Yakubu) leaving this summer

Fulham: No Europe means they will actually be playing this time and not strategically picking their squad. And their squad is a brilliant squad for what it is.

Wolves + Stoke: They've been doing well lately yet I see them going through a difficult season. Especially if teams actually start marking Stoke throw ins.

The promoted sides: Blackpool is pretty much expected... no matter how much I love them they are in exactly the same situation as Derby with Billy Davis. West Brom will probably go down because they're West Brom, Newcastle staying up by a whisker is just about right. I don't see them beating many teams in the table this season... but probably scrape enough points to survive, maybe just on goal difference.

• Like 2

1. Chelsea © (FA Cup)
  2. Man United
  3. Man City (Carling Cup)
  4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool
  6. Tottenham

7. Aston Villa
  8. Everton
  9. Fulham
  10. Birmingham City
  11. Sunderland
  12. West Ham
  13. Blackburn
  14. Stoke City
  15. Bolton
  16. Newcastle
  17. Wigan

18. Wolves
  19. West Brom
  20. Blackpool

I think Man City will be too strong to be denied the Champions League spot this time around, while Chelsea will be champions again unless United strenghtne because relying on Rooney might not work as well again,

Bottom half is really interchangable except for bottom three. I think West Brom will go down like they always do, Blackppol is a given while 2nd season syndrome come and bites Wolves.

• Like 1

RE: Manchester United

If they were any other club in the world then I'd predict them to drop out of the Champions League places altogether: Their older players are getting older (Van Der Sar, Giggs, Scholes), their youth players are turning into squad players and not starlets (Park-Ji Sung, Anderson, Tosic? then again he's only had a season), some of their key players seem to have just dropped completely in quality over the past season (Ferdinand, Vidic)

and they'll not be able to replace all of the cracks at once.

It looks identical to Liverpool the season prior to this... The difference of course being that they're Manchester United.

No matter how much I keep saying bad things about them they keep on coming back and destroying my perception of them.

Oh shit, thinking about it I should probably have tipped them as champions :/

• Like 2

It may just be because I'm a Chelsea fan, but I can never take any talk of a Manchester United In Decline seriously. They seem to operate to different physical and/or logical laws to all other clubs.

• Like 1

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Manchester City

4. Arsenal

--------------------------

5. Everton

6. Aston Villa

7. Tottenham Hotspur

8. Birmingham City

9. Fulham

10. Stoke City

11. Liverpool

12. Bolton Wanderers

13. Blackburn Rovers

14. Sunderland

15. Wolves

16. Wigan Athletic

17. West Bromwich Albion

---------------------------

18. West Ham United

19. Newcastle United

20. Blackpool :(

Reasoning: None whatsoever. Just hate Liverpool. I enjoy seeing Rafa fail miserably, and I want to see more of it. Also dislike Newcastle, so here's hoping they go straight back down.

So much for whatever little credibility I had :D:shifty:

Edited by Magus978
  • Like 1

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Manchester City

4. Tottenham Hotspur

5. Arsenal

6. Liverpool

7. Aston Villa

8. Everton

9. Sunderland

10. Newcastle

11. Birmingham

12. Wolves

13. Blackburn Rovers

14. Fulham

15. West Ham

16. Bolton

17. West Bromwich Albion

18. Blackpool

19. Stoke City

20. Wigan

• Like 1

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Manchester City

4. Tottenham Hotspur

5. Arsenal

6. Birmingham (I can hope)

7. Aston Villa

8. Everton

9. Liverpool

10. Fulham

11. Sunderland

12. Stoke

13. Blackburn Rovers

14. Newcastle

15. Wigan

16. Bolton

17. Blackpool (screw reality! I have hope!)

18. West Bromwich Albion

19. Wolves

20. West Ham (Gold and Sullivan will tear that club apart)

• Like 1

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

----------

5. Manchester City

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Aston Villa

9. Birmingham

10. Fulham

11. West Ham

12. Sunderland

13. Newcastle

14. Bolton

15. Blackburn

16. Wigan

17. Wolves

----------

18. Stoke

19. West Brom

20. Blackpool

After about the top eight, it's a bit of just throwing them in there really. I think we'll bounce back way better than some here are thinking, granted we had a really average season by our expectations this year and Fergie is as fired up as much as ever. I also expect Liverpool to bounce back and also surprise people. Still no place for City in the top four.

• Like 1

...did you just call Park Ji-Sung a youth player? :shifty:

He's Asian. He'll still look young when pushing 50 <_<

Nah, I've just had a flick through my World Cup sticker book (yes I am in my 20's...) and South Koreas keeper is 37 but looks about 50. Inspired me to have a flick through to find the oldest player, only to find its wor David James. Waste of time. Think Schwarzers second, these lads have been around forever.